cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Songs/Stations Added to My Collection

Stormer2000
Local Performer

Hello I am facing the same issue. As of today there are random songs that added that we’re not my doing. Help!

Labels (1)
45 Replies

AdamPandora

No problem, @Mhuber127.

I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

If you haven't already, I would also recommend changing your password.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Karielee003
Local Performer

The same thing is happening to me. No one has my info for my Pandora account and I’m constantly getting someone else listening or random songs added. It’s really annoying and needs to be fixed. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Karielee003 I'm happy to help secure your account.

I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

0 Kudos

daveesch
Underground

I am having the same issue, I do not want all these songs on my list, and I did not put them there.

daveesch_0-1625594403080.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@daveesch It looks like you may have an unauthorized user accessing your account.

To resolve this, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

You will now need to change your password to something new as well.

0 Kudos

daveesch
Underground

Okay, thank you

daveesch
Underground

@AdamPandora  Is there a way to delete the songs off of the recently played list? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@daveesch Unfortunately, there isn't a way to clear the tracks showing in your recently played list.

Feel free to upvote this existing feature request with a ❤️ if you'd like to see this option added to the service: Clear Recently Played / Search History

In the meantime, as you continue to listen to new stations and music, those tracks currently showing in your recently played list will eventually get pushed out down the list and out of your view.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

tylerkimble
Local Performer

So I had 4 total random songs added into my account from Artists Gibbs and another one called Glenn but both artists don't exist on Pandora and because of that, I can't remove from my library.

pandora.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tylerkimble It sounds like you may have an unauthorized user who was accessing your account.

I went ahead and removed those songs from your collection on my end.

I've also gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

You will now need to change your password to something new as well in order to fully secure your account.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

I usually listen to Pandora on my desktop Mac Pro computer running Mohave.  Today I happened to click on my Playlist collection to choose a Playlist to listen to and got the shock of my life.

I noticed that  the number of songs shown under some of my playlists were extremely large amounts.    For example I have a Playlist called Sleep and that is the one I listen to at night in bed to help me sleep.  It is composed of soft relaxing music or songs I normally have around 40 or 50 songs in it now   it shows over 1800 songs,   I briefly scrolled through some of them to see what kind of songs had been added.   There were all kinds of music I even saw Jingle Bells in the list.  I looked at my other playlists and found 3 others  that were way out of proportion to what they used to be.  The ranged from 920 to 1800 plus.  The most I usually have in any playlist is around 100 songs.

What is going on here ?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@daleslad It sounds like you may have an unauthorized user adding those songs to your playlists, so I moved your post over to this thread: Random Songs/Stations Added to My Collection

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to bulk remove those tracks from your existing playlists.

The easiest route to take would be to create new playlists, and re-add the tracks you do want to include on them.

You can then delete the playlists that now have thousands of tracks on them.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Adam this has happened before and I get the same canned answer you give everyone else,  just how likely is it that there are so many people hacking into our accounts so that they can move songs around in our playlists.    If anyone is getting hacked I think is Pandora's system software and not individual users accounts.  I have spent many  hours and days organising my playlists which is painfully labour intensive because of a lack of sorting options and now I have to do it all over again.  

Also is there any way you can reverse the order of this thread so that the most current date is the first one you see.   As it is now you have  to keep scrolling down and clicking back to get to the most current entry.  This is the first Community Forum listing that I have seen where it does not show the latest entry up front.

AdamPandora

@daleslad I definitely understand your frustration.

However going this route will help us rule out any possibility of an unauthorized user accessing your account.

If you notice any additional tracks getting added to your customized playlists that you didn't add yourself, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let us know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorting Community thread from newest to oldest:

You can make this change on your end.

To do so, scroll to the top of the thread, and click on the ellipses (3 dots) located on the top right corner of the page.

Then click on Sort Newest to Oldest.

Here is a screenshot for your reference:

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 10.38.01 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jguarino
Local Performer

I have podcasts I never asked for, and they seem to be adding music to my playlist I would never want. How can I get rid of them? I’ve tried all the posted ways. NO success! Help. I don’t want to get rid of pandora unless that’s my onl option…..

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jguarino Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• What are the names of the podcasts that were created?
  •  
  • What device were you using when this happened?
  • Do you recall interacting with a push notification, marketing email, or social media post?

Let me know.

•  

0 Kudos

JBRapach
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem.  This has happened multiple times over the last couple of years.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@JBRapach It sounds like you may have an unauthorized user who was accessing your account.

I went ahead and removed those songs from your collection on my end.

I've also gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

You will now need to change your password to something new as well in order to fully secure your account.

0 Kudos

JBRapach
Local Performer

This has happened repeatedly over the course of several years, and when it does I always change my password and delete the stations.  Is the security so lax that my account can be hacked so often?  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@JBRapach At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

I recommend upvoting this feature request with a ❤️if you want to see this offered on Pandora: Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

So although you may have changed your password in the past, you would have also needed to contact us directly to fully secure your account.

If you continue to run into issues with this down the line, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

0 Kudos