cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Playback stops

bobblpix
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. What's the solution?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
46 Replies

napowell77
Local Performer

I have several Grace Digital radios and it occurs on them also, so it isn't necessarily an Amazon thing.

0 Kudos

kvs257
Local Performer

I also have this issue on my Echo 4th Gen.

I do have Pi-Hole on my network, but I also have Pandora Plus subscription, so there shouldn't be ads in the first place? I'm not going to add exceptions to my Pi-Hole; I purchased the subscription to get rid of ads. 

0 Kudos

allanhaberkorn
Local Performer

Same issue....  

0 Kudos

erinoli
Local Performer

My Alexa just started doing the same thing! I’ve played Pandora on it for years, with Ads. No issues at all until the last couple of weeks. I have no ad blocker and it plays Amazon music with ZERO issues. I don’t want Amazon music. I want to play Pandora but it’s so frustrating! My husband has no ads on his Pandora but it still stops playing. It’s nice to know that many of us have the same issue but would love for this to be fixed.

0 Kudos

erinoli
Local Performer

I’ve done all of the steps as well. Over and over again. No luck. 

0 Kudos

danielle_bouyer
Local Performer

I been having the issue with my new device but it never happen with my old device. I have tired all these steps but they seem to not work. This issue started 2 months ago and it's only the smooth jazz station that keeps getting disconnect not other issue from any other station on my account.

0 Kudos

PapaD
Local Performer

Yup same problem thought it was me but it only happens on my dot that I have connected to outdoor speakers. Plays for like 5 songs then stops. Been happening for about 2 months now. Never had a problem before, I use Pandora exclusively with out ads. Odd thing is it plays just fine on gen 2 devices. I can leave it on all day and it never stops.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danielle_bouyer I enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Can you please let me know the date and time this happens again?

Since you've done the troubleshooting steps already and they haven't helped, I don't have anything new to recommend. However, I can pass along your info and experience to our engineering team so they can further investigate. 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PapaD I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they will help:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  2. Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  3. Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account via the Alexa app.

Additionally, if you use a network level ad blocker such as AdGuard Home, Pi-hole, or an Eero router try  try adjusting your settings to allow Pandora or trying adding "delivery-cdn-cf.adswizz.com" to an allow-list even if you're upgraded to an ad-free subscription. 

0 Kudos

PapaD
Local Performer

530pm(ish) eastern time playing on echo dot connected to an av receiver. Wireless connection to my network which is about 460mb connection with roughly 20mb upload.

Played for about 30 min then just stopped.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PapaD Can you confirm that you were able to run through the suggested troubleshooting steps I provided in my message above?

Let me know if you continue to experience issues with this after completing those steps.

0 Kudos

PapaD
Local Performer

I have. I run none of what you mention. I use a nighthawk router and this problem has only started in the last 2 or 3 months. I have been running this same setup for about 3 years and have had zero problem until recently.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PapaD Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

PapaD
Local Performer

Problem still happening. This is really annoying. 

for the mean time I have switched to Amazon Music which is included with my Prime membership...I have had zero problem streaming music all day long. 

Is there any update for this?

0 Kudos

smdmsw
Local Performer
On echo devices through AlexaSMy android dreams of electric sheepskin boots.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@smdmsw Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. To clarify, are you experiencing issues with songs cutting off when streaming Pandora through your Echo device?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

0 Kudos

smdmsw
Local Performer
There is no error message, nor is there a screenshot to provide. Apologies.SMy android dreams of electric sheepskin boots.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @smdmsw.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Alexa - Playback stops

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, so let's start by rebooting your modem and router.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try the following steps:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  2. Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  3. Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account via the Alexa app.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

dbrew826
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem as all these people. The Echo dot cuts out after a few songs, and Alexa is unresponsive. Everything is up to date. I restarted the device, and unlinking/relinking didn't work either. Sounds as though there is no solution. Pandora works fine on my iPad, so I will simply send the Echo back. 

0 Kudos

Tytyt
Local Performer

And what do you think sending your echo will accomplish?  It is not a defective unit, since everyone is having the same problem (but not with other streaming music services).

So here was my solution.

Pandora appears to be using AWS (Amazon) servers.  When I installed PiHole (Ad blocking software), it ended up blocking the AWS servers.  Some of my blacklist domains have AWS servers blacklisted.  When pandora tried to load an advertisement it was unable to phone home.  When I turned off all blocking then my pandora streaming resumed fully.  So I just need to find out what server I am blocking that affects pandora streaming and add it to my whitelist. (If anybody knows, please report it!) 

0 Kudos