cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

nottoday
Underground

While listening only to one station, which has thousands of thumbs up and down, I have recently noticed tracks play which I have given a thumbs up in the past but show no thumbs up now.  The songs are all from Pandora's library, I have not uploaded any material.  I also recently paid to upgrade again to Pandora Plus, it had expired for some days.  Not sure if the disappearing started when the paid subscription expired.  

I have read the other posts on disappearing thumbs up and don't believe the feature descriptions about shuffling between stations applies to my use case.  

Station: Peter's big messy station

Example track with disappearing thumbs up:  Helpless by Sugar from album Copper Blue

Labels (3)
115 Replies

AdamPandora

@djprice_69 I've escalated your feedback to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

breeliz
Local Performer

I noticed that the system is now resetting or deleting thumbs up and down preferences.  This is extremely annoying since a lot of work went into marking songs to set the preference pattern for my stations.  I have two similar stations that I separated by thumbs up and down.  One is a Cajun station and the other is a Zydeco station.  The music originates form the same area but is distinctly different.

So now I have Zydeco songs appearing on my Cajun station and vice versa.  The songs have no thumbs up or down despite having previously been marked.  Why have thumbs up and thumbs down if the system is going to erase them and choose for itself what I want to choose?

Same pattern appears on my others stations and it truly is annoying since I have many years of selection preferences that are being wiped out.

Bree

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@breeliz I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

rocketfizzpitt
Local Performer

A number of songs that had been given a thumbs up no longer have a rating. I use the Quick Mix in my store. They're ALL older songs. If there's no limit, please explain what's happening; they're some of the more popular songs.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@rocketfizzpitt I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

0 Kudos

breeliz
Local Performer

I got two in a row this morning.  Both songs have been tagged as thumbs up on more than one occasion.  It is as if the system resets them for some reason.
Thx
Breefile Song.PNGLimonade Song.PNG

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up with this information, @breeliz.

I've escalated your report over to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
Diamond in the Rough

i got a great one for you adam.... thumbs up and no thumbs up. same song all in one screenshot

EmperorJJ1_0-1652411351976.png

backstory on this i was reviewing my previously played and saw this song didnt have the thumbs but i was certain i had given it in the past. replayed the song and noticed it showing at the bottom. went back to the previously played and it still wasn't there. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

I'll make sure to pass this information along to our engineering team, @EmperorJJ1.

Thanks so much for providing us with this additional report. 

LizzyTizzy16
Local Performer

Problem is still persistent. It’s during shuffle and individual stations. I have close to 100 stations so I can not list them all. Nu Breed Radio is one. Cardi B Radio, shuffle stations, I Prevail Radio are all a few.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LizzyTizzy16 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

0 Kudos

Snake61381
Local Performer

My experience right now on free is a limit on thumbs up, my thumbs up list sits at about 1,049 right now and I am seeing songs I know i thumbed up before come back into my playlist with no thumbs at all.  Guess I will have to move to the paid version of pandora or spotify.  Just frustrating that it is doing this making the effort i have put into a station void.

0 Kudos

LizzyTizzy16
Local Performer
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LizzyTizzy16 Unfortunately, you are unable to attach images to the Community when replying via email.

In order to attach an image, you will need to open this Community thread in a web browser, and click on the camera icon located in the Reply box:

Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 4.38.56 AM.png

Please try sending that over once more directly through the Community.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Snake61381 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

0 Kudos

MacGyverS2000
Local Performer

Sorry, Adam, but my testing has proven the "unlimited likes" to be false... so perhaps a bug truly exists?  I have one and only one station, so it's not an issue with likes being tied to a station... I'm "liking" previously liked songs numerous times throughout my listening sessions on a daily basis.  Either Pandora is ignoring my likes at random or they are being lost into the ether over time (as if they're rolling off of the end of the line, FIFO style).  The longer it has been since I've heard a song, the more likely it is the "like" has been lost, which tends to support the FIFO loss idea.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MacGyverS2000 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

0 Kudos

MacGyverS2000
Local Performer

"You do not have permission to upload images"

Whatever.  The picture I tried to attach shows nothing more than an unhighlighted "thumbs up" on a song (Blinding Lights by The Weeknd) that has played multiple times the past week alone with a properly lit "thumbs up"... but now it's suddenly unhighlighted.  I had a second station that has never been used, so I deleted it for the pic, but other than that I have always been a single-station user.  I estimate I give a thumbs up to songs that had previously been upvoted 2-3 times per hour during multi-hour listening sessions.

Obviously this problem has been around for quite a while (more than a year on this one thread alone), so I'm not sure why the response is always "I've provided this feedback to the engineering team".  The engineering team either recognizes there's a problem (based upon the slew of people above who have shown pics of this issue) or they're ignoring the problem (after several years of this being reported with no fix, I'm not discounting incompetence, either).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MacGyverS2000 You should be able to upload an image.

To do so, click on the camera icon located in the Reply box:

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 11.11.09 AM.png

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

carlynnthatcher
Local Performer

I have this issue too.  I listen to Pandora mainly on my laptop.  The songs that I love I give a thumbs up.  But somehow they are not showing up as thumbs up.  I have to do a second or third thumbs up.

Sometimes when I play my thumbs up station there are songs that come up that I know I did not give a thumbs up or even like the song.

I almost always have my station on "shuffle"

I know that some of those songs can be on other channels, but my stations are very eclectic.  Different genre's.

0 Kudos