cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Artist Only" Mode playing other artists

LordCayleth
Underground

Why is it that no matter what artist I pick, my "Artist only" version of their station only plays Tool? 

It was the worst with Alice In Chains, but I have the same problem with my NIN station, and even **ahem** like Black Keys. In no case is TOOL the artist of the station, and they're clean, new stations with only one band as a seed. I deleted my thumbs up station... Everything should be clean, but Pandora seems to think every artist is at least half tool.

Why is there even an "artist only" button if it can't even figure out what artist to play?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LordCayleth Nice to see you around the community.

I took a look at your Nine Inch Nails Radio station and it does appear that TOOL has been added as an additional seed. When listening in Artist Only mode, your station will play tracks from both the artist it was created from, as all as songs from any artist seeds that were added.

I recommend removing that TOOL seed to avoid any future confusion with this.

To remove variety (station seeds) on the web: 

Scroll down to the Station Created From section.

• To add variety, click + Add Variety, enter the artist or track you'd like to add, then click on the (+) sign to add that artist or song to your station. To remove variety, hover over the desired seed and select DeleteNote: you cannot add variety to Genre Stations.

To remove variety (station seeds) on a mobile device:

From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station, and scroll down.

• To remove variety (or "station seeds") that you've added in the past, simply tap the small (X) beside that item.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Artist Only mode issues with your Alice In Chains Radio and Black Keys Radio stations:

I do see you are correct in that your Alice In Chains Radio has not been seeded with any additional artists. When streaming that station in Artist Only mode, no other artists should play. The next time TOOL or any other artist plays on your Alice In Chains Radio station when set to Artist Only mode, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

You also mentioned you were having issues with your Black Keys Radio station, however it doesn't appear that a Black Keys Radio station has ever been created on your Pandora account yet. Can you please clarify a little more on what is happening?

Thanks for the help! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
41 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LordCayleth Nice to see you around the community.

I took a look at your Nine Inch Nails Radio station and it does appear that TOOL has been added as an additional seed. When listening in Artist Only mode, your station will play tracks from both the artist it was created from, as all as songs from any artist seeds that were added.

I recommend removing that TOOL seed to avoid any future confusion with this.

• To add variety, click + Add Variety, enter the artist or track you'd like to add, then click on the (+) sign to add that artist or song to your station. To remove variety, hover over the desired seed and select DeleteNote: you cannot add variety to Genre Stations.

From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station, and scroll down.

• To remove variety (or "station seeds") that you've added in the past, simply tap the small (X) beside that item.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Artist Only mode issues with your Alice In Chains Radio and Black Keys Radio stations:

I do see you are correct in that your Alice In Chains Radio has not been seeded with any additional artists. When streaming that station in Artist Only mode, no other artists should play. The next time TOOL or any other artist plays on your Alice In Chains Radio station when set to Artist Only mode, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

You also mentioned you were having issues with your Black Keys Radio station, however it doesn't appear that a Black Keys Radio station has ever been created on your Pandora account yet. Can you please clarify a little more on what is happening?

Thanks for the help! 

0 Kudos

vd
Underground

Hi,

I started a Porcupine Tree radio and they are the only variety I see in that radio I have. However, I just had a song by A Perfect Circle, Tool play in that radio when I chose Artist Only.

Below are my screenshots:

In the third screenshot, notice that I have thumbed up songs. I hope they don't matter when I choose Artist Only mode. 

vd_0-1600101910773.png

vd_2-1600102021230.png

vd_1-1600101938098.png

Thanks

Vino

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vd I have escalated your feedback to our engineers for further review.

I will make sure to reach back out to you if they need any additional info for you, or if they have an update on this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos

chel79
Underground

Hello, I started playing the Artist Only Elton John Radio today, watched the short video, but it’s playing other artists. First time, it played The Beatles, and I just caught it again playing Don McLean. Is this feature broken?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chel79 Nice to see you around the Community.

The next time this happens, can you please grab screenshots of the different artists that are playing on Elton John Radio when listening on Artist Only Mode?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

chel79
Underground

I have some screenshots, but I’m not sure how to post them here. Do I have to upload them to a website to share via URL?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chel79 You can use the camera icon to upload any screenshots you have:

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 8.18.48 AM.png

Thanks again for your help with this!

0 Kudos

Millertime
Underground

Hello Artist only mode is not working for me either. Here is a screenshot. Black Eyed Peas Radio is playing Chris Brown. Also, I think the station should include a cover photo that includes Fergie even though she is not a founding member she helped to make them superstars.Artists only mode error 2.pngArtist only error 1.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Millertime In your case, it looks like you've added a few other artists as variety to your Black Eyed Peas station (including Chris Brown):

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.29.21 AM.png

Artist Only Mode will not only play songs from the artist headlining your station, but you will also hear songs from other artists if you have added variety to that station.

You will need to remove those other artists from your station if you no longer want them to play in Artist Only Mode.

Hope this helps explain! 

Millertime
Underground

This is very helpful! Thank you I will remove the other artists from my add variety list.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Millertime. 😁

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

0 Kudos

chel79
Underground

IMG_7046.PNG

IMG_7053.PNG

Here are two screenshots I grabbed recently. You can see that it is on Artist Only at the top, but it does not match the artist (Elton John). 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chel79 Thank you for sending that over.

To clarify, is this only an issue when streaming Pandora from your phone?

Or do other artists also play in Artist Only Mode on your Elton John Radio station when streaming from another device as well? (Ex: computer)

If it only happens when listening on your phone, it may help to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

I'd also like to report this issue to our engineers if that is the case. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

chel79
Underground

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is just on my iPhone. I do not use Pandora on any other devices. 

Device & Generation: iPhone 11

Carrier: AT&T

iOS Version: 14.2

Pandora Version: 2103.1

Most likely connected to WiFi because I was listening to Pandora at home. It's possible that WiFi on my phone was turned off, but most likely it was connected. 

No other patterns or issues. I select Artist Only, watch the short video (I do not have Premium), and it plays the success chime and redirects to Artist Only mode, but the songs are not limited to the artist as shown in the screenshots. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @chel79.

I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

irondog
Local Performer

I am having problems getting my Bob Moses Artist Only station to stop playing other artists named Bob Moses. I created a Bob Moses station, artist only...this is the Bob Moses that includes the record, Days Gone By. But after playing one song from the correct artist, it starts playing jazz songs from an album called Home, by Steve Swallow, Sheila Jordan, Steve Kuhn, David Liebman, Lyle Mays & Bob Moses, whom I seriously doubt is the same Bob Moses.  HELP!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@irondog I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

robertmansour
Underground

For some reason, the "Chris De Burgh" Artist Only mode doesn't work.  It seem to think it's an Eagles station or Foreigner station?  Am I doing something wrong?  Does Artist Only Mode NOT work with some artists although it shows up as an available mode.?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@robertmansour I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Artist Only" Mode playing other artists

It looks like you've added a few other artists as variety to your Chris De Burgh station (including Eagles and Foreigner):

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 4.18.29 AM.png

Artist Only Mode will not only play songs from the artist headlining your station, but you will also hear songs from other artists if you have added variety to that station.

You will need to remove those other artists from your station if you no longer want them to play in Artist Only Mode.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos