cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete songs from playlist

JETSET
Local Performer

I created a playlist, when I delete songs from it, it doesn't delete.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
14 Replies

JETSET how are you? When you delete the song, try to refresh your Pandora app, sometimes I have to do the same thing as well. Wish you the best. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JETSET Nice to see you around the Community.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Does this happen with any playlist you attempt to delete songs from, or just one of them?
  5. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

jetdude62
Local Performer

I am on a pc...Windows. I do not see anything, anywhere to delete a song on your website.I need to get rid of my songs I accidently downloaded.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jetdude62 The ability to download songs is only an option when streaming your Premium account on a mobile device.

To clarify, do you need help removing specific tracks you've added to one of your created playlists?

Or do you need help removing songs you accidentally added to your collection?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

JETSET
Local Performer

Nothing I try works.  It shows the songs are deleted, but when I try to play the updated list, it reverts back to the original list and doesn't show the original songs.  I give up.  I just deleted the whole playlist.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JETSET I understand your frustration. If you'd prefer not to invest any more time, we totally understand.

If you'd like to work on this a bit more, I'd be happy to help troubleshoot or answer any questions you may have.

Could you tell me more about what's happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

If you are on a computer, which browser are you using? If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)? Are you seeing any error messages?

Let me know what you decide. We're here to help!

0 Kudos

Wpelren
Local Performer

Mine is doing the same thing. The songs are no longer visible but still play. I  deleted them long ago. On my phone

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wpelren I'm happy to look into this further.

The next time this happens, please reply back to this thread with the following:

• A screenshot of the deleted track still playing on your playlist 
  • The name of the playlist the track was deleted on

0 Kudos

Funky_Joe
Local Performer

Same thing is happening to me. I created a playlist, and accidentally added a whole album instead of just the song (Fats Domino - Ain’t it a Shame) so I tried to delete the other songs, 1 by 1, only to find out the next time I logged into pandora that all the songs are back in the playlist! I would send a screenshot but I don’t understand how. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Funky_Joe Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? You can attach a screenshot by clicking on the camera icon in the Reply box:

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 5.10.42 AM.png

0 Kudos

TnyToNewYork
Underground

This is happening for a year. This needs to be corrected. Stop milking this issue. I recorded it in action for you. Please let me know how you want me to send.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TnyToNewYork I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

You can then attach your recording to the email you are sent.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

yotsky75
Local Performer

I came here looking for a solution because I experience the same problem.   My primary playlist is 1620 songs called 'My Thumbs Up" , which I listen to on shuffle every day on either my Motorola Android (version 11) phone, or my 12 year old Gateway Windows 10 desktop computer via Chrome.  On my phone the playlist doesn't even have the 3 dots with a delete option.  But on the Pandora website the playlist of songs has the 3 dots with one option being "remove from playlist".   But even though I have gone to the list and individually deleted a dozen songs I no longer want to be in the shuffle rotation, they are still there.  They disappear when I click on the remove function, but in the real world they are still there next time I start that playlist.  There's some songs I've deleted 4 or 5 times and they still keep playing in the shuffle rotation.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yotsky75 I'm happy to help look into this.

What are the names of the tracks you are unable to remove from your My Thumbs Up playlist?

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Lastly, can you please test and confirm if this is the only playlist you are unable to remove tracks from?

0 Kudos