cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Playback stops

bobblpix
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. What's the solution?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
46 Replies

DrDawn
Local Performer

I don’t have ad blocking solution and I’m still experiencing this. Looks like this has been an issue for over a year. My echo will play 2 songs then stop. If I say “Alexa next song” it will play another 2 then stop. I have a paid pandora subscription. I’ve reset things multiple times. The issue keeps coming back. 

0 Kudos

MG714
Underground
I’ve found if I unplug it when decided not to work. That seems to work.  Hope it helps.  

Michelle 
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DrDawn I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

DrDawn
Local Performer

Well, my patience has run out. I think Pandora and I will be breaking up. I see that many people experience this problem, and have been for a long time, with no solution. 

I've unplugged the echo. I've relinked the app. I've tried all the suggestions here. 

I only get to listen to 2 songs at a time - not my idea of a streaming service.

0 Kudos

DrDawn
Local Performer

After further investigation, I believe this is not a Pandora issue but an Amazon device issue.

The same thing happens when I try to play Amazon Music - plays 2 songs then stops. I've seen the same issue discussed with respect to Spotify.

I tried resetting my echo back to factory settings and re-registering it. It worked once then reverted back to the play 2 songs only issue. What I noticed in the Amazon app was the following: when it was playing, the app would say it was playing on my Fire TV (not my echo) and that the echo was offline. Even though clearly the echo was playing. These two devices are in the same "smart group".

So I deleted all smart groups. So far so good. We'll see if this lasts.

So Pandora - I apologize for thinking it was you, although it would have been nice if the customers didn't have to do this debugging 🙂

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

I have an echo dot 3. I also have Pandora Plus. So, why does playback stop? I unplugged and plugged back in. I don't have know how to disable and reenable Pandora. This issue requires your engineers to resolve. 

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

I am not paying 4.99 a month to have pandora plus cut out after 40 min of playing. I do have other choices for listening to music. Do better!

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos