cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

nottoday
Underground

While listening only to one station, which has thousands of thumbs up and down, I have recently noticed tracks play which I have given a thumbs up in the past but show no thumbs up now.  The songs are all from Pandora's library, I have not uploaded any material.  I also recently paid to upgrade again to Pandora Plus, it had expired for some days.  Not sure if the disappearing started when the paid subscription expired.  

I have read the other posts on disappearing thumbs up and don't believe the feature descriptions about shuffling between stations applies to my use case.  

Station: Peter's big messy station

Example track with disappearing thumbs up:  Helpless by Sugar from album Copper Blue

Labels (3)
87 Replies

jakesemanco
Underground

Any update on this @AdamPandora?

0 Kudos

Gtrtim112
Local Performer

@AdamPandora Here you go... two screenshots from today. Let me know if you need more examples or further feedback. I'll be glad to help you narrow down the issue.

screenshot 1.jpgscreenshot 2.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jakesemanco Unfortunately, our engineering team is still looking into this issue.

Thanks again for all your patience with this.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up, @Gtrtim112.

I've escalated your feedback over to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

ademarmontero
Local Performer

My pandora that I pay $5.99 a month for IS NOT SAVING MY THUMBS DOWN on my country station. I’m tired of it. Please fix this. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ademarmontero The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

ademarmontero
Local Performer

20123E57-9A6D-478E-8B7E-9BA8D959EFF1.png

I have previously given this song a THUMBS DOWN, I’m saying that pandora is not saving my thumbs down, not the thumbs up. Yal added me to the wrong thread. My THUMBS DOWN WILL NOT SAVE 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up, @ademarmontero.

I've escalated your feedback over to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

thmonky
Local Performer

Thumbs up constantly disappearing

I don't understand. I have a paid subscription. Songs that have been collected and thumbed up still show up as collected but about 1/2 the songs randomly drop the thumbs up and I have to go back and re-like them again. Is there a fix? This is getting REALLY annoying.

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
Diamond in the Rough

yeah thats been happening to me too. idk what impact it has though because when i re thumbs up i cant find the old thumbs up in the list (yet total thumbs count does increase) weird glitch for sure

@AdamPandora heres my example for tonight: Jingle bell rock by straight no chaser is showing no thumb. (pic 1) found it in thumb list (pic 2) and top of the list (pic 3). When I add the thumbs up new top of list (pic 4) and finally gone from where it used to be in the list (pic 5)

1EmperorJJ1_0-1650605468857.png

2EmperorJJ1_2-1650605556359.png

3EmperorJJ1_1-1650605497495.png

4EmperorJJ1_3-1650605697428.png

5EmperorJJ1_4-1650605900749.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@thmonky The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@EmperorJJ1 I've escalated your feedback to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

thmonky
Local Performer

Thanks? Hopefully? Again, not use breaking but REALLY irritating to have to stop and constantly go back to re-like stuff.

I'll see if I can grab one for you.

0 Kudos

Gtrtim112
Local Performer

@AdamPandora … I do similar work in my day job. I understand the complexities of issues like this. You’re not going to hear me fuss about it. At the end of the day, I still hear great music. I truly believe that Pandora’s logic behind music selection beats out all other providers. I assume Apple and Spotify are more popular but in my opinion, Pandora can’t be beat. 

Not sure if it’s possible but I’d love to have a conversation with someone on how the actual logic works between the different choices within the app. 

Let me know if you need more examples of songs. I’ll be happy to provide them. 

Thanks! \m/  \m/

0 Kudos

thmonky
Local Performer

Hey Adam, 

Here ya go. Captions and everything. Lemme know.

Thanks!

Was over playing on my Switch. :) Nothing running but Pandora and background (BitDefender, Nvidia and Win 10 processes.)Was over playing on my Switch. 🙂 Nothing running but Pandora and background (BitDefender, Nvidia and Win 10 processes.)Song after the 1st one. It usually does it for... 3-5 songs in a row on average when it happens. Can have blocks of this then normal then this again.Song after the 1st one. It usually does it for... 3-5 songs in a row on average when it happens. Can have blocks of this then normal then this again.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks so much for sending this over, @thmonky.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

gzvang21
Local Performer

After the last update on Pandora and my phone's software update, which was like a couple months ago, I realized that there a lot of songs that I listen to, that does not have the 👍 on it, which I know for sure wasn't like that previously before the updates. Unsure if that affects anything so I go and press 👍on it again to prevent it from not playing. Anyone else having this issue?! I have cleared cache on the app, uninstalled and reinstalled. I've done every tier 1 troubleshooting possible. Nothing fixes it. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@gzvang21 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

0 Kudos

ademarmontero
Local Performer

I still keep getting songs that I have given a thumbs down.

0 Kudos

djprice_69
Local Performer

I'm noticing this now, too. I've noticed with several songs across several very different stations. Most recently, many, many of my classical songs no longer have thumbs up and I don't know why. I'm sure if I spent any time paying attention to other stations I would've noticed it even more. 

I am 100% sure I've thumbed up this song in the screenshot below. I just happened to glance at it when it came on again tonight and I had to thumb it up again for some reason. 

djprice_69_0-1650935143040.png

0 Kudos