cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
202 Replies

AdamPandora

@zeb I am going to pass your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

Thanks for reporting this! 😁

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

jenmillermusic
Local Performer

I have a similar problem. One of my songs is listed here under a duplicate artist page for "Jen Miller": https://www.pandora.com/artist/jen-miller/ARqk3mrg5t33Vd2

But it should be affiliated with this artist page: https://www.pandora.com/artist/jen-miller/ARPhc66nz3zzqp6

Can you help fix? 

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @jenmillermusic. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this.

I've escalated this issue to our Curation team to investigate / fix on your behalf. 

If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

tradesmanhelix
Local Performer

Hello - thank you for your help with this. I just checked again today and the two artists are still being incorrectly combined under this profile:

https://www.pandora.com/artist/nina/AR7vPhzhrhrXj39

Do you have an ETA on when this will be fixed? I would really like to be able to create a station for one of these artists without having the entirely unrelated genre of the other artist also getting added to the station.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @tradesmanhelix. 👋

I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA of when this will be fixed. 

Rest assured, this has been reported to our Curation team. Thanks so much for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

charlzm
Opening Act

There must be more than one band called Brutus, because this song and the album it is from are NOT by the band shown.

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 12.16.21 PM.png

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

The song that is playing is a metal band of some kind but the artist shown bio is for a rapper?

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 4.29.13 PM.png

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

I was suggested this new-punk song by Pandora:
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 4.31.57 PM.png

And Pandora suggested these "similar artists":

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 4.32.05 PM.png

 The "similar artists" are rappers/hip hop artists; a totally unrelated genre.  This makes me think you have JULIUS' genre mis-labeled.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@charlzm I merged each of your posts to this thread: Music listed under artist with similar name

I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team so they can further investigate each of those artists.

Thank you for reporting! 

0 Kudos

SilentProwler
Underground

The artist Faun seems to include THREE different Fauns. There is the FAUN involved with the albums Pandoras Bento, Pandoras BenTwo, C-19, & Vor die Krise. (Well, I think those 4 albums belong to the same FAUN...). Then theres the Faun involved with Pjolter, Spåmannskunst, & Noen Av De Beste. And finally the faun involved with the other albums, the "German pagan folk band" mentioned in the artist summary and thus the "correct" faun. Granted, they all have the same name and don't originate from the USA (two are German, and the other maybe Norwegian?) so its understandable for the mishap, but still it would be preferable to not have the three fauns lumped together.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SilentProwler Thanks for reporting this!

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team fur further review.

0 Kudos

Derka7xxx
Local Performer

Hi I would like to report a library error. There is a band called Spiritbox, in the metal genre, and there have been a few songs that was listed by an artist with the exact name as that, but is a completely different band entirely and different genre of music also. And recently there have been EVEN MORE. if their songs added to the Spiritbox library and it is rather annoying lol could you please fix this!! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Derka7xxx I have passed along your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting this!

0 Kudos

cberrymusic
Local Performer
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cberrymusic I moved your post over to this existing thread: Music listed under artist with similar name

Your feedback has been passed along to our curation team for further review.

Thanks for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
Diamond in the Rough

Lightforce

Features 3 singles by one artist and 2 albums by another artist (lightforce was the name of a band that eventually renamed to be mortification. both 2019 releases were recorded in the late 80s before mortification's first studio album in 1991)

0 Kudos

cberrymusic
Local Performer

Thank you, Adam. Hoping to get this resolved soon!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Always happy to help! 😁

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this one, @EmperorJJ1.

We appreciate your help, as always!

extramedium
Local Performer

There's an album called Dj Red Alert's Propmaster Dancehall Show.  The Album is incorrectly attributed to a Britsh Punk artist called 'Red Alert'.  It should be attributed to a New York based Dancehall disc-jockey named 'Red Alert' (or 'Kool DJ Red Alert': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool_DJ_Red_Alert).

There are also 2 tracks on the album that should similarly have their artist changed from Red Alert (British Punk) to Red Alert (NY Dancehall): Papa Props & Let’s Chill.

Can this Album and Track info be updated?

Thanks for your help.

-scott
0 Kudos