cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Airplay - Audio sync problem

ggonzalez88
Underground

When I play music on my iPhone using the native Music app the audio between different AirPlay2 devices is perfectly in sync. When I use the Pandora app my Sonos OneSL is not syncing with my AV receiver speakers. This causes a horrible delay effect.  It’s not a tv setting or a receiver setting issue since everything syncs up fine outside the Pandora app. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

@ggonzalez88 Glad to hear it. Let me know if anything changes. 

I'll PM you for her Pandora email address and I'll take a look at her account. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

rl1
Local Performer

I have the same problem using airport express.  Pandora?  Are you listening?

ggonzalez88
Underground

Posting again since Pandora hasn’t responded. Airplay audio from my iPhone is in sync between different speakers when using every app except the pandora app. Audio from pandora causes a horrible delay effect between my airplay speakers. 
pandora please fix!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ggonzalez88 and @rl1! Thanks for posting. 

We've made a small change that may help. You should now see an updated AirPlay icon within the Pandora app. 

image.png

If you aren't seeing this yet, please force close the Pandora app and reopen. Let us know if you notice any changes when using AirPlay. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ggonzalez88
Underground

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I did notice the icon had changed and my speakers are synced up now, so nice work! My wife did still have the same issue, but she might need to update her app.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@ggonzalez88 Glad to hear it. Let me know if anything changes. 

I'll PM you for her Pandora email address and I'll take a look at her account. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ggonzalez88
Underground

My system was solid until I updated everything to iOS 15 and now I’m having sync issues on airplay using pandora. I have a Sonos One that I use with airplay and it’s consistently out of sync with my Apple tv4k. The sonos is always a little early or ahead of the audio from the tv speakers. Pls help.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ggonzalez88!

So this happened after updating to iOS 15? Which iOS version are you currently on? There have been a couple of updates since the release.

Can you tell me a little more about the set-up? Are you using the Sonos One app to listen to Pandora or are you using the Pandora app and using AirPlay to sync with your Sonos and Apple TV?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos