cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast is unresponsive after disconnecting from Google Home

tiiimb
Local Performer

this is a constant problem on my systems. I have 3 chromecast audio streamers, and Pandora constantly gets "taken over" by Google Home, so I lose control of the content. Once Google Home takes over, if I try to control content on my Motorola G6 it will connect to the chromecast devices but then it freezes, and the Play, << and >> buttons fade out. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

tiiimb
Local Performer

sorry, I mixed one problem with another there. I will start another thread 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tiiimb! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Definitely some interesting things going on. Can you expand on what you mean when Google Home takes Pandora over. Are you able to include a photo or screenshot of what you're seeing?

When you connect via Chromecast, the option to Skip and Play become greyed out and you're not able to back out of the app? Does the app freeze or your entire phone?

Can you tell me a little more about your Motorola?

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Additionally, I see that you started a support case, if you don't mind, I'm happy to help here. This way there won't be any confusion or duplicate steps given between me and a support agent that might be helping. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

tiiimb
Local Performer

1. I'm not sure how to show a screenshot of that. What I meant was, Pandora was (before it quit cooperating with chromecast audio (CA) entirely) continuing to play through my CA devices but the app had stopped advancing - it showed a song already played. I would open google home (the app, not a device - stupid naming convention by google) and it showed the current song there, and I could use  >> to go to the next song.   Once this had happened, If I tried to use the Pandora app to control the stream it would start a new song playing on the phone, while the CA continued playing as if nothing had changed. Hence my conclusion that "google home had taken over". 

That situation occurred since day 1 of using Pandora with CA. 

It's been in the last week that Pandora has stopped working at all with CA - where the app freezes with buttons faded out. Yesterday I spent a lot of time trying to get it working, by forgetting and resetting the CA's, and uninstalling and re-installing the pandora app. It started working (yay!) but within about 5-10 minutes froze up again. 

2. only the app freezes, the rest of the phone works fine (BTW its'a moto e6, I mistakenly said it was a g6)

3. Android version: 9, 

Build number: PPBS29.73-81-18,

no info on Android Security Patch Level

Pandora version 2010.1

Thanks for responding! frankly I wasn't expecting any productive response, that's why I filed a support request. I've been researching this for a long time now. I will stop using Pandora if it can't be fixed. That will be a sad day, as I've tried many other music apps and Pandora is my clear fave - WHEN IT WORKS! 

0 Kudos

tiiimb
Local Performer

Adding to the mystery - today I opened the google home app, and selected media, then play music. It opened pandora and started playing just fine on all my CAs - BUT I was unable to control pandora there either. The only thing I could do was pause the song playing. I have no idea what playlist it was playing. I have a ton of music on google play but some of what's playing isn't mine. **ahem**! 

0 Kudos

tiiimb
Local Performer

Another odd thing, most of the time when I open the pandora app it won't connect to wifi. It will connect after numerous (very frustrated) attempts.

Gee what a great app! 

0 Kudos