cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Pykespeak79
Underground

How is it that my stations play everything but the artist that the station is started as?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@Pykespeak79 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app. You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
42 Replies

AdamPandora

@Pykespeak79 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app. You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Music-gye
Local Performer

I have Ed Ames entered as an artist on a station and never heard his songs play.  I set up a station based on Ed Ames as only artist and still have not heard his songs play.  Why is that?

0 Kudos

MOHLovesAlaska
Platinum Certified

@Music-gye  try  rebooting your Pandora app. I myself need to do that as well. It has always worked for me when I have this problem. I hope this is just as easy a fix for  you, as it is for me. Take care and stay safe.   

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Music-gye I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this. 

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Music-gye
Local Performer

Thank you.  I appreciate the prompt attention.  As it turns out, after a while I began to get some Ed Ames songs without having to do anything.  I had expected to have some played immediately, but it took about ten songs before one of Ed's was played.  I'm using a Logitech Squeezebox which may not have all the options to home in on a specific artist.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Music-gye Always happy to help! 😎

0 Kudos

troothteller
Underground

I know you have recordings of a particular female "torch" singer of the 1920's; but after 25 songs, not one of hers played.  Politically I know that we don't agree; but this is going too far.  For now this is the only peculiarity I am mentioning.  Now I am going to switch channels.  Playing now is about the fifth selection that belongs ten years into the swing era.  This is getting worse because now I cannot highlight or remove highlight from the Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down symbols.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@troothteller I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this. 

In regards to not being able to remove your thumb ratings, can you please let me know what device you are using?

Also, what is the name of the station you are unable to remove thumb ratings from?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

RJPOleary
Local Performer

Why are Metallica songs not playing?  Have they left the platform?  This impacts my decision to pay for Pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@RJPOleary I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this. 

You can also find all of their music on our platform here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

cglenn1950
Local Performer

I created a station, and for variety added one additional artist. While Pandora is doing the usual good job of playing similar artists, it's only playing the artist from whom the station was created about every 10th song. I don't want to go to Artist Only; is there a way to simply increase the frequency of the station's namesake.

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cglenn1950 Nice to see you around the Community. 🤝

Adding variety to a station doesn't narrow the song pool that Pandora chooses from, nor does it increase your chances of hearing a particular song or artist.

Rather, it opens up your station to a lot of variety.

Although you did mention you didn't want to use Artist Only Mode, that is currently the only way to get your station to only cycle through tracks by the the artists you've added as variety to your station. 

For complete control of what you hear on Pandora, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation.

I hope this helps. Thanks for listening to Pandora!

0 Kudos

cglenn1950
Local Performer

Thank you. I already am a Premium subscriber.

You misunderstood. Let me try to make this clearer.

If I create a Rolling Stones station and simply leave it in the My Station mode, Pandora is only playing about one song in 10 by the Rolling Stones. Is there some way to increase the number of Rolling Stone plays without going to Artist Only mode?

Thanks again.
Chris Glenn
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cglenn1950 Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

This being said, I do see your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Premium.

With this level of service, you do have the ability to create customized playlists where you can pick and choose what songs you want to hear during your listening session.

If you choose to create your own playlist, you can add as many tracks by the Rolling Stones that you want to hear.

Check out the accepted solution to this this thread for instructions on how you can create a playlist: How to create a new playlist

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

cglenn1950
Local Performer

Thanks again for getting back, Adam. We're on the same page now.

Actually I'm trying to avoid creating playlists because (if I'm understanding the process correctly) that way, I'm doing the programming and it's therefore only people I know. This eliminates one of the things I like best about Pandora -- introducing me to new, similar artists.

I freely admit that I'm totally out of my depth, but I would think that would be a relatively simple adjustment to the programming to increase the play by a selected artist. But admittedly, I'm probably expecting too much after watching us land a rover on Mars yesterday!

Thank you again for your guidance.

0 Kudos

Dcorrine66
Local Performer

I can't hear any songs from the artists station that I have created and I want to know why. Why don't you play a decent selection of my station instead of playing most of other artists??

0 Kudos

ForgeMPH
Opening Act

Are you sure that you aren't in a separate mode like deep cuts or discovery? this may be why...

Tpezz
Local Performer

My Eric Clapton radio no loner plays any Clapton. It plays my other faves but Not One Clapton song.can it be fix d?

MOHLovesAlaska
Platinum Certified

@Tpezz  refresh your page, then check it again. If there is no change then you can re-gain it back from your search, you can re-collect it from his artist page. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos