cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering Issues on Onkyo receiver

Pakaboy
Local Performer

Just recently while listening to Pandora on my Onkyo receiver there is excessive buffering, sometimes 2-5 minutes between songs.  My internet connection 100%.  What is wrong and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

renjo12
Underground

I was using a wrong browser.  I'm good.  R3N

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora

@Pakaboy Welcome to the community!

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

raymondcolleen
Local Performer

My husband and I are on the same network and mine works and his Iphone 11 does not.  It just keeps buffering.  WHy

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@raymondcolleen I'd like to try some troubleshooting. 

From your posts, it sounds like you have buffering on your Onkyo receiver and on your husband's iPhone.

I do recommend trying the steps that @AdamPandora listed above to see if they help with buffering.  

For the Onkyo receiver, I'd make sure that your device's firmware is up to date. If an update is already available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

For the iPhone, first, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having the same issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

renjo12
Underground

keeps buffering and won't play any music..  R3N  

Moderator Edit: Format

AdamPandora

@renjo12 I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps suggested above as they should resolve this.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

renjo12
Underground

I was using a wrong browser.  I'm good.  R3N

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

blumpkin
Local Performer

this is happening to me too.  It's gotten worse, in that now my Receiver keeps buffering, gets to 100% and does not start playing, starts buffering again. 

There are no firmware updates available as this is an older receiver. 

HELP

0 Kudos

JGutierrez845
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem. My phone just buffers and won’t play anything. I’ve reset my device, deleted and reloaded the app and no change. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JGutierrez845! Thanks for posting. 

Just to clarify, the buffering is happening on your mobile phone while trying to cast Pandora to your Onkyo? 

Can you let me know the make and model of your mobile device and the Pandora version you're on? If you need helping find the version, let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos