cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share content with Premium Family plan

NINJADOC
Local Performer

How do I share stations among family members on a family plan?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@superousgenius I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to share content with family plan

What you will need to do is share her content that is currently on your account, to her personal account.

To share a content via email from your mobile device:

The easiest way share a song, station, or album is to search for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

Then tap the name of the song/station/album and tap Share.

From here, you'll be able to share your content either through a text message, through social media, or via email.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To share content via email from the web:

From the Now Playing screen:

1. Hover your cursor over the album art.
  2. Click the ellipses that appears underneath the Album art
  3. Select Share located at the end of the menu
  4. From there you can copy the link if you'd like to share it via email.

From the Song/Artist Details Screen:

Click the Share button located to the right of the Play button at the top of the screen.

You can select Copy Link to share a direct link via email.

For more information on how to share content from your collection on Pandora, you can view this help page article.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NINJADOC Nice to see you around the community.

Check out this help page article for more information on how to share content with other users.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

I have my wife set up on her computer with Pandora Premium Family Plan.   I'd like to transfer some of my playlists to her so that she can listen to them. How do I do that?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @daleslad. 👋

You can definitely share your tunes with your wife so she can access them from her own Pandora account under your family plan.

Sharing Tunes:

To share a song, station, album, playlist or podcast by searching for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

• Tap the name of the song/station/album/playlist/podcast* and tap Share.
  • From here you'll be able to share your content either through your messages, through social media channels like Snapchat, Instagram Stories or via email. 

You can also select Copy Link for a direct link to the content you've selected. If you don't see a social media option you'd like to use, make sure that you have the social media app downloaded to your device.

Happy sharing! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

daleslad
On the Rise

Unfortunately Alyssa, that didn't work for me.

I clicked on share and it showed Twitter and Facebook and copy  link.   We don't do the social media stuff so I clicked on the copy link icon and  pasted it into an email.

When opened the email on my wife's computer and looked at the link it only had a long blue background rectangle with nothing in it.  I doubled clicked on it anyway and it opened up Pandora and showed a blank square where the playlist should have been.   

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @daleslad.

You'll need to make sure that your Pandora profile is public in order to share the playlists.

You can find out more information about this here.

Hope this helps!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Alyssa,  I tried to change my profile  to public but it said go to Settings to change it. I've looked through everything in the Settings but can't find anything about changing from Private to Public.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Sounds like you may be using a computer device.

Could you try visiting your Account settings?

Here's a screenshot of where to locate your Profile privacy settings:

Profile.png

Let me know if this helps!

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Alyssa that worked, the reason I couldn't find the Public and Private setting was because they weren't laid out like your picture.   I had to scroll down to see my setting, it was below the bottom of the page.

While I was transferring the playlist an alert window popped up saying that someone else was listening and if I wanted them to listen-or me.

I'm curious why am I getting this popup when I have the family plan,   anyone on the plan should be able to listen at any time shouldn't they.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Thanks for confirming!

I would disregard that message if it popped up once, as this can happen when switching devices or logging back in. Sounds like it was accidental if no one is logged into your account.

If it continues to pop up multiple times during your listening sessions, please let me know.

artieman1
Local Performer

I am also having a problem similar to this. I copied the link when the sharing (the one that created the account) was private. When I tried to login with the new account (for sonus) and click the link it just went to the default "search" screen. I then followed the instructions to make the original (non-sonus) account public and re-copied the link. It was a new link, but it still went to the search screen.

Help?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@artieman1 Would it be possible to provide us with a screenshot/screen recording of what is happening?

Thanks for the help with this. 

mycojohn
Local Performer

Have used and loved Pandora for years even with its limitations. Then, I finally dropped it for newer better featured apps---but very recently returned for what looked like a great FAMILY plan and new, more flexible features.

However, now I need to be able to SIMPLY share Playlists, Stations and Artists WITH OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS within my Family Plan. With growing frustration, everything I read shows incredibly complex and different steps for each of these app features. Is simple sharing not possible??? Is this a FAMILY Plan in name only with no real integration of functionality?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mycojohn I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question: Sharing playlists with Premium Family

As long as your accounts are all set to public, you should be able to share content between each of your accounts.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to share music.

Hope this helps! 😎

Freak4potter
Local Performer

I have shared my playlist with a family member and it went through.... but now I can not listen to my own account. I don't even want to listen to that playlist now, but he logged into this own and listening to my playlist. Is there a way around this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Freak4potter. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into trouble.

• How are you listening when this happens?
  • What is the make and model of your device?
  • If you're listening from a computer, are you using a web browser or the desktop app?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

wbdesigner
Local Performer

But how can I share the same playlist or stations between family members. There is suppose to be a our soundtrack feature.

I actually want to listen to the same songs at the office, leave them playing for everyone else and go home and listen to the same list, step out to the workshop and have the same list playing. How do I do that?

This is why I paid for the family plan.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wbdesigner I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question: Sharing playlists with Premium Family

As long as each of your accounts are set to public, you should be able to share content between each of your accounts.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to share music.

Hope this helps!

greg230
Local Performer

I switched to the family plan, so that my daughter and I would not keep cutting each other out.  And, she created her own account for it.  But how do we now get her music (which is all in my account) into her account??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@greg230 I moved your post into this existing thread: How to share content with family plan

What you will need to do is share her content that is currently on your account, to her personal account.

Check out this help page article for more information on how to share that content with her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another thing I wanted to ask about is if you were having trouble adding her to your Family Plan as well?

I checked your subscription settings, and it doesn't appear the invitation you sent has been accepted yet.

Make sure she also goes to the invitation that was emailed to her, so that she can accept and officially join the plan.

Let me know if she runs into any issues with that.