cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to create a station is greyed out

Rothlin_89
Local Performer

I've tried following the steps you listed, but after I watched the ad to get the premium session to listen to one of my favorite bands, Solence, The option to start a station from their music is greyed out. Everytime I click it, it just says "We couldn't start a station, returning you to your last playlist." I am very frustrated by this because it won't even tell me why.Pandora Problem.png

I can only play the album or individual songs. Pandora won't let me add any of their music to my stations so I can get their music mixed into my usual rotation. It won't even let me thumb up the song. What is going on here?

Moderator Edit: Format, Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 10/04/20:

If you are on an artist page and are unable to start a station due to the option being "greyed out" then we will need to escalate that feedback to our curation team so they can resolve it on their end.

To do this, you can reply to this thread with the name of the artist/track you are unable to create a station for.

Thanks for working with us on this! 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
181 Replies

AdamPandora

@Rothlin_89 I created a new thread for your post as you are experiencing a separate issue.

I've passed this feedback along to the team who takes care of our collection - they will look into this on their end to see what is going on with that particular station.

Thanks for your patience, and hope we continue to see you around the community! 

Dipsyface
Local Performer

Dugger Boy music just went live on Pandora today. How do I get my music to a station or create a station from Dugger Boy artist name?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

AdamPandora

@Dipsyface I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can create a new station from a computer.

If you are using a mobile device, the best way to explore Pandora and create a station (or to listen to any type of content) is to search our library and further filter your results.

Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. Enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Artist, Songs, Stations, Podcasts, Playlists, or Albums.

When searching for:

• an artist, tap the artist's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can view and play their radio station, Latest Releases, or Top Songs and Albums.*
  • a station or genre, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can collect, play, or share that station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Dipsyface
Local Performer

I do these steps and the artist Dugger Boy comes up. When I select start station I receive the message that says due to our music licenses this item isn't available for playback. Then I hit the start station and it gives the message we're having unexpected technical difficulties. How do I the available for playback? How do I create Dugger Boy radio?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dipsyface I see what you are saying now.

I went ahead and passed this feedback along to the folks who take care of our collection so they can investigate. 🔎

Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos

Levesque
Local Performer

Why do some artists not have a "start station" option? Is there any way around this? Pandora has several albums available by the artist I'm interested in, but all I can do is collect the albums, can't create a station.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Levesque So that I can escalate your report to our curation team for review, can you please let me know the name(s) of the artist(s) that you are unable to create stations for?

Thanks for your help with this! 

0 Kudos

Levesque
Local Performer

Thanks for getting back to me. The artist is The Hillbilly Moon Explosion.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Levesque Thanks for following up.

I passed your feedback along to our curation team so that they can further investigate this. 🔎

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

musicenthusiast
Local Performer

Hi,

I'm having the same issue for the artist SB19. I wanna start a station, but it says something about music licenses. I can't start a station, and I can't add them to other stations. Hoping for a fix for this issue soon.

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@musicenthusiast Thank you for reporting this.

I will make sure to escalate your feedback to our curation team so they can look into this further.

Thanks for your patience! 

ZyderZee
Local Performer

i too have several artist that i cant start stations, 1) Human Impact, 2) Dissension (new album "amazing disgrace"), 3) The Iconoclast

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ZyderZee I am going to escalate your feedback over to the team who helps take care of our collection so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting! 

0 Kudos

brantastic
Local Performer

@AdamPandoraI'm having the same problem. I'd like to start a station using my own songs/album as a starting point but I'm getting the same message: Due to our music licenses, this artist(/song) isn't available for station listening.

I'm not sure if it's because my album was just accepted to Pandora--does it take a little time to be available for this?

Related question: my album is live, but when I try to claim my artist profile, my name doesn't come up in the search. Again, maybe this is just a wait-and-see thing? Not sure.

If it helps, the album is Bees and Bees and Bees, and my name is Brandi Ediss.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @brantastic. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora community!

This would actually be something our AMP / Artist Support team would help out with. I've gone ahead and created an email case for you. Someone will be in touch via email to offer further assistance. 📬

Appreciate your patience during this process! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

brantastic
Local Performer

Thanks so much, Alyssa!

AlyssaPandora

No problem at all, @brantastic. 👍

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Dmwd
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa. I am having the same issue with an artist named xDMWDx. It says that the artist is not available for station listening. Please help! 

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @Dmwd!

I've passed this on to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos