cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non holiday music playing on holiday station

AJM
Opening Act

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a dilemma with holiday stations. Brief background I'm transitioning from Google Play Music to Pandora premium. I have a GP playlist of 20 or so Holiday songs with 10 or so "must haves". Since its a small collection I'd rather use Pandora's station function to vastly expand the music selection. Easy enough right? Make a station with the variety those 10 or so songs. Done. I listened to it for a few hours and it kept playing non-holiday music. I figured the issue was creating the station with specific songs so I removed a majority of them replacing with Artist (Holiday) instead. This seemed to help but still it plays non-holiday tracks. I tried utilizing the Pandora holiday station instead and that works but there's no way to customize the variety. Any suggestions? I totally understand that any station is going to get better over time so listening hours is key but Id rather not have to listen to Christmas music sporadically for the next few months to only find out that its still going to play non-holiday music. (in fact id prefer to not have to listen to it at all until December but c'est la vie)

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jamesp42 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Non holiday music playing on holiday station

Unlike holiday genre stations, holiday stations based on artists or tracks (such as White Christmas - Bing Crosby (Holiday)) may feature non-holiday music from the seed artist and others.

If you prefer to keep these stations playing only holiday music, just continue to thumb down any non-holiday tracks.

If you'd prefer to hear a station that solely plays holiday music, I recommend checking out our curated holiday genre stations.

This blog post may be helpful in guiding you towards some of our top holiday genre stations: Pandora’s Guide to Holiday Music

Hope this helps! 🎄

0 Kudos

Jamesp42
Local Performer

Thanks for the reply, Adam. Unfortunately, no, this wasn't helpful. I don't think you fully read my post. I've had this station for years and years and years. The change was immediate and severe. It stopped playing any of the normal music and only played non-christmas music. I was consecutively thumbing down 10 to 20 songs at a time before giving up, only to come back later and find it still doing the same thing.

Fortunately, since that time, it reverted back to its normal play. There was obviously a glitch in your system that was since repaired.

mgworek
Underground

This is horrible. I have the same problem. I've had White Christmas Radio station created for years. Now all of a sudden it is playing non christmas music. 

This is a Pandora problem. It never did this until this year. Nothing as changed on my end.

Telling me to thumb down anything I don't want is not helpful AT ALL!!!!!

Why should I have to fix your problem plus i goes and plays other songs of the album i already voted down a song.

Plus I might be rooms away from the device playing the music.

How about instead of tellings how to listen to holiday music, you fix your problem so we can continue to listen to holiday music the same way we have been for years?

0 Kudos

Picker
Local Performer

I have a premium membership to avoid ads and listen to music playlists I want to hear, not suggested artists. 

I searched for Hawaiian Christmas music and found a playlist I like, except that every other song is by Jonathon Conant - who does not record holiday tunes or Hawaiian songs - and he is the one who created the playlist. 

I would like there to be a way to downvote or report playlists to Pandora that are obviously and intentionally incorrectly labeled. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Picker To begin, it looks like your Pandora account is upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

The next time this happens, can you please write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred:
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station: Jonathon Conant
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played:
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?:
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

11groovyj
Local Performer

Does anyone know why Pandora's Old Fashion Christmas Radio station mixes in non-Christmas music? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@11groovyj I moved your post over to this existing thread: Non holiday music playing on holiday station

Unlike holiday genre stations, holiday stations based on artists or tracks (such as An Old-fashioned Christmas Radio) may feature non-holiday music from the seed artist and others.

If you prefer to keep these stations playing only holiday music, just continue to thumb down any non-holiday tracks.

If you'd prefer to hear a station that solely plays holiday music, I recommend checking out our curated holiday genre stations.

This blog post may be helpful in guiding you towards some of our top holiday genre stations: Pandora’s Guide to Holiday Music

Hope this helps! 🎄

0 Kudos

11groovyj
Local Performer
Thanks for your response, Adam. I have periodically listened to Old Fashoined Christmas Radio throughout the year for a few years, and until earlier this year the station was almost exclusively Christmas music. Now it’s approximately two Christmas songs to one non Christmas song. I am reluctant to thumbs down a song I like just because it’s not a Christmas song for fear the thumbs down rating will prevent it from playing on other stations.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@11groovyj Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb Up and Thumb Down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

Texasowlmom
Local Performer

Been using Pandora since 2008. I created a Christmas station by selecting certain songs, etc. In listening this year I am getting a lot of Barbershop (which I created a separate station for) and a lot of children's music (The Wiggles, Barney, etc). I have NEVER had a children's station, so I don't know where this stuff is coming from. When I first started, you used to be able to select something like "I don't like this" or "Remove from this station". I have tried giving these selections Thumbs Down, but they keep coming back or similar songs show up. I do not seem to be getting the songs I'd really like to hear. Can someone help me figure this out?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Texasowlmom I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first.

• The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station:
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

CLP0625
Local Performer

If I select Christmas radio why are songs from other stations play? And how do I make it stop? If I can't ill use my apple music instead and get rid of pandora! If I want to listen to just Christmas music that's all that should be playing!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CLP0625 I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first.

• The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Texasowlmom
Local Performer
Just happened again. Name of the station I created several years ago is "100 Christmas". I was listening today and then a barbershop song came on. This station is supposed to be only Christmas.

Out of Place artists: The Wiggles

I have been able to Thumbs down tracks I do not want, but it seems they find another track off a similar album and play it.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Texasowlmom I believe you may have been able to resolve this on your end - it looks like the last time a track by The Wiggles played on your 100 Christmas station was on 12/2/22.

If it happens again, can you please give the track a thumbs down, and let me know as soon as it plays on your station?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos