cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station repetition/Merging playlists/Shuffle

Armineh
Underground

Hello, I have been searching in the Help section to find answers but was not able to! Here are my issues: 1) The Station/Playlist I've created and have had since 2008, keeps playing the same certain songs over and over! I'm always adding new artists and "thumbing up" new tracks but hardly any of them show up. Why is that? 2) Is it possible to merge my Thumbs Up playlist with another playlist? 3) How come there's no "shuffle" option on the app? Hopefully someone here will have answers for me. Thank you for your time.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@Armineh Nice to see you around the community.

To address your issue with station repetition:

It's true there can be a certain amount of repetition in some stations. Each listener has different tastes when it comes to hearing the familiar versus discovering new songs. Finding the right balance for each individual is something we continue to work on.

In the meantime, here are some things you can do to improve your stations.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To address your question about merging your playlists: 

While there isn't a way to "merge" your playlists, what you can do is add the songs from your My Thumbs Up playlist to another one.

To do this from a mobile device:

1. Go to My Collection, sort by Playlist, then tap on your My Thumbs Up playlist.
  2. Tap on More
  3. Tap on Add to Playlist.
  4. Tap on the playlist you want to add the tracks from your My Thumbs Up playlist to (or tap on + New playlist if you want to add the tracks to a new playlist). 

To address your question about shuffle:

Premium subscribers can shuffle either their collected songs or their stations.

To shuffle your collected songs: 

Go to My Collection and tap the Filter caret which appears below the album art to sort your collection by Songs. Then select Shuffle all songs.

To shuffle your stations: 

Sort your collection by Stations rather than Songs, and tap Shuffle all stations.

*Editing which stations play under station Shuffle is not currently available for Premium listeners on mobile devices. However, Premium subscribers can edit their Shuffle mix on the web, and and the changes will carry over to all devices.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AdamPandora

@Armineh Nice to see you around the community.

To address your issue with station repetition:

It's true there can be a certain amount of repetition in some stations. Each listener has different tastes when it comes to hearing the familiar versus discovering new songs. Finding the right balance for each individual is something we continue to work on.

In the meantime, here are some things you can do to improve your stations.

To address your question about merging your playlists: 

While there isn't a way to "merge" your playlists, what you can do is add the songs from your My Thumbs Up playlist to another one.

To do this from a mobile device:

1. Go to My Collection, sort by Playlist, then tap on your My Thumbs Up playlist.
  2. Tap on More
  3. Tap on Add to Playlist.
  4. Tap on the playlist you want to add the tracks from your My Thumbs Up playlist to (or tap on + New playlist if you want to add the tracks to a new playlist). 

To address your question about shuffle:

Premium subscribers can shuffle either their collected songs or their stations.

To shuffle your collected songs: 

Go to My Collection and tap the Filter caret which appears below the album art to sort your collection by Songs. Then select Shuffle all songs.

To shuffle your stations: 

Sort your collection by Stations rather than Songs, and tap Shuffle all stations.

*Editing which stations play under station Shuffle is not currently available for Premium listeners on mobile devices. However, Premium subscribers can edit their Shuffle mix on the web, and and the changes will carry over to all devices.

View solution in original post

stoag
Local Performer

I don't see anything that says my collection or filter. Are those options only available to premium users?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@stoag Yes - the instructions provided in the accepted solution to this thread are specific to Pandora Premium users.

Are you looking for instructions on how you can shuffle your stations?

If so, check out the accepted solution to this thread: How to Shuffle Stations

Just make sure to pay attention to the steps specific for Free ad-supported listeners.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos