cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle still doesn't include all stations

Mlsduke1
Local Performer

I've done everything I can think of to get my stations to shuffle. Only two stations shuffle and they do a back-to-back. One will be Twiztid, the next will be Jason Aldean and then ICP, then Garth Brooks when I have like 12 different stations. I don't know why I'm paying for this if I only get two stations on shuffle.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
95 Replies

AdamPandora

@cory34 Nice to see you around the community.

Our support team took a look at your account and it didn't appear the three Christmas stations you created were added to your shuffle mix.

They were able to add them for you on their end, and confirm that they are now playing when shuffling your stations.

Can you please try again once more on your end and let me know if you continue to experience issues with this?

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

sueb
Local Performer

sounds like alot of people are having a problem with the shuffle feature, me too.

i am using pandora plus on a desktop in our office, when i select a few christmas stations to shuffle from it pulls music from other stations that are not selected in the shuffle, ends up playing more music that is not selected in the shuffle that what is selected, i actually noticed similar problems with the shuffle a month or 2 ago, getting a little frustrating.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@sueb What are the names of the Christmas stations you are including in your shuffle mix when this happens?

Also, what type of music ends up getting mixed in that shouldn't?

I ask because we also have this thread currently open and wanted to see if what you were experiencing is related.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

cory34
Underground

Thanks, it works now.  I did have those station boxes checked in my settings.  What did I miss?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cory34 I'm not sure what happened there, however it sounds like things are up and running now.

If you continue to experience issues with this down the line, don't hesitate to reach back out and let us know.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

ncandelario
Local Performer

I've tried everything to get my stations to shuffle and even though it SAYS it's on shuffle, only one station plays. It's so frustrating. 

0 Kudos

sueb
Local Performer

we had selected susan boyle holiday, celine dion holiday, josh groban holiday, and michael buble holiday, it ended up drifting to almost all 1980's pop

0 Kudos

Fasha
Local Performer

My shuffle still is stuck on playing last station, not my whole library. I have read several threads on the issue, but have seen no resolution (except writing code).

Has there been any updates to this issue? Please advise

AdamPandora

@sueb Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

In the meantime, I recommend sticking with one of those stations instead of shuffling them all at once since that sounds to be causing the problem you are experiencing.

You can also check out some of our available Holiday Genre stations here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@ncandelario @Fasha Take a look at the reply I provided in this thread as it may explain what is happening here. 

Let me know if that helps. 

0 Kudos

lpiscoran
Local Performer

I have noticed for the past few months that My Collection Shuffle does not play music from all the stations in My Collection.  Also if I play one of the stations exclusively and then try to use the Shuffle feature, it locks on that single station.  I notice this is the case on my iOS device as well as the samsung tv app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@lpiscoran I moved your message to this thread since it sounds like you are running into a similar issue. 

Take a look at the reply I provided above as this may explain what is happening here. 

0 Kudos

cory34
Underground
The issue has returned. I trimmed my playlist down to four stations then added a fifth: Slack Key Guitar Radio -- however, that station never played before/during/after our NYE party. thx
0 Kudos

cory34
Underground

Adam, what you describe is accurate for me.  My workaround is to delete all stations and begin anew whenever I want to add a new station.  Sympathies to the poster with 70 stations.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cory34  It sounds like you are running into a known issue where new stations you create aren't getting added to your shuffle mix.

Take a look at the reply I provided above as this may explain what is happening here. 

0 Kudos

rsmiley211
Local Performer

Shuffle feature seems to only play a select few of my stations. I was wondering if I have a setting somewhere I missed or it is a current issue?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rsmiley211 Welcome to community!

I took a peek at your account and noticed you only have 3 stations selected for shuffle at this time. 

You can edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List.

From My Collection, press and hold the Shuffle option at the top of your Station List. Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, the stations currently being mixed in your Shuffle will show up with check boxes. You can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.

Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

Let me know if you're still having trouble. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

fanattic1
Underground

Is there a setting to have an artist that is added to My Collection automatically added to the shuffle list? I would think this would be the default behavior but at least it should be an option.

AdamPandora

@fanattic1 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

If you've never edited your Shuffle station, then as you create new stations they get included into the shuffle mix.

However, once you edit the list (say you deselect a station for Shuffle) then as you create new stations they do not get included for shuffle by default. It does not matter which client platform you use to edit the list - it will apply to all clients.

I recommend creating a feature request for your specific suggestion as I'm sure it would be something many other listeners would be interested in seeing as well. 💡

Thanks for being a part of the community!

0 Kudos

tlparril
Local Performer

I've noticed recently then when I select Shuffle, Panadora does not select music from a some channels - even when I un-select all the other channels on my shuffle list.

please advise.

Thanks !!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tlparril Our engineers would like to look into this.

Can you please try reproducing this, and then let me know the the name of station that isn't getting played when shuffling?

Thanks for all your help with this.

Let me know.

0 Kudos