cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under the wrong artist

zeonicore
Local Performer

The albums "Discoteca 80," "100 Romantic Hits," and "Romantic Hits, vol2" are showing up as albums by the artist "The Music Machine", but they're by a totally different artist. Is it possible to get this fixed? If not, can I get them removed from my station?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
85 Replies

SweetsTracks
Local Performer

Greetings:

The piece of work "The Beginning" by Double Trouble has mistakenly been associated with Stevie Ray Vaughn's Double Trouble, and ended up in my station.  Very much not Blues, Rock, Country or Metal !

"The Beginning" is decidedly NSFW, very foul, violent.  Seems like some human intervention might be required to get that duo's efforts properly categorized. 

Kind regards,

TS

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @SweetsTracks. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I've gone ahead and shared this information with our curation team to review. Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

dover
Underground

https://www.pandora.com/artist/james-brown/i-remember-james-brown/this-is-a-mans-world/TRfJtlPzcvkr6...

Any time I tell Pandora to play "This is a man's world by James Brown" this chick's awful version comes up. Incorrectly lists "James Brown" as the performer. The second performer listed "Marlena Lady Black Lace" is the ONLY performer. TRULY disappointing when you're trying to hear the king of soul and you get this lady.

Song Credits

Performer: James Brown

Performer: Marlena Lady Black Lace

Producer: HERSCHEL DWELLINGHAM SR.
Composer: JAMES BROWN
Arranger: HERSCHEL DWELLINGHAM SR.
Soloist: WARREN CARR

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @dover. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I've passed along the info you've provided over to our curation team.

Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up! 🎶

0 Kudos

HRW01602
Local Performer

I just ran into the same thing. A new song/album is listed as be the band "James," but it's not theirs.

It's unfortunate there's no way to report this in the app. I had to Google to find threads like this, which I guess works, but seems backwards.

Screenshot_20200701-132058.png

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @HRW01602. I've let our curation department know about the error. They will look into it as soon as they can. 

Thanks for listening! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

QweenKris
Local Performer

The albums 2300 Jackson Street, The Jacksons Live, and Destiny are listed under The Jackson 5 when they should be listed under The Jacksons. I just noticed that error tonight when I was looking for the Destiny album

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@QweenKris Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team for further review.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

WaterMelin
Local Performer

Till the World Ends by Britney Spears came on my radio the other day but it definitely not Britney singing. It sounds like a weird Kidz Bop version or a cover by a very young sounding girl. Why isn't there a way to report an error on the site?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@WaterMelin Thank you for informing us about this.

I have escalated your report over to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

AJM
Opening Act

is listed under the artist huey howver the Disney character "huey" is totally not the same huey.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@AJM I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for reporting this!

Katherine0chen
Local Performer

The catalog for MAYDAY, a taiwanese alternative band, is incorrect. Can this be corrected?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Katherine0chen Thanks for reporting this - I have passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎 

0 Kudos

AJM
Opening Act

In the album below track 2 should be What would you do? however its listed as three way and plays the song thee way. Track 10 should be three way and instead is listed as what would you do? and plays the song three way. Can this be reviewed?

City HighAlbum by City High14 songs - 2007

AlyssaPandora

Definitely! @AJM. Thanks so much for posting about this.

I've reported this over to our Curation team for further review. 🎧

Leti
Local Performer

The album "Heroes de Los 80.Lola" (https://www.pandora.com/artist/sade/heroes-de-los-80-lola/AL7XrK9mzXm7lkP) belongs to a different Sade (Industrial band). It is listed under Jazz Artist, Sade (Sade Adu).

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Leti! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Music listed under the wrong artist

I've reported this to our curation department. They'll take a look as soon as they can. 

Thanks for letting us know!

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

benakr
Local Performer

Iron Butterfly's "Freeway Jam" on the album "Live in Copenhagen" is incorrectly attributed to the band Yes.  The correct artwork shows up though.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @benakr!

I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team for further review.

0 Kudos