cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode Option Disappears

Corbin
Underground

I applied the deep cuts mode to a particular station I created and it worked fine for about a day, but now the deep cuts option is no longer available on that station.  How can I get the deep cuts option back?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
86 Replies

df2
Underground

Adam,

Thanks for responding. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy 8.

Carrier: Verizon

Android Version: 9

Build number: PPR1.180610.011.G950USQU7DTF4

Security Patch: June 1 2020

Pandora Version 1905.2

I connect over cellular

The modes never appear and never have.Screenshot_20200917-192110_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @df2, thanks for following up with that info. 

Can you check to see if an update is available for your Samsung. I see that you're on 2005.2 and the latest version of Pandora is 2009.1. If you need help with this, let me know. 

I checked the station on the web and I see that Modes is showing up for me. Are you able to log in via a computer and verify if you see this as well? This will help determine if it's a device related issue. 

I've also reached out to some engineers for help with this. When I hear back I'll post  a follow up. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

df2
Underground

Hi Tanner,

Under Settings, the system updates are all up to date. The last update was 7/31/20.

Modes have always appeared on the web. The problem is with the app on my phone only.

Dwight

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @df2,

Your system updates can be separate from the Pandora app update. Let's verify, that you're on the latest version of Pandora. 

To do this:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

df2
Underground

Yes. That was the problem. I neglected to update the app.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

AdamPandora

@df2 Glad to hear things are back up and running again after updating the app.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

EmperorJJ1
Diamond in the Rough

I'm glad I know but it sorta **ahem** that this constraint exists... I have a station I've been listening to on artist mode for a little while and did a fair amount of thumbs down today. Sadly one of the artists i have for the station seed has 2 separate artists combined which I've already reported. Its not the worst thing ever to have to remove some thumbs down to get it back and be a little more careful in the future but still.

I do appreciate the info however adam

LordFrieza
Local Performer

Discovery keeps disappearing on my 90's Alternative channel.

https://www.pandora.com/station/play/4598002149671186502

I've tried removing thumbs down songs (I had applied the thumbs down mainly because they were not from the 90's) and discovery showed back up again for a short period, but then disappeared again. Not sure what's going on, can anyone assist?

Discovery goneDiscovery gone

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LordFrieza Thank you for reporting this.

I added your info to the ticket we have open with our engineers.

Thanks for your patience as they continue to look into this. 

0 Kudos

LordFrieza
Local Performer

Much appreciated! On another note, is there any way that the "Discovery" function can play more songs that I haven't heard previously? I've noticed that many of my previous thumbs up songs keep playing even while in the "Discovery" mode. I'm using the "Discovery" mode in order to listen to songs that I have not heard before, but its frustrating to have to continually skipping songs I've heard before while in that mode.

0 Kudos

Jhf122
Underground

I have just encountered this issue tonight as well. However, it was only on my Brenn Hill station. The only options I have available for that station are My Station and Crowd Faves. These options were available as recently as yesterday. 

I am on an IPhone 8, and using the pandora app. 

Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Jhf122. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Let's try out the following steps to see if it helps with your modes. First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again. 

Then, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

Let me know how it goes.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Jhf122
Underground

Thank you for the quick reply and help! The options are fixed now! 

AdamPandora

Happy to hear that, @Jhf122!

Thanks for being a part of the Community. 😁 

0 Kudos

tgeliot
Underground

On the web page, I've been using the Discovery button a bunch, and it seems to have some (but limited) effect.  I've noticed that sometimes it isn't there; in fact that's the case right now.  I'm fairly sure I've also seen the Deep Cuts button be missing sometimes, too.  What's up with this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tgeliot I moved your post over to this existing thread: Mode Option Disappears

To clarify, what is the name of the station you are listening to when the Discovery and Deep Cuts options go missing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

tgeliot
Underground

I'm listening to Worldbeat Radio.  This started out as a station provided by Pandora, but I've been thumbing it up and down, so I presume I have my own definition of it now.

I'm baffled as to why your engineers thought that

• disabling the Discovery or Deep Cuts button was the right thing to do.  What do they think they're accomplishing?
  • putting in this limitation without documenting it was the right thing to do.  Is there nobody doing QC on these interfaces?
  • making the button vanish was the right thing to do.   If there is in fact a good reason to disable this functionality, the button should be disabled, greyed out, and hovering over it should result in a popup box that explains why this it's disabled, and what the user needs to do to get is back.

And, yes, I'm in a position to be judgmental here.  I've been a software engineer for 40 years, and I know better than to pull surprises like this.  Your engineers should, too.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tgeliot Thank you for sharing your feedback around this.

After taking a look at your account, it does look like both Discovery and Deep Cuts Mode have returned to your Worldbeat Radio station:

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 4.40.41 AM.png

To clarify, certain Modes will disappear for 24 hours if an excessive amount of thumbs down ratings are given in that particular Mode.

If they end up disappearing again, I recommend you edit your station to remove some of those thumbs down ratings, and wait 24 hours.

They should then re-appear on your station 24 hours after removing some of the thumbs down ratings you've given on that station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

JoeAvena
Local Performer

This is the most stupid reason I have ever read.

0 Kudos

mkcooke00
Local Performer

I recently updated my pandora and my station started playing a lot of tracks that I didn't like. I think I switched modes by accident and then downvoted a lot of songs to try and get back to the classics in my playlist, but the modes just started disappearing one by one. I just want to listen mostly to songs that I have upvoted, which I believe is the party-favorites mode, but I was wondering when the modes will come back? I deleted all the downvotes and just want to switch back to my regular mode. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos