cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@Dart1920 Thanks so much for pointing this out.

We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection. We'll look into it ASAP.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

202 Replies

Dayuppy
Local Performer

New songs have been added for the old rock band "Sugarloaf" formed in the 70s incorrectly. The songs appear to be by an artist of the same name from Hungaria under the album "Stereo" from what I can tell.

https://www.pandora.com/artist/all-songs/sugarloaf/AR4mKr4kdtrZ2mc

Morfozis
Highway To Hell
Neon
I Love Rock & Roll
Barcsak Lennek Ferfi
Hajnalig Meg Van Ido
Ne Higgy Nekem
Barbie
Hunny Bunny
Nikita
Tanc, Megazene
Fever
Vadvirag
Ragga II Vizihulla
Szingli Lany
Minden Hozzad Hajt
Edes Bosszu
Fogd A Ket Kezem!

These songs are obviously not by the same artist.

AdamPandora

@Dayuppy Thanks so much for pointing this out.

We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection. We'll look into it ASAP.

jlo22834
Local Performer

John Williams (the classical guitarist) is paired with the wrong "About the Artist," that of John Williams (the film composer).

Would be great if this could be corrected. Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

HI @jlo22834 We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection. We'll look into it as soon as we can. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎶

Tanner | Community Moderator

AdamPandora

@Dart1920 Thanks so much for pointing this out.

View solution in original post

drew870mitchell
Underground

Hey all, library error to report here - sometime within the last few weeks you've lumped Brooklyn indie-poppy group Slowdance with a screamy-punk band _The_ Slowdance that appears to be from the UK.   I only noticed and investigated when one of my stations started playing this radically different music.  https://www.pandora.com/artist/slowdance/ARfxJmxwzZtr566

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@drew870mitchell Thanks so much for pointing this out.

0 Kudos

Flyinbryan
Local Performer

I saw the same thing tonight on "Fight the good fight" by Triumph. The album cover and artist showing with it was "Ash Wednesday",  but that is incorrect.  I made sure by using Shazam before the song finished.  Definitely Triumph

Thanks,

Bryan

AdamPandora

@Flyinbryan Thanks for letting us know - I went ahead and passed your feedback along to the folks who handle our collection so they can investigate. 

nefastvs
Local Performer

There seems to be two "Coil" acts: one pop, the other industrial.

There also seems to be two "SPK" acts: one hiphop (SPKiller) and the other industrial.

0 Kudos

Russ
Local Performer

Please see "Queen Bee" as well.

Looks like the artist is sharing album space with a different named German comedian group. Screenshot_20191103-122254.png

AdamPandora

@Russ Thanks so much for pointing this out -I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks so much for reporting this, @nefastvs.

I've passed this info along the team who takes care of our collection for further review!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Jonathanscott19
Local Performer

Sublime-temper(Dancehall music) is a different genre and artist then Sublime (The surf rock band). This causes my sublime station to seed all sorts of wrong musiccan you please seperate them. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @Jonathanscott19 - I've let our curation team know about this. 🎧👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

KingNothing13
Local Performer

Hi - my Ghost Channel, which is meant for the Swedish Metal Band, sometimes known as Ghost BC has been playing songs from another band named Ghost lately, that is very much not in the style of the Swedish band.

https://www.pandora.com/artist/all-songs/ghost/ARfwnVZ9dm4mmpw

Can someone please take a look at this, and fix it?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@KingNothing13 Thanks so much for reporting this library error!

I've passed along your comments to our curation team to review.

Your patience is appreciated while they look into this. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

I have that song on some of my stations - and I, too, have noticed that issue.

0 Kudos

Jessika02
Local Performer

Hello, I am having the same issue except with the artist Bry. The team listed the rapper Bry under the English artists name, is there any way you can fix it? Thank you for your time.