cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering Deleted Stations or Playlists

runehammer
Local Performer

I can't find my Irish music station, it's gone.  Please restore it if you can.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 03/22/22:

Deleted stations:

Please note, you can always recreate deleted stations by creating a new station from the same artist or song (that was deleted).

For instance, if the artist seed for your station is Tony Bennett, try creating a new Tony Bennett Radio station, and your original station should reappear along with your thumb feedback.

Here's an article with instructions on how to create a new station. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Deleted playlists:

If you accidentally deleted one of your customized playlists, there isn't currently a way to restore it on your end.

Playlists can only be restored by Pandora Support at this time.

If you need help restoring a playlist, you can reply to this thread with the name of that playlist, and one of our Community Moderators can help add that content back to your collection.

Thanks everyone!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

View solution in original post

63 Replies

autum11
Local Performer

@AdamPandora My missing playlist is called Grace Kelly Radio. I built it over SO many years…I really hope someone can help restore it for me. My heart is broken. 

TannerPandora

Hi @runehammer and @autum11! Thanks for posting to community.

After a little digging and some investigation, it appears that the release used to create these two individual stations are no longer available on Pandora. Which is why the station has disappeared from each of your collections. I recommend using a similar artist, track, or album to recreate the station.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ New Music: New Music Monday
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 03/22/22:

Deleted stations:

Please note, you can always recreate deleted stations by creating a new station from the same artist or song (that was deleted).

For instance, if the artist seed for your station is Tony Bennett, try creating a new Tony Bennett Radio station, and your original station should reappear along with your thumb feedback.

Here's an article with instructions on how to create a new station. 

Deleted playlists:

If you accidentally deleted one of your customized playlists, there isn't currently a way to restore it on your end.

Playlists can only be restored by Pandora Support at this time.

If you need help restoring a playlist, you can reply to this thread with the name of that playlist, and one of our Community Moderators can help add that content back to your collection.

Thanks everyone!

patrickgeiger
Underground

It looks like stations I've curated for years that were made before 2009 have been removed. Can you confirm this is due to the same reason as noted in this thread?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@patrickgeiger It sounds like you may have an unauthorized user who is accessing your account if your stations were suddenly deleted from your collection.

If you'd like, I can help take some steps to secure your account.

Let me know.

As far as your missing stations go, what I can do is restore your most recent 250 stations that were added to your collection.

You can then go back in and delete the ones you don't want.

Alternatively, if you know the specific stations you want restored, feel feel to reply to this thread with the names of those stations and I can help with that as well.

0 Kudos

patrickgeiger
Underground

That would be great. Please simply restore "Patrick Geiger's Station". I'm going to change the password on this account.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Sounds good, @patrickgeiger.

Securing your account:

I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

You will now need to change your password to something new as well.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

Restoring your station:

Your Patrick Geiger's station has now been restored to your collection.

Please don't be alarmed if you saw the "Someone else is listening" error message - I triggered that message when restoring your station.

Hope this helps!

patrickgeiger
Underground

Amazing! Thank you so much!

AdamPandora

Always happy to help, @patrickgeiger. 😁

runehammer
Local Performer

I've had that station for a very long time, perhaps 15 years.  Will my other old stations start disappearing as well?  I don't feel very comfortable knowing that such long history can just vanish like that and the answer is just, "sorry for the inconvenience."  I definitely didn't delete it myself, I was listening to it fairly often.

If I can't get my Irish station back, how do I back up my other old stations so that they don't vanish with no hope of being restored?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@runehammer I can confirm that song your station was originally created from is no longer available in our catalog - this would explain why the station was removed as well.

Unfortunately, the best option would be to create a new station based off of one of your favorite tracks or artists that played on that station.

Regarding your second question about backing up your stations, there isn't anything you need to do on your end.

Tracks becoming unavailable do not happen very often, so it is very unlikely that any of your other stations will disappear in the near future.

Hope this helps explain. 

0 Kudos

NoforLong
Local Performer

Accidentally deleted playlist jam

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@NoforLong I was able to restore your station named jam back to your collection.

Hope this helps!

localecho
Underground

Hi Folks,

One of my stations - "Jazz Instrumental" is no longer on my station list.  I don't believe that I deleted it but it's possible.  Could you restore it and let me know if it was my fault?

Also, I have changed the names and the seeds of almost all of my stations so I don't remember the original song or artist I used to create them.  Is it possible to find out what those sources are?

Thanks, Local

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@localecho It appears that the release used to create your Jazz Instrumental station is no longer available on Pandora - this is why the station has disappeared from your collections.

Unfortunately, the best option would be to create a new station based off of one of your favorite tracks or artists that played on the original station.

In regards to finding out the names of songs/artists your other stations were created from, I'm happy to help with that.

Feel free to send me the names of the stations you'd like me to verify.

localecho
Underground

Well, that's disappointing.  Thanks for letting me know.

Regards, Local

h1andy
Local Performer

Hi,

I deleted by accident the radio station one year or two ago. And now although I can search the radio station and play it. But it disappear front my collection and on my Apple Watch, it can be found nowhere.

can you please try to add it to my account collection again.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@h1andy I am going to need to reach out to our engineering team for assistance with this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

jlkillgore59
Local Performer

My name is andy (ajkillgore@gmail.com) My late wife Judy (jlkillgore59@gmail.com) had created a number of playlist customized for each of us. Because of all the things going on I did not keep up with her account.  I did earlier send copies of each playlist to the person she designed it for.  There were 8 or 9 of them I don't remember for certain.

Is there some way they can be recovered either to my account or hers so I and the others can enjoy what she created for us?

Thank you in advance.

Please contact me at my above email or hers as I still have it going for now.