cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only listen to 1 artists' songs

randyjohnstonus
Local Performer

is there a way to select an artist and just hear his songs?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 10/01/19: Pandora Modes are now available on mobile!

@randyjohnstonus It's great to see you around the community!

Pandora Modes provide a great way to customize your station experience. There is a specific Pandora Mode named Artist Only that you may be interested in. 

Check out this help article for the full details on Pandora Modes and how to use it on the web Pandora experience.

NOTE: For now, Pandora Modes are only available on Pandora's website. However, we hope to bring this feature to mobile devices in the coming months.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 10/01/19: Pandora Modes are now available on mobile!

@randyjohnstonus It's great to see you around the community!

Pandora Modes provide a great way to customize your station experience. There is a specific Pandora Mode named Artist Only that you may be interested in. 

Check out this help article for the full details on Pandora Modes and how to use it on the web Pandora experience.

NOTE: For now, Pandora Modes are only available on Pandora's website. However, we hope to bring this feature to mobile devices in the coming months.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

wescoast36
Local Performer
I've been in an Avenged Sevenfold mood this week, and tried to listen to them alone on their station with the artist only feature turned on. But it keeps kicking me back into a playlist I made with them and about 5 other artists. I've deleted that playlist over and over but it refuses to let me listen to the Avenged Sevenfold station, and just keeps recreating that old playlist. I just picked up Pandora Plus a few weeks ago and it's very aggravating to feel like I'm getting less control over my music now.
0 Kudos

mschannon
Local Performer

Is there a way to limit a playlist (or station) to just one artist?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mschannon I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

To limit a station to only playing the artist it was created from, you can utilize the Artist Only Pandora Mode.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information on Pandora Modes. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jfoiles
Underground

I upgraded to premium so that I could use the artist only mode. Now I read that there's no way to prevent other artists from being played on a station. Seriously? Then why is there an artist only mode? And why are you requiring an upgrade to use a mode that doesn't do anything?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jfoiles Nice to see you around the Community.

Artist Only mode does exactly what it implies: plays only songs by the artist you used to seed your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well). This mode will only be available on some stations.

To clarify, are you having issues with one of your stations playing multiple artists when setting it to Artist Only Mode?

If so, what is the name of that station?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

jfoiles
Underground

Recent examples have been Dan Baird, Gojogo, and Omar Sosa. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jfoiles Can you please send me a screenshot of different artists playing on Artist Only Mode when you are listening to one of those stations?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jfoiles
Underground

You must have intimidated the stations into submission, suddenly everything is working as it should. I don't know what you did but it worked. Thanks!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jfoiles Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

jfoiles
Underground

I spoke too soon. If I play a station alone the artist only mode works, but when it’s shuffled it plays multiple artists. I've got some screen shots but the system isn't letting me upload them.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me, @jfoiles.

Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way to utilize Pandora Modes while shuffling your stations.

It will only work when listening to one station at a time.

I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see this option available: Modes in Shuffle customization

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jfoiles
Underground

Done, thanks. Comment added.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jfoiles Always happy to help. 😁

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

ShaNiqua
Local Performer

Does not work.....I want to listen to one artist only!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ShaNiqua I moved your post over to this existing thread: Only listen to 1 artists' songs

To limit a station so that it only plays the artist it was created from, you can utilize the Artist Only Pandora Mode.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information on Pandora Modes. 

This all being said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. 

It combines our radio service with on-demand listening and allows you to create custom playlists, where you can pick and choose exactly what songs you want to hear during your listening sessions.

You'll also be able to navigate to an artist's page and play any of their tracks in our catalog that are available.

Use this link to learn about the many benefits of upgrading.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

DebbieJay
Local Performer

Can I customize a station by artist? I assumed I could. Like Jango.

@DebbieJay  good Sunday morning, I believe you can, when you click on the artist station it shows a search bar for you to add songs or other artists. Just add the songs in that search bar that you want to be added for that artist station. Have a great Sunday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DebbieJay I moved your post over to this existing thread: Only listen to 1 artists' songs

To limit a station so that it only plays the artist it was created from, you can utilize the Artist Only Pandora Mode.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information on Pandora Modes. 

This all being said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. 

It combines our radio service with on-demand listening and allows you to create custom playlists, where you can pick and choose exactly what songs you want to hear during your listening sessions.

You'll also be able to navigate to an artist's page and play any of their tracks in our catalog that are available.

Use this link to learn about the many benefits of upgrading.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos