cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non holiday music playing on holiday station

AJM
Opening Act

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a dilemma with holiday stations. Brief background I'm transitioning from Google Play Music to Pandora premium. I have a GP playlist of 20 or so Holiday songs with 10 or so "must haves". Since its a small collection I'd rather use Pandora's station function to vastly expand the music selection. Easy enough right? Make a station with the variety those 10 or so songs. Done. I listened to it for a few hours and it kept playing non-holiday music. I figured the issue was creating the station with specific songs so I removed a majority of them replacing with Artist (Holiday) instead. This seemed to help but still it plays non-holiday tracks. I tried utilizing the Pandora holiday station instead and that works but there's no way to customize the variety. Any suggestions? I totally understand that any station is going to get better over time so listening hours is key but Id rather not have to listen to Christmas music sporadically for the next few months to only find out that its still going to play non-holiday music. (in fact id prefer to not have to listen to it at all until December but c'est la vie)

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AJM Thanks for following up.

This brings up a couple of interesting things here.

Holiday tags missing:

For one, it doesn't look like those tracks you've added have the holiday tags attached to them (when I believe they should).

This is likely the main reason those non-holiday tracks are playing on your station, as I see a number of the tracks you've thumbed down on your station are by Basshunter and Jose Feliciano.

We have a similar thread where you can report those instances: Holiday Tags Missing

I've gone ahead and reported those three specific tracks to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

Non-holiday tracks playing on your station:

At the same time, it is still possible for non-holiday tracks to appear on stations you manually create such as the Christmas Radio 2 station that is currently in your collection.

If you'd prefer to hear a station that solely plays holiday music, I recommend checking out our curated holiday genre stations.

This blog post may be helpful in guiding you towards some of our top holiday genre stations: Pandora’s Guide to Holiday Music

In the meantime, it may also help to remove those three tracks you mentioned from your added variety on that station since they are not correctly marked with the holiday tag.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

34 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AJM Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Unlike holiday genre stations, holiday stations based on artists may feature non-holiday music from the seed artist and others.

If you prefer to keep these stations playing only holiday music, just thumb down any non-holiday tracks.

That said, if you are getting a lot of non-holiday music, or any completely unrelated tracks, please check the seeds you used to create your station once more: you may have inadvertently added some additional non-holiday seeds that have still not been removed yet. 

Let me know the name of your holiday station if you need help doing that; I'd be happy to provide you with some steps.

0 Kudos

AJM
Opening Act

Its named Christmas Radio 2

0 Kudos

AJM
Opening Act
Looking at the seeds the only things that are listed as (holiday) are the songs listed below:

Basshunter

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AJM Thanks for following up.

This brings up a couple of interesting things here.

Holiday tags missing:

For one, it doesn't look like those tracks you've added have the holiday tags attached to them (when I believe they should).

This is likely the main reason those non-holiday tracks are playing on your station, as I see a number of the tracks you've thumbed down on your station are by Basshunter and Jose Feliciano.

We have a similar thread where you can report those instances: Holiday Tags Missing

I've gone ahead and reported those three specific tracks to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

Non-holiday tracks playing on your station:

At the same time, it is still possible for non-holiday tracks to appear on stations you manually create such as the Christmas Radio 2 station that is currently in your collection.

If you'd prefer to hear a station that solely plays holiday music, I recommend checking out our curated holiday genre stations.

This blog post may be helpful in guiding you towards some of our top holiday genre stations: Pandora’s Guide to Holiday Music

In the meantime, it may also help to remove those three tracks you mentioned from your added variety on that station since they are not correctly marked with the holiday tag.

Hope this helps! 

AJM
Opening Act

Awesome thank you so much Adam. One more quick question. Regarding the holiday tag does that have to be on a certain area or would it be ok if it was anywhere in a sense? I took a listen this morning and the station started with the song below (second holiday song that's played by jose feliciano) I looked and the album says (holiday) but the artist doesn't. Both the track below and my initial thumbs up are from the same album. Not sure if my seed is also from the same album but possibly.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AJM I do think something is up with those tracks.

That album in particular should be listed under Jose Feliciano (Holiday) - I have escalated your report over to our curation team for further investigation.

In the meantime, I do recommend removing those three tracks from your added variety to see if that helps minimize the amount of non-holiday tracks that play.

Thanks again for your patience with this!

aprillmiles4
Local Performer

l am so sick and tired of this Pandora! I have currently a Christmas music station that I love, that I just recently started listening to it again for the season, and I was really really enjoying it so much! Then a couple of days ago I started noticing all these songs playing in a row that would all be much better off on one of my oldies stations I have, than on a Christmas music station! Please stop this! Now!  Furthermore,the name of my Christmas station is “Christmas Classics Radio .” And when it isn’t playing a string of completely non-Christmas related songs, it is playing a string of Christmas music that is decidedly far from “classic “! Like I said before, please just fix it! Don’t allow genres to mix anymore! At least not on my stations! One size, in this case, doesn’t fit all! Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aprillmiles4 I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community organized.

Unlike holiday genre stations, holiday stations based on artists or tracks (such as your Christmas Classics Radio station) may feature non-holiday music from the seed artist and others.

If you prefer to keep these stations playing only holiday music, just thumb down any non-holiday tracks.

You might also enjoy our Classical Christmas genre station.

Hope this helps! 🎄

0 Kudos

ssmille13
Local Performer

10/29/20  Classic Christmas Station -is playing a lot of obscure more Advent than Christmas music - what happened and how can I get back to the more Classical Christmas Music?  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ssmille13. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Non holiday music playing on holiday station

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. 

For those out of place Advent songs, could you confirm whether you're giving those a Thumbs Down 👎on your Classical Christmas Station? It looks like you have this genre station added to your account.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

snibborat
Local Performer

Before you respond I am subscribe and paying money. I am tired of Listing to certain types of music and getting something else. I am playing my soulful Christmas music an getting no Christmas music. All my stations seen to do this. I don't want the verity that you are pushing on customers. And yes I do use the thumbs up and down but still getting the wrong music. This doesn't happen on your competitors apps. Please fix ASAP or loose a customer!

This is happening to all my station. And I do give a thumbs down but it still happens. Its too much to try to contact you when it happens. I have different ways to listen, but most happen from an iPad. All day yesterday! You can go to any of my stations to see the issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@snibborat I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first.

The next time this happens, can you please write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred:
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station:
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played:
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?:
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

snibborat
Local Performer

The Temptations (Holiday) Radio

Al Green, Lets Stay Together

Yes Thumbs down

No

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@snibborat Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Non holiday music playing on holiday station

Unlike holiday genre stations, holiday stations based on artists or tracks (such as The Temptations (Holiday) Radio station) may feature non-holiday music from the seed artist and others.

If you prefer to keep these stations playing only holiday music, just continue to thumb down any non-holiday tracks.

Hope this helps! 🎄

0 Kudos

snibborat
Local Performer

WOW, SMH, This is a simple programming issues. This is why I want to make my own playlist and to be force to listen to the one Pandora made up! I am paid up for one year. I will be  canceling my subscription. going back to your competitors! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@snibborat If you are looking to create a customized playlist for your favorite holiday music, you do have the option to do so with your Pandora Premium subscription.

To create a new playlist on a mobile device:

Go to My Collection.

My Collection shows album art for all of your recently played tracks, but also allows you to sort your "Added" content – whether that might be radio stations, albums or songs.

To add a playlist, filter your Added content by tapping the downward arrow (or "carat") which appears below the album art.

Select Playlist from the menu.

Next, tap + New Playlist. Enter a name for your playlist and tap Next. Finally, use the search bar to find your favorite songs or albums to add.

Keep in mind that you can also create new playlists from the Now Playing screen, or by searching for a particular track. Just tap the ellipsis (...) below the album art, and indicate whether you'd like to add the track to a new playlist or an existing one.

Once you've created a playlist, you can harness the power of Pandora to recommend additional music you might want to add.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To create a new playlist on a computer:

First, from your My Collection page, filter your collection by Playlists and select  + Create Playlist.

You can also do this from the Now Playing screen by clicking the ellipsis (three dots) below the album art to reveal a sub-menu. Hover over Add to Playlist and select New Playlist.

Finally, you can create a playlist from most songs or albums by clicking that ellipsis as well.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

snibborat
Local Performer

I do have premium. I want you to play wjat I requst! If you cant help me, please foward this to someone who can! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@snibborat To clarify, you last mentioned you wanted make your own playlist.

In my last post, I provided you with some instructions on how you can actually utilize the Pandora Premium subscription you are signed up for to create those custom playlists from either a computer or mobile device.

Were you running into any trouble getting those playlists set up?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Jamesp42
Local Performer

Greetings. I've been building a Christmas holiday station for many years and really loved the music it played.

Today, all of a sudden, it did a 180 on me and now, instead of playing any of the songs I like, it is playing a ton of non-holiday music from the 30s and 40s. I keep thumbing them down (I've thumbed down SCORES) but it won't stop playing non-holiday songs from Bing Crosby, big bands, depression-era music, etc.

I've lost my favorite station and I don't know how to get it back. When I click in it, it still shows all the music I love, BUT IT WON'T PLAY IT.

• The name of the station where this occurred: White Christmas Radio
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station: Bing Crosby and Gary Crosby, just as one of ENDLESS EXAMPLES
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played: "Sam's Song" (and many, many others)
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?: I've thumbed down probably 40 or 50 tracks
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?: No.
0 Kudos