cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
202 Replies

AdamPandora

@Jessika02 Thank you for reporting this - I have escalated your feedback to the folks who handle our collection.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

wesco
Local Performer

Hello!

I have a similar issue, there should only be the song "Spirit" under the artist name Wesco, there is another Wesco track called "World of Optimism" listed on the artist page that is a totally different person.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@wesco Thanks for reporting this! I've gone ahead and escalated this to the right people.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

SmugNeptunia
Local Performer

Its the same situation with the band Movements. Some rapper uses the same name. I can't post the link to the artist, because the app lacks the ability to share an artist.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @SmugNeptunia - I've passed this along to our collections team. 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

theoriginal15
Local Performer

"Tana Talk 3" by Benny the Butcher is listed under another artist named Benny. 

https://www.pandora.com/artist/benny/tana-talk-3-explicit/ALzkkn5mvckrnpJ

Album should be moved to:

https://www.pandora.com/artist/benny-the-butcher/ARp64b99V7VjVZk

AdamPandora

@theoriginal15 Thanks so much for pointing this out.

We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection. We'll look into it ASAP.

BreenX
Diamond in the Rough
So the album Party! and Wonder Garden you, and it seems like the world . . . are listed under the Prog Rock Band Camel. This is in error. Those four far eastern women playing folk music are not Camel. They are not Andrew Latimer, or Colin Bass, or Denis Clement, or Pete Jones. No, they are not. I've heard it said that the band the four women are in is called Traveling Camel . . . I can't say for sure. Google Translate can't make any real sense out of the band name on those two albums covers . . . . But please, PLEASE make this right. For the sake of all that is holy and rock n' . . . .roll-ly . . . sorry about that . . .
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@BreenX I've passed your feedback along to the team who helps with our collection - they will look into this. 

0 Kudos

Flamnpede
Local Performer

In my collection I  have a band called Cataldo from Seattle WA. I keep getting some other funky Cataldo Album " The way life works" and I can tell you for sure that is not the same artist at all. Please disassociate it from the Cataldo catalog containing Eric Andersen from Seattle. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Flamnpede Thanks for reporting this - I'll make sure to pass this feedback over to the proper team so they can investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

KingNothing13
Local Performer

This still has not been resolved.  Is there an estimate of when it will be?  It makes listening to the band really annoying.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@KingNothing13 I completely understand your frustration.

I reported this issue as soon as I received your post on the community. 

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA of when this will be fixed. However, I will report this again from my end ASAP.

Thanks again for your patience! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

markjmsr
Local Performer

This is still an issue where the John Williams composer and John Williams the classical guitarist are showing up together.  I'm trying to listen to John Williams composer as a station and it has played the classical guitarists work many times.  I keep giving those songs a "thumbs down" but it hasn't yet made a difference.  Someone just need to go into all of the albums for each of them and sort them to either John Williams (Composer) or John Williams (guitarist).  Any help Pandora can provide would be appreciated.  Thanks!

AdamPandora

@markjmsr I checked in with the team who takes care of our collection and they are still looking into this.

Thank you for providing your feedback on this as well - we appreciate all your patience. 

0 Kudos

Aardvark333
Local Performer

While listening to Hungarian folk metal band Dalriada, I am also being given results for a Celtic folk band with the same name. 

AlyssaPandora

Thanks so much for reporting this, @Aardvark333

I've gone ahead and passed along this information to our curation team to look into.

Appreciate your patience during this process! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Kittycoonundrum
Local Performer

Screenshot_20200215-163037_Pandora.jpg

 This is not the same Ludo as the band. 

0 Kudos

4mc
Local Performer

So, I know it's complicated, there are 4x David Matthews in the music business, one of course is the one everyone knows, Dave Matthews of the Dave Matthews band.

There is also a British classical music composer David Matthews, born 1947; there is a Dave Matthews sax player who died in 1997; and there is David Matthews, one time arranger for James Brown, arranger, conductor and band leader for Creed Taylor International who did a load of albums, and a couple of his own, including Dune which is on Pandora, and went on to found and run the David Matthews Orchestra and variations there of.

If you look at the Scott Janows Pandora artist profile linked to the album Dune, it's clearly a direct copy from allmusic. However, it's applied to the wrong David Matthews. The profile is that of the Sax player.

Even then, the bio links to Eric Matthews in a couple of places... so it just a mess. How do we get this sorted out? I'm happy to help but this is a mess.

0 Kudos

Rfuller2256
Local Performer

Hey how do I report an incorrect album being attributed to an artist? Obey by Fever is being put onto Fever 333's artist page.

0 Kudos