cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
202 Replies

AdamPandora

Thanks, @charlzm!

I have passed your feedback along to our curation team for further review. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

Might want to send this along, too: the band playing is not the same band as referenced in the bio.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 4.31.38 PM.png

The band playing:  https://www.allmusic.com/artist/lucifer-mn0003399877

The band referenced in the bio: https://www.allmusic.com/artist/lucifer-mn0001878341

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

I have sent this information to our curation team as well, @charlzm.

Thanks for your help with these as always!

charlzm
Opening Act

Here's another one for the curation brains:

This song is a newly-released hard rock tune but the profile links to what appears to be a vocals group from 60 years ago.  Not the same "The Innocents".

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 10.48.59 AM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks, @charlzm!

I'll make sure to pass your feedback along to our curation team.  

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

Hey there!  This is some kind of metal/djent band that is mislabeled as hip-hop. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 4.00.56 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @charlzm.

I've let our curation team know so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theoriginal15 Thanks for calling this out, I've confirmed that this has been resolved here

Benny has been doing great things this year, so glad it's easy to find that Tana Talk 3 masterpiece. 😎Thanks for pointing this out!

Erick | Community Manager

Let's talk music in Community Chat

poedaniel
Local Performer

the artist "Mello" has two different people with different albums/songs but they're merged together. several songs and multiple albums.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @poedaniel. 🤝

I've made sure to pass your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

Curation team must be swamped since this same error happened again today, 77 days later, with the same artist.

0 Kudos

Montug
Local Performer

There's an artist labeled as AOA (Korea) that is actually a Chinese duo, not the famous K-Pop group - The song that's playing under them is Kun Shou Dou. The song pops up on Korean playlists. The album cover is correct, but the genre/language is tagged incorrectly.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @Montug.

I'll make sure to pass your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos

txilar
Local Performer

Hey I found this same conundrum on the Australian band Voyager while adding a recent single--they appear to have at least three counterparts; an English band from the 70s, a 90s band, and a couple of somethings of the 00s that I'm not really certain what they are named. The fourth artist is not Voyager, but someone else entirely whose album title has Voyager in it. It's Sergio Pommerening. Totally different!

It's a popular name, to be sure, but the styles are decidedly different: progressive metal, 70s uh pop? 90s grunge? Jungle/mix, easy elevator music? 

Thanks for all you do!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@txilar I will have someone from our curation team help look into this.

Thank you for reporting! 

jason5
Local Performer

Rotten Apple is two different bands with the albums mixed.

1st Rotten Apples: Real-Tuff (is the album)

2nd Rotten Apples: Feeling Good, Live Acoustic, Modern Classic, Presence (are the albums)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @jason5. 🤝

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team for further review. 

0 Kudos

caldella
Opening Act

Hello! I found an issue with a mislabeled album as well

https://www.pandora.com/artist/celtic-thunder/light-of-other-days/AL2dzXKV5j6hd4Z

This Album is by a traditional-style band called Celtic Thunder that started in the 70's or so. It's being attributed to the modern Celtic Thunder group, which is in no way related. This has been labeled incorrectly on Amazon too, believe it or not, but they are not the same group at all.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for letting us know about this one as well, @caldella. 🤝

I will be passing your report over to our curation team so they can further investigate.

pml357
Local Performer

There are albums listed for the English folk duo "The Rails" which are from an different band also called "The Rails". The English duo released their debut album in 2014. The albums from the other band were released before then. Also there is a single listed from 2018 named "Colllision" which seems to be from a band called "Rails".

0 Kudos