cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

nottoday
Underground

While listening only to one station, which has thousands of thumbs up and down, I have recently noticed tracks play which I have given a thumbs up in the past but show no thumbs up now.  The songs are all from Pandora's library, I have not uploaded any material.  I also recently paid to upgrade again to Pandora Plus, it had expired for some days.  Not sure if the disappearing started when the paid subscription expired.  

I have read the other posts on disappearing thumbs up and don't believe the feature descriptions about shuffling between stations applies to my use case.  

Station: Peter's big messy station

Example track with disappearing thumbs up:  Helpless by Sugar from album Copper Blue

Labels (3)
87 Replies

AdamPandora

@carlynnthatcher I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

LizzyTizzy16
Local Performer

Here is a link  to a bunch of songs that I’ve had issues with not showing previous likes on. Some of these I just tried to like so that’s why they are showing that. But they have since lost their like…. Again.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks so much for sharing those screenshots, @LizzyTizzy16.

I've gone ahead and reported this over to our curation team on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Abrom
Underground

I figured I might as well share an observation of dealing with this "thumbs up songs gone" bug. Usually when listening to my station on my pc or xbox one, it'll play my thumbs up'ed songs like normal, but at some point it'll play four songs in a row of songs that SHOULD be thumbs up'ed already but aren't. This will happen once or twice during an hour-long listening session. This has happened pretty consistently since I first dealt with this bug.

AdamPandora

Thank you for the additional feedback, @Abrom.

I will make sure to pass this along to our engineering team as well.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime!

0 Kudos

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

Missing thumb ups/thumb downs, and even snoozes are genuinely a huge problem right now. This user is not alone. I first noticed it about two months ago, and they seemed to fix, but it's become exponentially worse over the last two weeks.

All of the issues below happened on my Beneath the Starry Night Radio this past week or so:

Missing thumbsdown 07-25.png

Missing thumbsdown SAME PIECE 07-29.png

The above song was one of my first thumbs down when the station was created. After hundreds/thousands hours of listening, it removed itself as a thumbs down and played again on July 25th. I thumbed it down again. It removed itself as a thumbs down and played again on July 29th.

NoThumbsUp.jpg

 This song was a thumb up that vanished off my thumb up list and was marked without a vote when it played around July 27th or so.

Snoozed song playing 2x in 1 day 07-25.png

 I selected "I'm tired of this track" on July 25th, and it played about 3 hours later on the same station.

Missing thumbs UP 07-28.png

This was one of my first thumb ups on the station and got marked not thumbed up. I thumbed it up again but it played on July 28th with no thumb up mark.

Missing Thumbsup 07-28-22.png

This piece has been thumbed up twice in the last couple months, with the last incident of it being marked without a thumb up on July 28th.

MissingThumbsUp 08-01-22 02.png

MissingThumbup 08-01.png

Both of these tracks were previous thumb ups that played on August 1st with no mark of being thumbed up.

Missing Thumbup 08-02 3.png

Missing Thumbup 08-02 1.png

Missing Thumbup 08-02 2.png

All three of these are thumbed up tracks that were not marked as so as of August 2nd.

Other stations are having a similar issue. I have changed my password and even forcibly signed out all other devices to ensure this isn't unauthorized access of my account. This issue began for me some time ago with only the one specific artist (Paul Cardall), and support claimed they were looking into it at that time. Again, the problem seemed to resolve, so I thought it was fixed, but it's back with a vengeance.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@caldella I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Gtrtim112
Local Performer

I hate to be the guy that complains but this thread was started about a year and a half ago. I’m not sure what all else those engineers are working on but this clearly isn’t high on the priority list or else they’ve spent way too much time on this issue with no resolve. Either way, someone really should step up and get this corrected. Pandora is already losing subscribers each year. The trend will only continue if people can’t utilize some of the features being paid for. 

0 Kudos