cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbprint Radio Station Repetition

Kokopellian
Underground

To me, it’s okay but, I get a lot of repetitive stuff. I wish it would work as suggested and actually recommend/play new suggestions that can be added.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kokopellian @ManWithJoeName @adielizasmith!

I do have some suggestions that may help.

1. If you don't have many stations, you may want to create more stations and give more thumbs up, to give Thumbprint more feedback to work with.
  2. Be sure to thumb freely on Thumbprint Radio; this will help us learn which thumbs you want to hear more of, and which you aren't interested in anymore. Thumbing a track up or down on Thumbprint Radio won't affect its thumb rating elsewhere. Just like your other stations, if you thumb up a track, you'll continue to hear it and tracks like it, and if you thumb it down, it won't play again on Thumbprint Radio. You can always remove the thumbs down later if you want to bring the track back into rotation on Thumbprint.

Hope this helps with your Thumbprint Radio station.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

32 Replies

ManWithJoeName
Underground

I like that it plays all of the music I've added to various playlists, but I wish it skipped around more. it seems like it just picks one of various playlists and plays 4 or 5 songs from that playlist before picking another one.  I would prefer if it was more random when picking the next song to play.

adielizasmith
Opening Act

I agree with you, but i still like it a lot. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kokopellian @ManWithJoeName @adielizasmith!

I do have some suggestions that may help.

1. If you don't have many stations, you may want to create more stations and give more thumbs up, to give Thumbprint more feedback to work with.
  2. Be sure to thumb freely on Thumbprint Radio; this will help us learn which thumbs you want to hear more of, and which you aren't interested in anymore. Thumbing a track up or down on Thumbprint Radio won't affect its thumb rating elsewhere. Just like your other stations, if you thumb up a track, you'll continue to hear it and tracks like it, and if you thumb it down, it won't play again on Thumbprint Radio. You can always remove the thumbs down later if you want to bring the track back into rotation on Thumbprint.

Hope this helps with your Thumbprint Radio station.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ManWithJoeName
Underground
@AlyssaPandora Thanks for the info. I already have about 40 playlists and 40 stations, along with about 1700 thumbed up songs. I have a great variety of music that gets played on my Thumbprint radio, and for the most part I thumb up very few of the songs on the thumbs up radio because I like to hear all the different songs I have thumbed up on the different stations and playlists I have created. I just wish the algorithm that selects the songs that get played was a little more random...

adielizasmith
Opening Act

thank you for the sugestions @AlyssaPandora ! I hope they will help! 

Kokopellian
Underground

Thank you Alyssa. This has helped a great deal!

claud1224
Local Performer

I have pandora plus and I use my thumbprint radio a lot...my question is, is there any way I can switch or shuffle this station ? for instance bring all the older thumbs songs to play to the beginning? it seems that it keeps playing the same songs from previous days eveyday I play it 😕

Thanks!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@claud1224 I moved your post to this thread in order to keep the community organized.

I recommend checking out the suggestion @AlyssaPandora provided in her above comment as they should help resolve the issue with repetition you are experiencing.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

Dennis1
Underground

Accidentally I Thumbed Up in my Thumbprint Station. Now the Thumbprint Station only plays those 62 songs as apposed to the 400+ thumbs up in my original Thumbprint Station. I don't want to delete the 62 because it deletes in the original 400+ also. Any solution to get back playing all 400+?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hi @Dennis1 thanks for posting to community! I've moved your message from our Community Chat to the My Collection support board to help keep things organized. 

Thumbing a track up or down on Thumbprint Radio won't affect its thumb rating elsewhere. Just like your other stations, if you thumb it up, you'll hear more tracks like that, and if you thumb it down, it won't play again on Thumbprint Radio, but will remain thumbed up on the original station.

You can edit your thumbs on Thumbprint Radio by visiting the station's "backstage page" to make that change.

Here's how to edit thumbs from the backstage page:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station.
  4. Scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs.
  5. Tap the 'X' beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove.

++

Alternatively, if you feel that your Thumbprint Radio station is becoming repetitive. I do have some suggestions that may help.

3. You can also use the I'm tired of this track/song feature for tracks that you still enjoy, but don't want to hear again for a while. To find this feature on mobile, tap the album art of the currently playing track, then the three dots on the right. From a computer, click the ellipses near the album art to reveal the option. 

Hope this helps. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dennis1
Underground

Thanks for your quick response. Have been trying to correct. Doesn't seem to allow me to edit. Don't seem to be able to access "backstage page". No thumb or "i" in top right. As originally stated, I can delete the 62 thumbed up songs (which are apparently "within" the Thumbprint Station) but that will delete them from the entire station. Would rather not lose those 62. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dennis1 Deleting those thumb ratings on your Thumbprint Radio station won't prevent them from playing again.

With that being said, I was unable to reproduce the issue you mentioned where you are unable to remove those thumbs with the instructions @TannerPandora provided.

What device were you using when you were unable to access the backstage page of your Thumbprint Radio station?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Dennis1
Underground

I've tried on 3 different devices - iMac, MacBook Pro and iPhone. Not able to remove Thumbs as instructed by Tanner. Thumb or "i" does not appear in upper right. No "backstage". No editing feature –– just a "remove from your collection" check mark left of "play" "stop" button. Thumbprint station says "Music inspired by your 426 thumbs up". 62 Thumbs Up within Station is where the problem exits. Seems to only go to those 62. Haven't heard about 350 thumbs up in a month or two.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dennis1 Can you please send me a screenshot or screen recording of what you are seeing?

I'd like to look into this further with you.

Thanks for all your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Dennis1
Underground

Screenshot of Collection Page and Thumbprint Station page.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 12.37.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 12.38.15 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dennis1 In the second screenshot you sent over, is there no way for you to scroll down any further?

Your Thumb History should be located directly below Artist Audio Messages.

Would it be possible to send me an additional screenshot of what you are seeing when scrolling below Artist Audio Messages?

Thanks again for your help with this. 

0 Kudos

Dennis1
Underground

2 Screenshots. First is top of page. Then it goes down thru the 62 songs. Ends with 62nd song (2nd screenshot).  I know this was there and know I can delete these songs but unfortunately I tested it and it erases song in original 426 Thumbprint Station. Which I was trying to avoid. Made a list of the 62 but don't think Pandora allows me to populate the 400+ station with these 62. Dennis

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 1.29.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 1.30.18 PM.png

0 Kudos

Dennis1
Underground

This might be of interest also. Thumbs Up 385? Why not 426?

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 1.41.56 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dennis1 I see what you are saying now.  

Removing Thumbs Up from Thumbprint Radio:

It is true that anything you Thumb Up in your Thumbprint Radio station will also add to the total number of Thumbs mentioned in the "Music inspired by your XX 👍🏽across all your stations" message.  

With that being said, you initially mentioned you accidentally thumbed up a track while listening to Thumbprint Radio. Did you still need help removing that track from your list?

Or did you want to keep that track on your Thumbs Up list?

Let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thumbs Up showing in profile vs. number displayed on Thumbprint Radio:

To clarify, Thumbprint Radio is inspired by both your total number of Thumbs Up given on your collected station, as well as your total number of Thumbs Down you've given.

So the number showing in the "Music inspired by your XX 👍🏽across all your stations" message will be higher than the number showing on your profile, as that number only includes the total number of Thumbs Up you've provided on your stations.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos