cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbprint Radio Station Repetition

Kokopellian
Underground

To me, it’s okay but, I get a lot of repetitive stuff. I wish it would work as suggested and actually recommend/play new suggestions that can be added.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

32 Replies

Dennis1
Underground

Adam - Let me put it this way. I think you can see my Thumbprint Station is "inspired by my 426 thumbs up" -- use to play all those. Above that you can see 62 thumbs up (and 5 down). What the problem is, is that only  those 62 (not even all 62) is all that basically plays now. Songs in that group (of 62) can play over about 20 songs later. Playlist has reduced to about 30 songs. It has totally forgot about the other364+/-. Please don't interpret language and bold as frustration –– I''m cool.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dennis1 Thank you for clarifying that with me - I believe this thread matches your issue a little better since you are running into trouble with your Thumbprint Radio repeating tracks.

I recommend checking out @AlyssaPandora's suggestions above to help with this. Continue to rate tracks that play on your station with either a Thumbs Up or a Thumbs Down and over time it should prevent Thumbprint Radio from becoming too repetitive.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Thumbs Up Playlist:

Another alternative would be to upgrade to Pandora Premium. With Pandora Premium, not only will you have the ability to stream content on demand, but you will also be able to take advantage of your My Thumbs Up playlist. 

My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed-Up tracks from each of your stations. When you sign up for Pandora Premium, we begin it by adding your 1,000 most recent Thumbs (if you have that many). Moving forward, every time you Thumb Up a song on one of your stations or eligible playlists, it will be automatically added to My Thumbs Up.

Unlike Thumbprint Radio, which plays your Thumbed-Up tracks along with other you may like, My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed-Up.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

TheHermit
Local Performer

I love the notion of Thumbprint radio, and for people with singular taste in music it's probably fine.  However, I have noticed that myself and others, with a particularly wide palette of musical preference have mentioned some of Thumbprint's limitations in the forums.

I personally have over 4000 thumbs, from over 100 stations.  But out of all of those thousands of thumbs, Thumbprint radio is only ever offering me a mix from about 100 songs.  I noticed other users who similarly mention more thumbs that, who have experienced the kind of repetition I am.

I've been sampling Pandora for a couple years, and I often consider improving my subscription, but I don't want a music experience I have to constantly manipulate.  My solution has been to manually select different stations throughout my sessions, usually when I notice ""I haven't heard "******" in a long time".  Or I tune into Amazon and just ask Alexia for songs.  But I'm not happy with either of these options.  I'd really just like for all of my selections to play, randomly.  Ideally, from the vast ocean of music, I would like to avoid hearing anything more than twice a week.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheHermit I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

If you are running into an issue with your Thumbprint Radio station getting too repetitive, here are some suggestions that should help:

1. Be sure to thumb freely on Thumbprint Radio; this will help us learn which thumbs you want to hear more of, and which you aren't interested in anymore. Thumbing a track up or down on Thumbprint Radio won't affect its thumb rating elsewhere. Just like your other stations, if you thumb up a track, you'll continue to hear it and tracks like it, and if you thumb it down, it won't play again on Thumbprint Radio. You can always remove the thumbs down later if you want to bring the track back into rotation on Thumbprint.
  2. You can also use the I'm tired of this track/song feature for tracks that you still enjoy, but don't want to hear again for a while. To find this feature on mobile, tap the album art of the currently playing track, then the three dots on the right. From a computer, click the ellipses near the album art to reveal the option. 

In the meantime, thank you again for your feedback. We're always working to improve Thumbprint Radio and have made a note of your issues with repetition.

Hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos

JamesYoung76
Local Performer

Thumbprint only plays the same 100 songs it's been playing instead of going through the other 39,000 songs i have thumbed up.  Make it play a song once until all the other songs have played.

The way ads are used makes it impossible to manage pandora while driving.  More than once I've just had to shut off pandora cuz i didn't have time to mess with the U.I. for 1 minute to eventually get it on the station i want.  I dont mind ads, but these ads have been the most glitchy thing about Pandora, and make it hard to use while driving.  When I get an ad when I'm just trying to change stations and it won't let me change it until the ad is over is some scandalous invasive cumbersome sloppy programming.  Put my life in danger to try to get me to pay for a subscription.. smart.

Also, this is a complaint. I don't want to ask a question. None of your labels represent this. Great job insulating yourself from customers.

0 Kudos

Mreiling
Local Performer

My thumbprint radio keeps playing the same 25 songs over and over despite continuously adding more thumbed up songs from different stations. Isn’t it supposed to play all my thumbed up songs? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mreiling I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbprint Radio Station Repetition

Check out the accepted solution for some tips on how to improve your station if it has become repetitive.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Mreiling
Local Performer

It did not help! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mreiling To clarify, do the same 25 songs always play in the same order every time, and after those 25 songs play, it starts over again from the first track that played?

If so, can you please provide me with a list of the tracks that play, so that I can have one of our engineers look into this further?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Mreiling
Local Performer

It shuffles the same 25 songs. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mreiling Thanks for following up.

Our engineers would like to try and reproduce this on their end - can you please let me know the names of the tracks that are repeating, in the specific order?

I can then pass that information along to them so they can further investigate.

Thanks again for all your help with this!

0 Kudos

Robo63
Local Performer

I have over 6500 thumbs up and Thumbprint only plays a few. iPhone 8 user.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Robo63 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbprint Radio Station Repetition

Check out the accepted solution for some tips on how to improve your station if it has become repetitive.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos