cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast TV: Songs won't play

Ken4153
Underground

The app opens on Chromecast with Google TV. However, the music doesn't play. So I'm forced to uninstall the app and reinstall it and then it works. A bit of a pain.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
27 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SJL55 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

CrispyCritter
Underground

Can you explain what information you need a bit further?

I've given you dates, times, songs playing, observations that appeared a bit odd, device and its version number, Pandora app and its version number (note correction in a later post), things I tried that worked, things, I tried that didn't work, things that might have provoked it (though it appears pretty random).

I just tried Pandora and it worked fine and it has worked the past few days.  I don't know what else I can tell you.

mschwarzzz
Local Performer

Totally agree with all the above about album art and song title showing but not playing w/CCwGTV.  Requires Force Stop AND Delete Cache to get Pandora (Pandora Plus) to start working again on Chromecast with Google TV.  My setup is CCwGTV -> Denon AVR -> TV (HDMI eARC).  Major pain.  At this point, I'm cancelling Pandora and switching to Spotify.   Pandora app developers - are you listening?

OllePellijeff
Local Performer

Same issue as everyone else is having with no sound but equalizer spinning and showing 0:00-0:00. Chromecast with Google TV 4K native, i.e. not casting from another device, with latest software and wired ethernet. Tried restarting and clearing cache and data but no luck. It's obvious this is a bad bug on a major platform so it's very disappointing to see the issue apparently being ignored.

mtik00
Underground

My "fix" has recently needed to be changed:

1. Force stop Pandora
  2. Reboot Chromecast

I've had times when one or the other was not enough to play music again.  Only the combination of the two has temporarily fixed the situation.

0 Kudos

penneyblu
Local Performer

@AdamPandora Hi, I'm having this same issue as has been clearly defined by others here. Is there a true fix for this bug? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@penneyblu  If you haven't already I would recommend trying some of the troubleshooting steps found on Google's support page.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues after running through the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

0 Kudos

CrispyCritter
Underground

No fixes for the bug that I'm aware of.  I use Pandora 4-5 times a week while exercising and keep a log of the bug happening: Dates  6/1  6/8 7/8 7/28 8/14 8/17 9/4 9/11 9/26 9/29 10/14 10/15 10/16 10/17 but no occurrences since (but not much Pandora post Thanksgiving due to illness.)

Clear cache followed by Force Stop works most of the time, though I had to try it 3 times once.  Just abandoning Pandora for a day or two sometimes clears the error, though not always.

0 Kudos