cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
202 Replies

hotassfame
Local Performer

Rampage of Flip Mode Squad fame has an album on his artist page from an altogether different Rampage. The artist photo is also incorrect.

Rampage artist page:

https://www.pandora.com/artist/rampage/ARXd2KrKK5lr4Jk

Incorrect album:

https://www.pandora.com/artist/rampage/the-takeover-explicit/ALpgzXplwt93wc4

I was irrationally excited for a new Rampage album, only to find a pretty terrible imposter in his place. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@wellaimed I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback.

I will escalate this over to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for reporting!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@hotassfame Thank you for letting us know about this - I will pass your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

I have Platypus seeded on my Dream Theater station. The description of Platypus as a "Supergroup," is correct. However, all the albums listed say Platypus, but none of them are actually the Supergroup band Platypus. The albums listed are from some other band that I have no interest in. Also, the Supergroup "OSI" has albums that might say OSI, but some are from a rapper from some foreign country. I would like it if OSI could have its music sorted by artist, rather than using OSI to cover 2 artists.

The Supergroup Platypus made the albums "When Pus Comes to Shove," and "Ice Cycles." Neither of these are listed.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MusicIsForever I have escalated your feedback to our curation team for further review.

Thanks for reporting this! 

charlzm
Opening Act

This is filed under the profile for Handsome (a post-hardcore band from the 1990s that released one album before breaking up).  This is not the same Handsome.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.31.53 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@charlzm Thank you for reporting this.

Our curation team will be looking into this to further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

TKL
Local Performer

R5 - a pop/rock group that has disbanded with albums like Louder, Sometime Last Night, Etc

Their artist listing includes now includes albums from a rapper - also R5 - with explicit content. The app is a little confused as to my music preferences now. Please fix! Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TKL Your feedback has been escalated to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting! 

0 Kudos

sizer99
Local Performer

There's a Scandinavian prog metal band named Conception, and a goa trance band named Conception.  I actually like them both so I don't want to thumbs down the trance band, but it's not good when goa trance shows up in my prog metal station or vice versa.

The prog/power metal band has the albums 'The Last Sunset', 'Parallel Minds', 'In Your Multitude', 'Flow', 're: conception', 'My Dark Symphony' and 'State of Deception'.

The trance band has 'Imagine the Reality', and maybe more, - hard to find info on them.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @sizer99. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this thread: Music listed under artist with similar name

In the meantime, I've passed this information along to our curation team for further review. Thanks so much for letting us know about this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

jenniphe6
Local Performer

There are multiple artists that share the same name and their discography is linked together. This makes it difficult to cultivate a station when it suddenly plays the incorrect artist.

Example: RINI an rnb singer is also linked to Rini a violinist.

The band Joseph is also linked to an DJ named Joseph that makes techno/edm music.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jenniphe6 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar report.

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can look into this further.

Thanks for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

Vaughan
Local Performer

So recently I decided to download Pandora to listen to mmmusic, but a problem has risen. The artist and genre I listen to is very very small and when I search up "Pogo" (the name of the artist) it seems that his artist page has been "merged" with another artists. Next to Pogos albums, there is an album (I assume Mexican or Spanish?) That is also displayed that is definitely not what I am looking for. This same issue happened for him on Spotify so I don't know what the deal is.

Here is the link: https://pandora.app.link/XcZm4UcQB7

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Vaughan I merged your post with this thread since you are providing similar feedback.

I have reported this to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

Thanks for the help with this! 

0 Kudos

Cementshoes77
Local Performer

The Stitches (punk) has two rap albums by a different artist

0 Kudos

ezajdel
Local Performer

The R&B artist Brandy has been associated with a manele artist with the same name.

Please correct this library error.

The artist Brandy: https://www.pandora.com/artist/brandy/ARcgzkhPPxfhJnm

The album Bry Manele: https://www.pandora.com/artist/brandy/bry-manele/ALkh23PxzJ36xhk

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Cementshoes77 Thank you for reporting this. 🤝

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can take a look.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ezajdel I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team for further review.

Thank you for reporting this! 🤝

0 Kudos

kimcharacter
Local Performer

I’ve never posted here before, so I’m not sure if replying to the OP is the correct way to do this? Apologies if not!

There appears to be two bands with the name “Blah Blah Blah.” One is really good! And the other is... not my taste. All of their albums are meshed together under the same artist page.

One band has only two of their albums listed: Charm and Thank You Thank You (missing This is for the Time).

The rest of the albums are all the other band.

0 Kudos