cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Pandora to work on Fitbit Versa 2

capricorn1551
Local Performer
I just received a Fitbit Versa 2 and I cannot get Pandora to let me log in and activate it. Anyone else having the same problem? I have a free Pandora account that I use on my phone and at home.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @capricorn1551. 👋

Sorry for any confusion about this.

Our Pandora app for the Fitbit is designed to provide offline music while you're on the go. You can choose from workout stations curated by Pandora, or download offline versions of some of your favorite stations. 

However, since offline listening is only available to our Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers, you will need to have an active Pandora subscription to use this feature on your watch. 

If you'd like to upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium in order to activate this feature, you can do that from our website, here.

Of course, we're happy to have you as a listener either way. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @capricorn1551. 👋

Sorry for any confusion about this.

Our Pandora app for the Fitbit is designed to provide offline music while you're on the go. You can choose from workout stations curated by Pandora, or download offline versions of some of your favorite stations. 

However, since offline listening is only available to our Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers, you will need to have an active Pandora subscription to use this feature on your watch. 

If you'd like to upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium in order to activate this feature, you can do that from our website, here.

Of course, we're happy to have you as a listener either way. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

CamoQueen_84
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora 

I have a paid subscription to Pandora and I still can't get it on my FitBit Versa 2. How do I get it to let me sign in and download playlists to my FirBit?

TannerPandora

Hi @CamoQueen_84, thanks for posting. 

I would first recommend checking the storage on your FitBit. If you've already added your personal music collection to your Fitbit, there might not be enough space for Pandora to download all of your offline content.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, please try updating the firmware on your Fitbit using the steps outlined here

Next, I'd recommend trying to re-sync your Fitbit to see if that helps.

To do this:

1. Disconnect your Fitbit from any Bluetooth connections, and make sure it's hooked up to Wi-Fi.
  2. Return your Fitbit to the charger, and make sure it's seated properly.
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile phone, and click on Music and then Pandora.
  4. Select which content you want to auto-sync to your device: your top Pandora stations, or your favorite workout stations. This should restart the download process.

Please note that it may take some time for your stations to finish downloading.

You can also contact Fitbit's support team for more help by going to their help page or calling (877) 623-4997.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Gmalovesones
Local Performer

I cant get iron my watch. Fitbit vera2

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Gmalovesones - thanks for posting!

I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

Thanks again for being part of community!

0 Kudos

Miviloop
Local Performer

I have pandora plus but i cant instal pandora in my versa2

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Miviloop! Thanks for posting. 

To clarify, are you having trouble syncing your Fitbit with Pandora or having trouble with downloading offline content?

0 Kudos

morpheoush
Underground

Hi I've never been able to get pandora to sync my playlists to my versa2.  

I have tried this on 3 different wifi router setups, with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz, as well as a solo and mesh networks.  I've tried it on my phone hotspot.  i can get my watch to connect to wifi, and then go to pandora and tell it to force sync, and it says it will but nothing ever happens.

I have left it plugged in for 24 hours to see if it just needed more time, but nothing synced.

I have removed the pandora app and re-installed it, still nothing.

I have removed and re-connected my pandora accnt with my fitbit accnt, but nothing.

I'm out of ideas and need some help please.  I DO have a pandora premium family account and it's active and signed in on my phone connecting that I'm using with my fitbit.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @morpheoush! Thanks for posting. 

Do you mean Stations? At this time there are two options for the content that you can download onto your Fitbit for offline listening: either your top Pandora stations, or the Fitbit or Workout stations curated by Pandora.

Whichever the choice, you'll also be able to download your Thumbprint Radio (as long as you have space on your device).

We are aware of an issue with downloading offline content to Fitbit, if this is the case, I'm happy to include your info on this ticket. 

Let me know. 

0 Kudos

morpheoush
Underground

Sorry yes I meant stations. I have tried letting it auto select my top stations as well as selecting my preferred ones from the list.  Neither has worked for me

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @morpheoush! Sorry to hear this is happening on your Fitbit.

I've enabled a trace on your account. Based on your last post, it sounds like you've done some heavy troubleshooting. I've passed along your experience and info to our engineering team for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

Ruth59
Local Performer

[Phone Number]

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ruth59! Thanks for posting to community. 

I had to edit your post since it appeared that you posted just a phone number. We don't allow personal information to be posted publicly on the community site. 

I'm happy to help if you're having trouble with your Fitbit. Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

0 Kudos

Sheabow
Local Performer

I’ve downloaded the Pandora app and have it connected to WiFi Fitbit Is completely charged and I have a Pandora plus account but it continues to say there is a problem with your subscription check Pandora settings in Fitbit mobile app… is the message I get. I haven’t even logged into Pandora on the Fitbit app because it keeps making me do the WiFi set up. Why is this happening ? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sheabow! Thanks for posting. 

Can you clarify at which step when setting up your Pandora account  on your Fitbit you receive this message? I'm not entirely sure at one point you're being prompted with this. If you're able to share a screenshot or pictures of what you see, that would be great. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Wolfman13427
Local Performer

I’ve downloaded the pandora app and I tried syncing my stations but there is this message that says Auto-sync not available yet. I have my top 3 stations but it still won’t allow me to syncs the music. Can you please help me with this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Wolfman13427! Welcome to community, thanks for posting!

Can you do me a favor and share a screenshot or picture of the error you see? You can include the screenshot/picture in your response here in this thread.

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account. Can you run through the following troubleshooting steps to re-sync your Fitbit with Pandora while the trace is enabled.

To do this:

1. Disconnect your Fitbit from any Bluetooth connections, and make sure it's hooked up to Wi-Fi.
  2. Return your Fitbit to the charger, and make sure it's seated properly.
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile phone, and click on Music and then Pandora.
  4. Select which content you want to auto-sync to your device: your top Pandora stations, or your favorite workout stations. This should restart the download process.

Please note that it may take some time for your stations to finish downloading.

I'd also recommend reaching out to Fitbit's support team for more help. You can reach them by going to their help page or calling (877) 623-4997.

0 Kudos

Rosamaria124
Local Performer

Thats the same thing im having trouble with as well not begin able to play music on my Fitbit watch versa 2

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Rosamaria124! Thanks for posting to community. 

Can you tell me a little more about your experience with Pandora on your Fitbit? Are stations not downloading for offline use or are they downloaded but won't play?

I see that you may have performed some of the troubleshooting steps yesterday. Dare you still running into trouble?

0 Kudos