cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle still doesn't include all stations

Mlsduke1
Local Performer

I've done everything I can think of to get my stations to shuffle. Only two stations shuffle and they do a back-to-back. One will be Twiztid, the next will be Jason Aldean and then ICP, then Garth Brooks when I have like 12 different stations. I don't know why I'm paying for this if I only get two stations on shuffle.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
96 Replies

Crockow
Local Performer

When I choose “Shuffle Stations” on my iPhone, it does nothing. It stays on the same station that is currently playing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Crockow I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Please a look at the reply I provided in this thread as it may explain what is happening here. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If making sure all stations are selected when setting up shuffle doesn't work, can you please do me a favor and try and reproduce the issue?

Once it has been reproduced, please reply back to this message and let me know the names of each station that isn't getting included in your shuffle mix.

I can then forward over that information to our engineers so they can investigate. 🔎

Thanks for all your help with this!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

PhilB1
Local Performer

Hi...you can add me to the shuffle problem group. When I open Pandora I always set the stations to shuffle. pandora will shuffle a few stations and that is it. I just checked and I have stations that haven't been played for 6 months. I leave Pandora playing from 8AM to 10PM. I'm choosing stations manually now.

AlyssaPandora

Hi @PhilB1. 👋

Looks like @AdamPandora has a post about this here.

If this doesn't apply to you, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• How are you listening when this happens?
  • Are you using a computer or mobile device?
  • What is the make and model of your device(s)?
  • By "choosing stations manually", does this mean shuffle doesn't work at all?
    • If not, could you clarify what you mean by this a bit?
    • Or are you turning on your shuffle feature when you start your listening session, and then it stops shuffling altogether after listening to a few stations? 

Let me know as I may need to report this over to our engineering team. 🔊

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

phelmering
Local Performer

Please describe the variety available on a station.  I have about 35 stations in Shuffle and about 750 thumbs up songs.  I hear the same songs over and over again - some stations not at all.  It's like shuffle isn't working.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@phelmering I moved your post over to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Please check out my post above for more information on why some stations might not be getting included in your shuffle mix.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

mettler
Underground

I have 8 stations that I created a while back and have them on shuffle-play (currently it is just 4 of them).  These last few months the shuffle has been anything but shuffle.  Pandora seems to get stuck on 4 bands that it will play every other song.  I have over 1300 thumbs up, so I am confused at why this happens.  Any insight? 

I also can't seem to tell pandora to put a band on the shelf anymore.. where did that go?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mettler Nice to see you around the community.

Shuffle not including all of your stations:

Please check out my post above for more information on why some stations might not be getting included in your shuffle mix.

If making sure all stations are selected when setting up shuffle doesn't work, can you please do me a favor and try and reproduce the issue?

Once it has been reproduced, please reply back to this message and let me know the names of each station that isn't getting included in your shuffle mix.

I can then forward over that information to our engineers so they can investigate. 🔎

Putting tracks on the shelf:

You should be able to utilize the Tired of this track feature.

Check out my post here for more information on how to put tracks on the shelf.

0 Kudos

NorCal37
Local Performer

Pandora Premium station shuffle not playing all stations.  1/3 of my stations are country and when I choose "shuffle all stations", none of my country stations play.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@NorCal37 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Please reference my post above for an explanation to why some of your stations might not be getting included when shuffling.

I can then forward over that information to our engineers so they can investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

NorCal37
Local Performer

@Adam
How do you select individual stations? The   instructions I have is to filter my collection by station then select shuffle all. Am I missing a step(s). 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@NorCal37 Thank you for looking into this - it sounds like you might be attempting to do that from your phone.

Unfortunately, for now you won't be able to edit which stations are shuffling directly from our mobile app.

In the meantime, you can edit your shuffle from a computer and your selections will carry over.

Can you please try editing your shuffle mix on a computer to ensure all stations are selected? 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

NorCal37
Local Performer

Yes, going onto the computer I noticed the shuffle was set to custom. I selected "Shuffle All" and logged out of the site.  When I opened Pandora on my iPhone, the setting did transfer and the shuffle is now playing all of my stations. 

With that said, when I had Pandora Free, I could pick and choose which stations to shuffle through the app on my phone.  Why is it now that I pay $15/month for Pandora Premium and I no longer have this option???  I am very disappointed with this feature.....or lack of feature once I started paying for Pandora.

I do appreciate our assistance with my initial issue. Thanks Adam.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@NorCal37 Unfortunately, for now you won't be able to edit which stations are shuffling directly from our mobile app (with Pandora Premium).

In the meantime, you can edit your shuffle from a computer and your selections will carry over to your mobile device.

This is a feature we're actively working on improving.

I would also recommend visiting our Feature Request Board and giving the request for Custom shuffle on mobile for Pandora Premium a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added as well.

Thanks for being a part fo the community! 😎 

0 Kudos

Dadsy72
Local Performer

Hi, so I have a premium account, I have 80 odd stations with other artists added to those stations. I play it on shuffle stations but I hear the same songs constantly. Wondering what I can do about that? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dadsy72 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Please reference my post above for an explanation to why some of your stations might not be getting included when shuffling.

0 Kudos

mikeerickson
Local Performer

Here we are some 5 months since this post and the issue remains, not even a workaround. 

disneymom9904
Local Performer

None of the options you gave have fixed my shuffling issues.

I have been a pandora users for years (I do not pay for premium)  and I usually only listen on the computer at home or work.  Both are Windows 10.

The screen shows that it is on Shuffle All but it stays on 1 station and only plays that.  I have A LOT of various types of music and I can only listen to one at a time.  

It seems in over 6 months since this thread started there would be an answer that works.

cory34
Underground

this happens to me too -- my workaround: wipe out all the channels in the shuffle and begin anew each time you want to add or subtract a station 

AdamPandora

@disneymom9904 I had our support team take a look, and they were unable to reproduce this issue on their end.

When streaming your collection in Shuffle Mode, they were able to verify that music was in fact being pulled from more than one station.

The first track that played came from your Taylor Swift Radio station as seen below:

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 10.20.15 AM.png

The second track that followed came from your Billy Joel Radio station:

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 10.20.31 AM.png

When listening to Shuffle, you can view which station a particular song is from by scrolling to the bottom of the Now Playing screen. A banner will appear at the top of the window.

It should say "[Station_Name] Radio," and then the name of the track (see screenshots above for reference).

Can you please do me a favor and stream your collection in Shuffle Mode once more while checking to see which station each new track that plays is coming from?

If you continue to run into issues with only one station playing, can you please let me know what the name of that station is?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos