cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Sorting Options for Playlists

greggr
Underground

Does anyone else find it beyond frustrating that you cannot sort a vurated playlist?  I pay for Premium Pandora and cannot even sort a playlist?

And why isn't there a mechanism to identify and delete duplicates from a playlist.

What is wrong with Pandora....?  They really need to up their game.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@greggr  @mvarilek While these are not currently features, I recommend giving the existing feature requests for these suggestions a ❤️to express your interest in getting them added as well:

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

44 Replies

mvarilek
Underground

Totally agree.  There's so much to love about Pandora, but the lack of ability to sort within playlists is a major shortcoming.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@greggr  @mvarilek While these are not currently features, I recommend giving the existing feature requests for these suggestions a ❤️to express your interest in getting them added as well:

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

IALWAYSSHINE
Underground
I just left a message about that as well. You would think since you can sort A-Z on Pandora plus you would be able to do it on Premium, but you can’t and it’s very frustrating!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IALWAYSSHINE Thanks so much for your feedback around this.

I recommend checking out the 💡More sorting options for Premium feature request and dropping a comment with your specific suggestion.

Make sure to give the post a ❤️ as well to express your interest in getting it added to Pandora Premium. 

greggr
Underground

It is beyond frustrating.  I pay a good price for Premium, and you would think they would provide this simple feature.  I suspect that it is because they don't want to make it easy, so you are forced to listen to songs you would rather not.

Stevemtx
Local Performer

I agree totally. Why not? One more thing.....  If I find an artist I like, why can't I add a similar song / artist? I came from another service because I listen to Pandora on my TV's. And one more,  Why isn't there a FADE between songs to eliminate dead space. I give up!

mod edit: format

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stevemtx Nice to see you around the community.

Adding similar songs to an existing playlist:

There is a feature that allows you to easily add similar tracks to an existing playlist.

Add similar songs to a playlist on a mobile device:

Go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to add similar trakcs to. Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art.

• Tap the Add Similar Songs button located at the bottom of your playlist if you need some assistance with building your playlist. Pandora will add songs that match the musical qualities of the tracks already in your playlist. You can re-order songs we've added or delete any unwanted songs.

Add similar songs to a playlist on a computer:

Go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to make changes to.

• Tap the Add Similar Songs button located at the bottom of your playlist if you need some assistance with building your playlist. Pandora will add songs that match the musical qualities of the tracks already in your playlist. You can re-order songs we've added or delete any unwanted songs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Crossfade option:

While there isn't currently a crossfade option available on Pandora, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

robertmissinne
Local Performer

I'm beginning to think Premium just isn't worth it with the lack of these features.  Can you say Spotify?

kgshu
Local Performer

I agree 100%.  This functionality seems to be basic stuff especially for Premium users!  Step it up Pandora.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @kgshu.

I completely understand where you're coming from.

In the meantime, we do have an existing feature request for this option that @AdamPandora mentioned above. I'm sure other listeners would also be interested in seeing this implemented. Be sure to give any ideas an upvote by clicking on the ❤️icon next to the title of the feature request.

Hope to see you around the community more often! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

dhyatt509
Local Performer

How do I get my new song to the top of my playlist not at the bottom?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dhyatt509. 👋

I'm happy to help! I moved your post over to the My Collection space as I'm unsure of what device you're using.

From a mobile device:

• To adjust the order of your playlist hold and drag the list icon on the right of the track title to the desired position.
  • If you're in Edit mode, tap Next (iOS) or Save (Android) to close out and save your changes. 

From a computer:

• To edit a playlist, go to My Collection and click the album art or title of the playlist you'd like to edit.

• To change the position of a song, click and hold the song you'd like to move and drag it into the desired position.

++

If you'd like to see other ways to edit your playlists and sort your collection from a mobile device, feel free to check out / upvote these suggestions:

I hope this information is helpful! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

SCboy
Underground

The only way I have been able to find is to drag and drop. I'm sure this is only going to work on certain devices, but it is better than nothing. I am able to click on a song, drag it up or down, and release. Hey, I would love for a filter menu to give me better options, but for now, it at least keeps me from scrolling through 80 plus songs to see if I have already saved it. Happy Tuesday All!

SCboy way to go. Happy Tuesday to you as well. Thank you for sharing that info. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

zwroberts1
Local Performer

I’d like to be able to order my playlists and not have them move when I add a new song. Feel like this would be good to be able to order playlists by most listened to not so much. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zwroberts1 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

While that is not currently an option, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ to express you interest in getting it added to the service: More sorting options for Premium

I also recommend leaving a comment with your specific suggestion on that thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

ashanderai
Local Performer

6 months since this "feature request" was mentioned. How we doing on that Pandora? How can I not even sort my playlist by date added. Definitely about to go look into spotify.

steven566
Local Performer

I'm considering going over to Spotify just for that reason.

steven566
Local Performer

It's crazy that this requires a bunch of people to give a thumbs up to before being addresses.  Pandora must have some very cumbersome code to not be able to make this an option.