cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home - Error Message: "Sorry something went wrong..."

Ruiz77
Local Performer

I have Google home and for some reason, whenever I ask Google to play music, it state's "Sorry, something went wrong. When you're ready, give it another try." 

I've done all the trouble shooting that I've read about and still nothing. 

Can someone please help?! 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Ruiz77! Welcome to community, thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear you've been having trouble using voice commands with Pandora.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience?

• The exact voice command you're using?
  • Does this happen when requesting stations or playlist or both?
  • Do you receive the error message each time or does Pandora eventually begin to play?

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us understand what may be happening. While this trace is enabled, I'll need you to try and use Pandora as you normally would. 

Additionally, Google is really interested in what's happening when your Google Home device doesn't work as expected. They've asked us to refer listeners back to them when this happens.

Could you request that content from your Google Home again? Then, if your device still fails to launch Pandora correctly, file feedback with Google by saying "OK Google, file feedback."

This will send a diagnostic report to Google which will allow them to investigate what's going on.

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Ruiz77
Local Performer

Hello!!! 

I would say, "Hey Google play (name of the song, artist, or station)" it would state that it will play music on Pandora and then the message "Sorry, something went wrong. When you're ready, give it another try."

The music never starts playing unless I play Pandora from my phone and mirror it to my Google Nest WiFi. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @Ruiz77!

I've created a ticket and forwarded your experience to our engineering team for further investigation. I'll be sure to make updates in this thread as they made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime while we look into this. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos