cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle disappeared while in Premium session

peg123
Local Performer

Clicked on my collection, and now I can't get back to shuffle. There isn't any option at all except to shuffle the songs of the artist that is playing in my collection.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peg123 Nice to see you around the Community.

Premium Sessions:

It looks like you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium, which would explain why the app interface changed for a period of time.

Shuffle is located in a different area of the app depending on if you are upgraded to Pandora Premium, or if you are on the free/Plus service.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Shuffle with Free/Plus/Premium:

In case you decide to try out another complimentary session of Premium in the future, I've included more information about how shuffle works for each subscription tier,.

Shuffling from the Now Playing screen:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners can find the option to shuffle your stations above the station list.

Shuffling from the My Collection page:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners will first sort the collection by Stations and then select Shuffle Stations.
  • Premium listeners can go to My Collection, and sort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.
  • All tiers can switch between Shuffle All and a custom shuffle: just click the carat (down arrow) on the Shuffle On icon and choose either Shuffle All or Custom.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peg123 Nice to see you around the Community.

Premium Sessions:

It looks like you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium, which would explain why the app interface changed for a period of time.

Shuffle is located in a different area of the app depending on if you are upgraded to Pandora Premium, or if you are on the free/Plus service.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Shuffle with Free/Plus/Premium:

In case you decide to try out another complimentary session of Premium in the future, I've included more information about how shuffle works for each subscription tier,.

Shuffling from the Now Playing screen:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners can find the option to shuffle your stations above the station list.

Shuffling from the My Collection page:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners will first sort the collection by Stations and then select Shuffle Stations.
  • Premium listeners can go to My Collection, and sort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.
  • All tiers can switch between Shuffle All and a custom shuffle: just click the carat (down arrow) on the Shuffle On icon and choose either Shuffle All or Custom.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

MusicFan98765
Local Performer

Playing pandora on shuffle, played one song from a Playlist, now have lost the ability to shuffle my stations. What the nether, pandora?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan98765 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle disappeared while in Premium session

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for a full explanation.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AzureHawk
Underground

Great if it worked.  On my android app, if I go to my collection, there is no shuffle option anywhere in the list.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AzureHawk I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle disappeared while in Premium session

It looks like you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium. This would explain why the app interface changed for a period of time, and you were unable to follow those directions to shuffle your stations.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for a full explanation.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Tchill
Local Performer

my shuffle feature isn’t showing up in my collection.  How can I get that back?  iOS device is what I use.  Please let me know how to fix 😢.  Thank you!  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tchill I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle disappeared while in Premium session

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Emrose42
Local Performer

The shuffle all stations option is gone from the ‘My Collection’ tab. How do I get that back?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emrose42 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle disappeared while in Premium session

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Thanatos1
Local Performer

My shuffle button disappeared and won’t auto play either I have to manually select songs now

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Thanatos1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle disappeared while in Premium session

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos