cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

nottoday
Underground

While listening only to one station, which has thousands of thumbs up and down, I have recently noticed tracks play which I have given a thumbs up in the past but show no thumbs up now.  The songs are all from Pandora's library, I have not uploaded any material.  I also recently paid to upgrade again to Pandora Plus, it had expired for some days.  Not sure if the disappearing started when the paid subscription expired.  

I have read the other posts on disappearing thumbs up and don't believe the feature descriptions about shuffling between stations applies to my use case.  

Station: Peter's big messy station

Example track with disappearing thumbs up:  Helpless by Sugar from album Copper Blue

Labels (3)
105 Replies

jakesemanco
Underground

Hello,

It's an iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS Version 15.3.1, Pandora Version 2202.1.

It's on the Kanye West Pandora station. Some songs include:

Jay-Z - On to the Next One

T.I. - Live Your Life

Kanye West & DJ Khaled - Cold.1

J. Cole & Bas - 100.mil'

Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See

I was using the "My Station" mode.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up, @jakesemanco.

I'm showing the Pandora account connected to your Community profile was created for the first time on 03/31/2022.

I also see over the course of the last month, you've created and deleted a number of accounts using various email addresses.

To clarify, thumb ratings are associated with specific accounts. So if you provide thumb ratings on this account, they will not transfer over to any new accounts that you create.

My guess is that you gave those above tracks a Thumbs Up on one of your older accounts that you created, and not this new one that was created a few days ago.

Please make sure to stay signed into this account on your devices, and provide Thumbs Up/Down ratings to tracks as they play.

If any other tracks play where the Thumbs Up/Down is no longer highlighted, please make sure to grab screenshots and send them in a reply to this message.

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

jakesemanco
Underground

They're definitely within the same account, but maybe the system is tripping up due to the number of accounts I've created.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up.

The next time this happens, definitely grab screenshots showing the thumb icons no longer highlighted on tracks you've previously rated.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

0 Kudos

TRVphoto
Underground

Hi @AdamPandora 

I am having a similar issue. Songs that I definitely had "liked" with a thumbs-up in the past are showing up in my stream without the "like" showing.

I am definitely in the same custom-made station.

Also, did something recently change at Pandora (several months ago)? I am getting a lot more variety in my station (very much appreciated) after years of not having a lot of new songs playing daily.

Thanks!

Best,

Todd

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TRVphoto The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jakesemanco
Underground

@Adam 

Thumbs Up/I'm Tired of This Track seems to be working better. I'm Tired of This Track sometimes doesn't pick up but it's not as frequent. However, if you view the images below, the Thumbs Down issue is still occurring. The two tracks below played back to back, with "What It Feels Like" playing first. T.I.'s 'Top Back' had played a couple days ago, which I downvoted and it still came up, but as you can see, the second time I downvoted it was not registered otherwise it would have appeared in my Thumbs Down list above "What It Feels Like".

IMG_0412.PNGIMG_0411.PNGIMG_0410.PNG

0 Kudos

neel_arunabh
Opening Act

I am really angry at 2016 Hits Radio. As soon as the one hour uninterrupted session started, I kept skipping tracks until I got a chance to hear an unheard song, and today, this took 15 minutes. Also, I gave a thumbs down to "Most Girls", "Wolves", "Señorita", and "Dance Monkey" as they did not exist in 2016, but every day they are coming back to the station. I gave an "I'm Tired of this Track" to "Don't You Worry Child" and other tracks but every day  they are coming back. This is not fair. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jakesemanco I've escalated your feedback over to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@neel_arunabh The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

0 Kudos

jakesemanco
Underground

Ok, no worries. Thank you.

TRVphoto
Underground

Hello...

I just got a "You do not have permission to upload images." message.

Should I email the screenshot?

Here is the song that I had liked before but showed up without a like today...I have since re-liked it.

Station: Morphologies Radio

Song: They Leave in Autumn

Artist: Miwon

Album: A to B

Thanks.

Best,

Todd

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 14.29.05.pngSecond time is a charm.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TRVphoto I've escalated your feedback to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

TRVphoto
Underground

Thanks, Adam. No worries. This minor annoyance is definitely a #firstworldproblem.

Best,

Todd

Gtrtim112
Local Performer

I've got a question regarding how the logic works for choosing the thumbs up on a song. I've noticed lately that the songs in which I have chose the thumbs up on previously is no longer selected. I've found that I am having to choose thumbs up on them again. I've ensured that I am in my normal play list that I use most frequently versus a newer playlist. So, my question is, do the thumbs up selections expire after a certain period or is there a limit to how many can be chosen? If either of those questions are answered with a yes, can we get that changed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Gtrtim112 This is a known issue that our engineering team is currently looking into.

Your thumb ratings should never expire.

The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

0 Kudos

wax66
Local Performer

Throwing my hat into the ring of people that have experienced this.  Ellie Goulding's Burn was playing, noticed no Thumbs Up and it confirmed what I thought I had been seeing the past few days with other songs.  There's no way that song would not have a Thumbs Up, and in fact I'm sure that within the last week it had one.

I only use shuffle, no other modes.

Nobody else has access to my account.

I use both the mobile app and the website.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for sharing your experience, @wax66.

The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

0 Kudos

TRVphoto
Underground

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 14.44.16.pngHi @AdamPandora...this song was 1000% liked in the past as it is a song I replay often and enjoy. Thanks again!

I will be clicking "Like" on it again momentarily.

AdamPandora

Thanks for the additional report, @TRVphoto