cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Songs/Stations Added to My Collection

Sillyo125
Local Performer

Has anyone else been noticing tahts there are random songs by random artists added to their collection? I went through and started deleting them but today there were more. This isn't anything I would listen to or something that I added by mistake. It's like Pandora is just adding songs. If so how to I stop this?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Sillyo125! Thanks for posting to community! 

I've seen this before, would you mind sending over a screenshot of the songs that have been added. I'd like to report this to the correct department. 

In the meantime, I believe there may be an unauthorized user on your account. I've gone ahead and removed all the device associations from your account. This will log you out of everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you'll need to log back in with this takes effect. 

I would also recommend updating your password to something entirely new. You can request a new password by clicking here

Make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access. Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process. If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
105 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Sillyo125! Thanks for posting to community! 

I've seen this before, would you mind sending over a screenshot of the songs that have been added. I'd like to report this to the correct department. 

In the meantime, I believe there may be an unauthorized user on your account. I've gone ahead and removed all the device associations from your account. This will log you out of everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you'll need to log back in with this takes effect. 

I would also recommend updating your password to something entirely new. You can request a new password by clicking here

Make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access. Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process. If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

asostler2
Local Performer

I have, and it's only been in the past week or so.  That is actually what I came on here to find an answer to!

I'll try doing what the support post says below.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@asostler2 I do see you were able to contact our support team for assistance with this.

If you have any additional questions, make sure to reply back directly to the email thread you have open with them.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 😁

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

calgo2007
Local Performer

I use pandora on 2 android devices.  I sometimes use it daily, other times it could be a while.    But when I look to change stations, my list is polluted by so many stations that I didnt add and have absolutely no interest in listening to. If anything, this is causing me to use pandora less, because what I've personalized is no longer there.  What's the solution?

AdamPandora

@calgo2007 It sounds like you may have an issue with an unauthorized user accessing your account.

I will have someone from our User Support team contact you privately via email to further assist with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

sarahkang1
Local Performer

This has been happening to me as well. I already changed my password and tried removing the songs but pandora just keeps adding them back to my collection. 

AdamPandora

@sarahkang1 It sounds like you may have an unauthorized user on your account.

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help look into this further

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🤝

0 Kudos

renaxenne
Local Performer

This just happened to me as well. Can you have support contact me as well? I've already changed my password but I can't find where I can remove all devices. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @renaxenne! Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to remove devices on your end at this time. I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board and check out the current request for this feature: Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

However, I've gone ahead and taken care of this for you. I've removed all the devices associated with your account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

If you continue to have trouble, feel free to let me know. 🙂

0 Kudos

FangedMoon
Local Performer

I have also been having this issue recently. Already chanced my password, but I think it started at about the same time as the original poster

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@FangedMoon I will have someone from our support team reach out to you as well for assistance with this.

Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

0 Kudos

cinnamongirl532
Local Performer

I have this same issue and have reset my password twice now. It helps for a few weeks and then I just start getting these random single songs added to my collection. Now I can’t remove them from my collection. Very frustrating, please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cinnamongirl532 Someone from our support team will be contacting you privately via email to help secure your account.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

Shorty35565
Local Performer

I'm finding random songs in my collection. Can you please remove all devices from my account? And tell me what I should do next. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Shorty35565 Our support team can help with this - I will have them contact you privately via email.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

LaurenPackard
Local Performer

Somehow two albums were added to my collection ( I don't even know this artist) and now there is no option  to "remove from collection" like all of my other stations. Help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LaurenPackard Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

To clarify, were the albums you are seeing in your collection promoted to you in a push notification that was sent to your mobile device?

Or do you think there is an unauthorized user on your account who added those albums to your account?

Additionally, can you please send me a screenshot(s) of the two albums that are showing in your collection?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

LaurenPackard
Local Performer

Hi Adam! I have no idea how they got there. I have also noticed I am getting a lot of "someone else is listening to your Pandora account" but there's nobody else that has access to it- not sure if they are related. The albums in mention are in the screenshot and called code DNL.

LaurenPackard_0-1601818859129.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LaurenPackard Thanks for following up with that information.

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

Check out this thread for more information: "Someone else is listening" Message

Since it sounds like that is being triggered due to an unauthorized user on your account, I will need to escalate this over to our support team so they can help secure your account.

They will be contacting you privately via email, so please be on the lookout for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos