cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
202 Replies

AdamPandora

@kimcharacter The Community is the perfect place to post any questions or feedback you have. 

I have escalated this over to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks so much for reporting this, and hope we continue to see you around the Community. 😎

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

hihihihi
Local Performer

Quintessence has this issue as well. "Quintessence was a rock band formed in April 1969 in Notting Hill, London, England."

This "station" has two different bands with the same name that also play on here. 
1.Quintessence is a 5-piece acapella group based in Oxfordshire. 

2.Quintessence is a Finnish jazz-band, whose first record, White Light (EP) was released in 2001. 

While I enjoy many different types of music getting strange acapella music while working when I am expecting shredding psychadelic rock is a little frustrating. No amount of thumbs down's has helped.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@hihihihi Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated this over to our curation team for further review.

Hope we continue to see you around the community some more! 😎

0 Kudos

tradesmanhelix
Local Performer

Hi Pandora team!

Running into an issue with artist "nina" - Pandora has incorrectly combined two artists:

1. Nina: Mexican Latin rock band Niña was formed in 1996 by four young musicians mostly influenced by heavy and rap-metal.
  2. Nina: NINA (aka. Nina Boldt) is a German singer-songwriter. Her music is a fusion of Pop, New Wave, and Electronic music, often nostalgic in spirit.

I'm trying to create a station of the second NINA, whose albums include "Synthian" (2020) and "Sleepwalking" (2018), among others, but I'm getting the first Nina when creating the station.

Thanks for your help with this! ☮️

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tradesmanhelix I checked in with our curation team, and they will be reviewing your feedback and the reported artist.

Thanks for letting us know about this. 🤝

Cementshoes77
Local Performer

The stitches (punk) has two albums "hell on the home front" and "deep wounds" by a different band also going by the stitches

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Cementshoes77. 👋

Thanks so much for pointing this out. I've shared your feedback with our curation team. 

Appreciate your patience while they look into this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Nightmarezreal
Local Performer

For ‘Kes The Band,’ its mixed up. 

there’s the rock band, Kes The Band who’s biography states was around in 1968 making rock music that has albums from a Caribbean soca group in their list.

The albums listed actually use island beats not rock and is by an artist named Kes, who’s band was formed in 2005. 

just thought you should know the two are vastly different

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Nightmarezreal I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting similar feedback.

I have escalated this to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

TheBoomChow
Local Performer

The band, "Wobbler", seem to be categorized under another artist, "The Wobbler". 

As you can see from the band's discography, there are three albums that are not theirs.  Please reference the band's site and wiki entries ...
https://www.wobblerofficial.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wobbler_(band)

It does not appear that the band uses "The " before their name.  This band and artist should be separated, otherwise, the prog rockers get an unexpected dose of EDM in their collections.  🙂

Fortunately I like both but when I am in the mood for one I seldom want the other.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TheBoomChow I moved your post over to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Music listed under artist with similar name

I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team so they can take a closer look at this.

Thanks for the help, and hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😁

varmintjane
Local Performer

It seems like a lot of Marc Anthony songs and albums are being attributed to Marco Antonio Muñíz (an entirely different artist). 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@varmintjane Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have escalated your report over to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

Hamish2911
Local Performer

A similar thing for Frankie Miller. His bio is for someone completely different, for example it sates he was born in Texas 1931, when he was actually born in Glasgow Scotland in 1949. I am his contemporary andsaw him perform there many times.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @Hamish2911! I've let the appropriate department know. 

All of the biographical and lyrical info on Pandora comes from partner services. Our partners at LyricFind provide us with lyrics, and our partners at TiVo take care of our biographies and album descriptions. Sometimes there's a little error in how we match our collection to theirs, and this can cause the issues you're seeing.

Thanks for posting!

Tanner | Community Moderator

drew870mitchell
Underground

Hey, just bumping that these separate artists' songs are still commingled.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@drew870mitchell Thanks for letting me know - I will reach out to our curation team to see if this has been reviewed yet.

Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos

zeb
Opening Act

When viewing the artist page for Blossom, it appears that multiple artists with that name are shown, so all of their albums are listed together.

https://www.pandora.com/artist/blossom/ARJnxk6k5fwvp56

I'm specifically looking at the album "Maybe". I'm confident the artist Blossom who released "Maybe" did not release 23 albums total.

0 Kudos

adejong
Local Performer

Adding one more: The famous composer John Towner Williams is being listed as the artist for the music by the guitarist John Christopher Williams. In example, the album Spanish Guitar Music https://www.pandora.com/artist/john-williams/spanish-guitar-music/ALfV4gln4kzdhkP lists the artist as John Williams, and the link points to https://www.pandora.com/artist/john-williams/ARqdZxxqlPlVgmV, the composer. Indeed, Composer John Towner Williams' list of all albums, https://www.pandora.com/artist/all-albums/john-williams/ARqdZxxqlPlVgmV, contains several that are clearly by the guitarist, and even two albums, Mississippi and Si Toi Aussi Tu Mabandonnes https://www.pandora.com/artist/john-williams/si-toi-aussi-tu-mabandonnes/AL7V7bZjwtV4fPK, performed by an entirely different man, John William.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@adejong Thanks for reporting this!

I'll let our curation team know so they can further investigate.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community. :pandora:

0 Kudos