cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbprint Radio Reporting Wrong Thumb Number

jujutsuka
Underground

My thumbprint radio says that it is playing "Music inspired by your 160 thumbs from across all your stations." This number goes up every time I thumb a song while listening to Thumbprint Radio. However, when I go into my Thumbprint Radio info, it shows that I have thumbed over 400 songs, and when I look at my profile, I have thousands thumbed. Why isn't this adding up?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
41 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tlamaine613 Nice to see you around the Community. 😁

I believe you are referring to the two numbers showing on this screen:

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.55.47 AM.png

To explain, the 3,806 Thumbs Up number you are seeing at the top of the screen is the total number of Thumbs Up ratings you've given across all of your stations.

The 71 Thumbs Up ratings you are seeing below that number only indicate the tracks you've thumbed up on your actual Thumbprint Radio station.

Thumbing a track up or down on Thumbprint Radio won't affect its thumb rating elsewhere. Just like your other stations, if you thumb it up, you'll hear more tracks like that, and if you thumb it down, it won't play again on Thumbprint Radio, but will remain thumbed up on the original station.

Hope this helps explain. 🤝

0 Kudos

rs2
Local Performer

My Thumbprint Radio says it is inspired by my 699 likes across all stations, and my 'My Thumbs Up' playlist says it has 521 songs.  Which is the correct number and how can I view all my liked songs?

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rs2 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbprint Radio Reporting Wrong Thumb Number

Your Thumbprint Radio is inspired by both your total number of Thumbs up, as well as your total number of Thumbs down given on your stations.

This would explain why the number showing on Thumbprint Radio is larger.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

rs2
Local Performer

Ah, sorry for the duplicate post.

What about the fact that going to 'My Profile' -> 'Thumbs Up' Shows 693 songs? Versus the 'Thumbs Up Playlist' which shows 521 songs?

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries at all, @rs2.

To explain, your My Thumbs Up playlist will only accumulate tracks that are available for on demand playback.

My guess is that you have given a Thumbs up to a number of tracks that are labeled as "Radio Only."

So you may see a difference in the total number of Thumbs Up showing in your profile, vs. the actual number of tracks that are added to your My Thumbs Up playlist.

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions. 

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

That being said, I have passed your feedback along to our engineers so they can further investigate.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. 🤝

0 Kudos

stinkbugmarsha
Local Performer

Hi I'm having this issue for the first time, on both mobile and desktop my thumbprint radio says I've liked 355 songs yet there's only 3 showing in the playlist. After those play then it switches to autoplay and picks random songs for me instead. It used to play all 355 in order. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stinkbugmarsha Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

It looks like you are actually running into a couple of issues here.

3 Thumbs Up ratings on Thumbprint Radio:

To explain, the 355 Thumbs Up number you are seeing at the top of the screen is the total number of Thumbs Up ratings you've given across all of your stations.

The 3 Thumbs Up ratings you are seeing below that number only indicate the tracks you've thumbed up on your actual Thumbprint Radio station.

Thumbing a track up or down on Thumbprint Radio won't affect its thumb rating elsewhere. Just like your other stations, if you thumb it up, you'll hear more tracks like that, and if you thumb it down, it won't play again on Thumbprint Radio, but will remain thumbed up on the original station.

Getting all of your Thumbed Up tracks to play in order:

It looks like your My Thumbs Up playlist was removed from your collection.

I went ahead and restored that playlist for you.

If you want to listen to the playlist of all of the tracks you've thumbed up, you will need to play My Thumbs Up playlist.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Mortitia
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mortitia I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbprint Radio Reporting Wrong Thumb Number

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Also, would it be possible to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jmbee
Local Performer

Hello.  I'm having this same problem.  My thumbprint shows 237 thumbs up but only shows 14 in the list.  Also...thumbprint radio does not show up in my list of stations any more.  I had to search for it.  Thank you so much for your help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice to see you around the Community. 😁

Number of Thumb ratings on Thumbprint Radio:

I believe you are referring to the two numbers showing on this screen:

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 4.26.03 AM.png

To explain, the 237 Thumbs Up number you are seeing at the top of the screen is the total number of Thumbs Up ratings you've given across all of your stations.

The 14 Thumbs Up ratings you are seeing below that number only indicate the tracks you've thumbed up on your actual Thumbprint Radio station.

Thumbprint Radio missing from collection:

I was unable to reproduce this on my end - when looking at your station list, I'm showing Thumbprint Radio is still collected:

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 4.29.26 AM.png

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

KristyE123
Local Performer

Yes this is happening with my thumbprint radio as well! I have over 900 songs that I have “liked”, or given a thumbs up to, however it is only showing about 30 or so. What is the deal with that? I pay extra for Pandora premium and this makes me not want to anymore! Very upset. How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KristyE123 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

KristyE123
Local Performer
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KristyE123 It looks like you tried to attach that image by replying via email.

In order to send us a screenshot, you will need to log into the actual Pandora Community, and upload the image there.

To do so, you can click on the camera icon in the reply box:

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.11.22 AM.png

Thanks again for the help with this!

0 Kudos

lindaj
Local Performer

Anyone else having a problem with the Thumbprint setting back to zero? I had about 15,000 thumbs up. Now it's saying I have zero thumbprints. I pay for a premium account. Now it's playing a bunch of random songs. And it's even acting like I don't have a subscription, and it's preventing me from skipping over songs, like it did years ago, when I didn't have a subscription. My subscription is paid up and still showing as active. What's up?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lindaj Nice to see you around the Community.

Thumbprint Radio:

I was unable to reproduce this on my end - I took a look at your Thumbprint Radio, and this is what I see:

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 8.36.21 AM.png

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end?

Unable to skip songs:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

villa333
Local Performer

My thumbprint radio shows "Music inspired by your 4,847 thumbs from across all your stations," yet my profile shows 446 total thumbs-upped songs (which seems like the more likely number).

Is there a way to sync these? Are there phantom thumbs that I'm missing? It's not a huge deal, as long as those "4,847 thumbs" aren't affecting the playlist. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@villa333 Your Thumbprint Radio is inspired by both your total number of Thumbs up, as well as your total number of Thumbs down given on your stations.

This would explain why the number showing on the station is larger.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

MaliaMaui
Local Performer

A friend shared her Thumbprint Radio Station with me via a link.  When I open the link it shows me her station and says "inspired by your 1,140 thumbs from across all your stations".  But when I play her station on my account, it only has a couple of thumbs up/down and doesn't play anything other than music similar to those few artists.  She has a wide variety of music when her playlist plays on her device -- lots of the 1,140 thumbs mentioned.  But the share only seems to have transferred a few artists.  Can this be fixed for me?

0 Kudos