cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
202 Replies

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @extramedium!

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora: 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

This explicit R&B track full of racial epithets popped up in my channel.  The artist is mistakenly identified as TOSKA, which is an instrumental post-rock band.Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 12.10.51 PM.png

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

I like this artist that Pandora is playing for me now, but this is definitely NOT hip-hop or rap.

The artist is Seven:
https://www.7project.net/

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.01.55 AM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@charlzm I have passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@charlzm Thanks for your additional report - I will make sure to send this information to our curation team as well. 

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

Thanks.  Despite giving a thumbs down to the first one, another track from this artist popped up in my station today.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.32.35 AM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks, @charlzm!

I have updated our curation team with your additional feedback. 

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

Pandora is playing a band right now called Five Star Fiasco.  The artist profile is for an R&B band called Five Star.  Not the same artist.
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 2.39.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-09 at 2.39.25 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks, @charlzm!

Our curation team has been informed of this for further review. 

0 Kudos

fianna
Local Performer

There are a bunch of songs listed under the artist MARINA (Marina Diamandis) that I believe belong to Spanish singer Marina Jade. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @fianna!

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.  

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
Diamond in the Rough

This track plays last christmas and has the lyrics of last christmas but is titles the edge of heaven instead

131904098_138371417882513_6347517000952794869_n.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@EmperorJJ1 I have passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for reporting this!

EmperorJJ1
Diamond in the Rough
2:54
This track plays the audio for let it snow by ella fitzgerald. When going to the album and playing the track titled let it snow it plays white christmas again by ella fitzgerald. The whole album may need to be reviewed I'm not really sure what's going on with both artist and titles
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@EmperorJJ1 I have passed your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

Thanks again for reporting this!

altasilvapuer
Local Performer

There are numerous errors with the albums listed under Kamelot.  Almost all of them have the wrong years, and there are at least two albums that to my knowledge bear absolutely no connection to the band.

https://www.pandora.com/artist/all-albums/kamelot/ARznJ6VPXt7Z7h2

Below are the correct album years.  Ones that the catalog has incorrect are in red.
1995 Eternity
1997 Dominion [I don't see this album listed at all, though I can't remember if Pandora ever had it.]
1998 Siége Perilous
1999 The Fourth Legacy
2000 The Expedition
2001 Karma
2003 Epica
2005 The Black Halo
2006 One Cold Winter's Night
2007 Ghost Opera [Catalog lists no year at all]
2010 Poetry for the Poisoned
2012 Silverthorn [Catalog lists no year at all]
2015 Haven
2016 Where I Reign - The Very Best of the Noise Years 1995-2003
2018 The Shadow Theory
2020 I Am the Empire - Live from the 013

Also, there are two albums that to my knowledge bear no connection to the metal group Kamelot and seem to be misfiled:
Tajný Výpravy
Pamet slonu

They both appear to reference an entirely different Kamelot that's actually a Czech folk music group: https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamelot_(folkov%C3%A1_hudebn%C3%AD_skupina)

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @altasilvapuer.

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team for further review.

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

This is a different artist named Redemption.  They are a hard rock/metal band, not the progressive metal band shown in the accompanying screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.40.13 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @charlzm!

Your feedback has been escalated to our curation team. 

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

The following artist "Brutus" is a different artist (with the same name) from the "Brutus" artist profile displayed the song.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.10.21 AM.png

0 Kudos