cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode Option Disappears

Corbin
Underground

I applied the deep cuts mode to a particular station I created and it worked fine for about a day, but now the deep cuts option is no longer available on that station.  How can I get the deep cuts option back?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
86 Replies

ikeray
Underground

Jimmy Eat World Radio

0 Kudos

ikeray
Underground

I don't know if you had anything to do with it, but it has been fixed and my deep cuts are back; I'm very thankful!

trustingHim17
Local Performer

I decided to try "Deep Cuts" the other day, but as soon as I entered that mode, all my mode options disappeared. I'm stuck in Deep Cuts. How do I get back to My Station?

I am on the web. The station is Christian Hard Rock Radio. It hasn't affected any other station, but I also have not selected Deep Cuts on any other station.  The first picture is what it looks like now. The second picture is how all my other stations look.

trustingHim17_0-1582646349001.png

trustingHim17_1-1582646417308.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@trustingHim17 I moved your post to this thread as I believe this may be related to the same issue.

To clarify, were all Modes once available on this station, and are now no longer showing?

If so, certain Modes will disappear for 24 hours if an excessive amount of thumbs down ratings are given.

I recommend you edit your station to remove some of those thumbs down ratings, and wait 24 hours.

If they do not appear after waiting 24 hours once those thumbs down ratings are removed, please reach back out and let me know. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

trustingHim17
Local Performer

Yes, the 5 modes visible in my second screenshot were once visible on this station. Now none of them are visible.

"will disappear for 24 hours"? Does that mean they'll come back on their own tomorrow even without me removing the thumbs downs? It happened yesterday morning.

Also, I could see that being the case if it had been some time after I turned on Deep Cuts. This happened immediately. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@trustingHim17 Yes - I recommend removing some of those thumbs down ratings, and then waiting 24 hours to see if the Modes options appear on your station.

If they do not re-appear, please reach back out and let me know. 

0 Kudos

drummelv
Local Performer

My Eric Church Radio station sometimes has the deep cuts option and other times it's gone. Is this something that can be resolved?

Thanks, Melv

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@drummelv I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

To clarify, certain Modes will disappear for 24 hours if an excessive amount of thumbs down ratings are given in that particular Mode.

I recommend you edit your station to remove some of those thumbs down ratings, and wait 24 hours.

It should re-appear on your station 24 hours after removing some of the thumbs down ratings you've given on that station.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

bchertov
Opening Act

I am having the same problem. I've really been enjoying Deep Cuts on my very customized station. But today the Deep Cuts option is no longer offered on that station. It is available on another station though. Station name is Barry Shuffle

0 Kudos

bchertov
Opening Act

Deep Cuts is now back on my station. Did you guys do anything? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bchertov I ended up combining your post with this larger thread as we have received similar reports of this in the past.

My guess is the Deep Cuts Mode was likely removed from your Barry Shuffle station as a result of too many thumbs down on that particular Mode.

If this happens again, try removing some of your thumbs down on that station, and waiting 24 hours before launching it again.

If that option is still missing from Pandora Modes 24 hours after removing the thumbs down ratings on that station, please make sure to reach back out and let me know. 

0 Kudos

bchertov
Opening Act

Removing Deep Cuts because of too many thumbs down seems like a bad idea to me! FYI, I have 11 thumbs down on my station, which is a very small proportion of cuts played. I vote that heuristic be removed! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bchertov That is our current assumption as to why that Mode option disappeared for a short period of time. 

If it happens again, can you please do me a favor and let me know?

I'd be happy to pass that feedback along to our engineers so that they can further investigate in case it turns out to be a bigger issue.

I appreciate all of your help with this! 

kendenny
Opening Act

Same problem here. My Floyd-Parsons station no longer has Deep Cuts option available. This happened once before but corrected itself later. I don't believe I have "thumbs down"ed more than 2 or 3 songs. Happens on both my Android phone and my Windows 7 PC.

Trying to add a picture of the screen but the "Insert Photo" button doesn't work.

AdamPandora

@kendenny I have passed your feedback along to our engineers for further investigation.

If that option is still missing from Pandora Modes 24 hours after removing the thumbs down ratings on that station, please make sure to reach back out and let me know. 

0 Kudos

kendenny
Opening Act

It's working again. Seems to only be a temporary thing. This is the second time it's happened to me though.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@kendenny Thanks for updating us on this.

I will make sure to pass your additional comments to our engineers as they further investigate this issue.

0 Kudos

bchertov
Opening Act

>>If it happens again, can you please do me a favor and let me know?

it happened again. bother!  😟

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bchertov Thank you for updating us on this - I will make sure to pass your additional feedback over to our engineers.

Thanks for your patience with this as they continue to investigate. 

0 Kudos

bchertov
Opening Act

Deep Cuts is back today. So fickle...

0 Kudos