cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode Option Disappears

Corbin
Underground

I applied the deep cuts mode to a particular station I created and it worked fine for about a day, but now the deep cuts option is no longer available on that station.  How can I get the deep cuts option back?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
86 Replies

Hobie
Local Performer

Same issue here. Worked for a few weeks, now is not there. I'm listening on an iPhone 6s and also an iPad. Both are using current operating  systems.

image.jpg

 I'm listening through the App only. The station is Manfred Mann Earth Band.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Hobie Our engineers are currently looking into this issue - I have passed your feedback along to them for further investigation.

If that option is still missing from Pandora Modes 24 hours after removing the thumbs down ratings on that station, please make sure to reach back out and let me know. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Hobie
Local Performer

I was looking to delete my thumbs but Deep Tracks is back all of a sudden. So I guess everything is fine now. 

kendenny
Opening Act

The problem has returned. I haven't done a single thumbs-down since the last time I had the problem. It's my Floyd-Parsons Stations that has the problem again. Same as last time. All my other stations have all options available but Floyd-Parsons has all options except for Deep Cuts.

0 Kudos

ikeray
Underground

Happened again, same station.  What I noticed is that it happens when I have spotty cell service when it's trying to change tracks.  I think it's weird the mode disappears when that happens, but that is the only thing that these 2 circumstances have in common.  actually, what they really have in common is that I verbally announce to someone how much I'm enjoying the deep cuts option the day before 😀

I've never thumbsdowned anything on that station to my recollection (especially not recently).

AdamPandora

@ikeray Thank you for reporting this.

I have passed your additional feedback along to our engineers so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for your patience as they work to find a fix for this! 

0 Kudos

ikeray
Underground

yep, they've already fixed it, love this service.  Just thought I'd include what was happening on my end when it went out, incase that helps with trouble solving this issue.

Thanks for all the work you do, adam.

Jonafree
Opening Act

Hi LORENEDEN,

I've noticed the presence of the "newly added" button is very dependent upon the station preferences and what Pandora has recently added to their repertoire. My well-customized stations that have lots of thumbs down (Celtic, dubstep, ukelele) don't always have newly added because...well...I suppose Pandora hasn't added anything new lately that fits the station. My broader, crowd pleasing stations (pop, piano) almost always have the "newly added" button. Hope this help, good luck!

0 Kudos

JamesWalz
Local Performer

cannot limit to artist only on my premium account. It does not even give me the option. This is a new problem. I have been able to do this in the past.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@JamesWalz I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

What is the name of the station the Artist Only Mode no longer appears on?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

k_lyn_b
Local Performer

All of my modes disappeared on every station, even some I've never thumbed up or down on. I thought it was a pandora issue so uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. I run the app off of my Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro.  I have 95 stations and not a single one has it's modes anymore.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@k_lyn_b Our support team unable to reproduce this issue when launching your account on web, so it sounds like this issue may be specific to your device.

They are seeing this when selecting Bread Radio from your collection:

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 7.32.03 AM.png

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of when you see when selecting Bread Radio on your Android device?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

electricsoul99
Underground

My stations' Modes disaapears after this new update. It's very annoying. I use Crowd Faves, Deep Cuts, and Artist Only alot. I need this fixed now.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@electricsoul99 The next time the option is missing from your station, would it be possible to send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos

electricsoul99
Underground

What do you mean next time? It's still happening, all of my Station Modes have disappeared! Screenshots:

You people need to fix this, because Artist Only and Crowd Faves are the best part of Pandora. And Pandora isn't worth paying for without it.

Updating Media
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@electricsoul99 It doesn't look like your screenshot successfully uploaded to your post - can you please try uploading that once more so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing?

Our support team has been unable to reproduce this on their end when looking at your account.

For example, here is what they are seeing when launching your Cardi B Radio station:

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.54.54 AM.png

Thanks for continuing to work with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

k_lyn_b
Local Performer

Screenshot_20200825-202438.png

 Hey Adam, sorry for the delay in getting back. Here is the screenshot from my app. I have a Samsung j7 sky pro phone, if that helps.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for sending that over, @k_lyn_b

I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they help restore those Modes back to that station: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If this doesn't help, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung j7 sky pro
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? Do the Modes never appear on that particular station, or do they sometimes show, however disappear randomly?

0 Kudos

df2
Underground

The modes that enable me to fine tune my stations do not appear on my mobile app. The only appear when accessing Pandora online.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@df2 I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they help restore those Modes back to that station: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If this doesn't help, can you please send me a screenshot of  what you are seeing when the Modes options are missing on one of your stations?

I'd also like to report your issue to our engineering team if it comes down to this.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? Do the Modes never appear on any of your stations, or do they sometimes show, however disappear randomly?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos