cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Pykespeak79
Underground

How is it that my stations play everything but the artist that the station is started as?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies

AdamPandora

@Tpezz I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dcorrine66 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app. You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

templin95
Local Performer

Hi - I created a station "Kool & the Gang" but the station no longer plays any K&G songs. Any suggestions? Thanks

Tried emailing support - received a nasty-gram in return about their algorithm. Why would any one subscribe to Pandora and pay - when they don't even play the songs of the artist on a station?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@templin95 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app. You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Here is a screenshot of where the option for Artist Only Mode is located:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 6.12.43 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

SailEmSail
Local Performer

Hi GGirl.  I have same AND similar problem, I pick a root artist or song, happen to like some other song and artist along my listening journey, now I hear THE OTHER ARTIST all the time, not the root artist I selected to begin with.  What up with that?  I thought Pandora was all about variety?  The AI is Ai (small on the "i") 🙄

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SailEmSail I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

napowell77
Local Performer

I have been listening exclusively to John Prine Radio for months now and, since yesterday, I notice that there have been no John Prine songs played. Anybody know why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@napowell77 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

You may also want to try switching your station to Artist Only Mode if you'd like to only hear music by that particular artist during your listening session.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Lussy
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora i adds station INTO1 artist but no one Into1 song playing on their station

0 Kudos

Jessicazz
Local Performer

@AdamPandora can u fix my problem? I adds station INTO1 Radio but no one INTO1 Song was played like other radio station, why? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Lussy I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jessicazz I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

DanTX
Casual Fan

I use to listen to the Five finger death punch channel when i was doing active stuff and a couple months ago they stopped playing FFDP on their own channel.  Whats is up with that?  Now if I want to listen to them I have to select an album and listen to adds even though a pay for add free.  I dont mind listening to the group of artists as a whole but it would be nice if they actually included the target artist every few songs.  Why the sudden change?

UncleBud
Diamond in the Rough

@DanTX That would be frustrating. I'm a Premium subscriber and I've never had to listen to an add to be able to listen to an album. Hopefully one of the moderators can be able to help you. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@DanTX I moved your post over to this existing thread: Not hearing the artist my station was created for

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around not hearing the artist your station was created with. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Prompted to watch ads when listening to full length albums:

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos