cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
202 Replies

AdamPandora

@Dart1920 While there isn't a way for you to currently report these library errors on your end through the website or app, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service. 

In the meantime, you can report any issues with artists with similar names getting mixed up on this thread.

I've escalated your current report on this band to the team who helps manage our collection so they can investigate.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

ericbrec
Local Performer

There are two bands named, "Grand National". One is an electro-pop band from the UK. The other is a hip-hop band from the US. The Pandora library has these two bands mixed together, which is really unfortunate because their music are so different.

Can you please separate the two bands, with appropriate designation of albums, songs, descriptions, and photos?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ericbrec I moved your post to this thread as this is the best place to report these types of library errors.

I've escalated your feedback to the team who takes care of our collection so they can look into this further. 

0 Kudos

kagitsune
Local Performer

This album is a different Robyn from the popular Swedish singer represented on the main artist page. Please separate the artist listings.

0 Kudos

julian
Local Performer

Please check also Mylo, a Spanish salsa singer listed under Mylo, scottish Radio porducer. https://www.pandora.com/artist/mylo/ARZVKPvl99KV55K. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @julian - I've let our curation department know about this. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kagitsune thanks for posting - I've moved your message to an existing thread on this topic. 

I've forwarded your post to our curation department for review. Thanks for letting us know. 

0 Kudos

bvila
Local Performer

I found another case where this is true.  There are two bands with the name "Asia."  One is the classic rock band from the 80s.  The other is an R&B group.  So I'm rocking out to classic rock, and all of a sudden this other Asia group keeps popping up. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bvila Thank you for reporting this - I will pass your feedback along to our curation team so they can investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

Dholmes
Local Performer

HI @AdamPandora sorry I had to write this under someone’s comment. Could find where to add to the conversation organically.

My Artist name is YKD and I’m a Christian Rapper. There is another rapper by the name of YKD (Song called Mamba with snake artwork) who has a different message from mine and is causing a lot of confusion among my fans. I’ve worked hard to build the little bit of fans that I had and now they have dropped to about 16 listeners. Please address this...and create his own profile! You can call me YKD (Christian Rapper) I’m completely fine with that! Thank you!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @Dholmes - you added to the conversation perfectly! 👍🏻

We appreciate you letting us know the error, I've reported this to our collections department. The will investigate further. 

Thank for being part of our community! 🎧

0 Kudos

Ellieimpala
Local Performer

Heyo! 
I actually noticed a little mix up myself! Edm artist REZZ has a rap song on her profile that isn’t hers. It’s the song named iffy, which is made by someone also named REZZ. 
hopefully you can fix this as well! 💟 

much love & PLUR 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @Ellieimpala👍🏻I've gone ahead and reported this. 

Thanks for posting! 🎧

0 Kudos

ktorster
Diamond in the Rough

A similar issue with synthwave band The Midnight. They are listed as The Midnight and The Midnight (syhtnwave).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ktorster Thanks for bringing this to our attention - I have passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can review. 

piwatake
Local Performer

The artist Dance With the Dead, all of the music you have attributed to them, are from a different band named Dance With The Dead. 

They are currently attributed to a UK band with members Tim Bagshaw, Mark Greening, and Lee Dorrian, when all the songs are from a US band with members Tony Kim and Justin Pointer.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@piwatake Thank you for your feedback on this.

I will make sure to escalate your report to the team who manages our collection so they can take a closer look.

0 Kudos

mcmannanan
Local Performer

I've become a fan of the German pop band KLEE, but the discography is including a rapper K. LEE and I'm NOT a fan of most rap.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the heads up @mcmannanan, I've let our curation team know about this. 👍🏻

0 Kudos

LoopFiction
Local Performer

I'm having this issue as well. The artist profile Samil should only have the album In Life... in its discography the other songs belong to another. 

0 Kudos