cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livio Radio: Support deprication

icg2863
Local Performer

My Pandora Livio Radio is giving me an error loading message. I have done the upgrades and factory reset . I checked mt wifi connection and did a reboot and still no connection. What can I do? Please help me.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @icg2863! Welcome to community. 

Unfortunately your device is no longer supported by Pandora, so we cannot provide any specific activation or troubleshooting steps for your device. 

If your device has already been activated but isn't working, first, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

If you have any trouble, I recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for more help.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @icg2863! Welcome to community. 

Unfortunately your device is no longer supported by Pandora, so we cannot provide any specific activation or troubleshooting steps for your device. 

If your device has already been activated but isn't working, first, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

If you have any trouble, I recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for more help.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

deli
Local Performer

We're having the same problem and it started earlier this week. Guess we can no longer use this device anymore? I've tried factory reset, using both wifi and ethernet but the error persists.

0 Kudos

PJK
Local Performer

same here, I can still access the saved radio stations, just not my stations

0 Kudos

larkl
Local Performer

Mine seems to have turned into a brick.  I did a factory reset, I have it connected with CAT5 cable to the router.  It's getting an IP address, but it has no functionality. 

It seems that the Search functionality is working.  That's not particularly useful, but it's something.

From an EBay listing...

All Livio-branded radios will not work, under any circumstances, after January 31, 2021. There are two reasons: 1. The site that the radio depends upon to receive listings of available stations, including personal favorites set up by the user, to drive the menu system on the device is reciva.com. Reciva has announced that they are shutting down their site on that date, making the radio unable to access station addresses or listings. 2. Furthermore, Reciva is telling users to contact the manufacturer of their radio's hardware for updates. Unfortunately, Livio has been out of business for a few years now. As such, the radio will not be functional as soon as it is unable to contact Reciva's site. (As a side note, other Internet radio brands, such as Revo & Sangean, have had their station listing management vendor, Frontier, go out of business as well, in 2019. However, they were able to allow the users of their existing radios to continue using workarounds to keep their radios going. Then, during this past year, they secured a new company, Nuvola, to manage their listings for these older radios.) The Pandora functions on this Livio may or may not work, however.

https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/headlines/reciva-internet-radio-platform-shutting-down

0 Kudos

APV
Local Performer

@larkl wrote: From an EBay listing...

(As a side note, other Internet radio brands, such as Revo & Sangean, have had their station listing management vendor, Frontier, go out of business as well, in 2019. However, they were able to allow the users of their existing radios to continue using workarounds to keep their radios going. Then, during this past year, they secured a new company, Nuvola, to manage their listings for these older radios.)

My Sangean WFR-28 works just fine with Nuvola now. I am able to add my favorite streams from the AudioAddict network via URLs. Example: http://pre­m4.zenradi­o.com:port/channel?listenkey

If I subscribe to Pandora Premium, will I be able to generate similar URLs to add to my Sangean player via Nuvola? @TannerPandora please advise.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @APV! Thanks for posting. 

Pandora no longer supports these devices, so we aren't able to predict the functionality with any type of workaround. Since the individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some of the devices (like Sangean) may lack Pandora Premium's features.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Soulless0ne
Local Performer

I found out how to use mine so I figured I would post in case it will help someone.

If the radio is stuck “Searching” when it is first turned on or is acting kind of glitched I preformed a manual factory reset by:

• STEP 1: Unplug the device.
  • STEP 2: There is a knob on the front of the device. PRESS the knob in and HOLD it down.
  • STEP 3: While still holding it down, plug in the device.
  • STEP 4: Hold it down until you see the message “FACTORY RESET COMPLETED”

Let go of the knob and wait until the radio starts up. (you may need to unplug and plug back in if it takes a bit long)

You have to search for your internet connection again and enter password etc like normal.

After you do that, you can no longer search by the catalog of internet radio listings (like 60s, 70s etc.)

What you need to do is either KNOW the radio station/call-sign like 98.7 etc or know the genre of the station you want.

Then you need to Search World and manually enter a few letters to get a list of available channels.

I like listening to old time radio programs so I searched for ByGolly and Old Time and it brings up stations that way. Hope this helps.

bonesgin
Local Performer

we all paid good money for these items and now we are screwed due to the parent company shutdown.

0 Kudos

Tpandora1
Local Performer

It's now May 2023 and this does not work with my 1st generation LivioRadio which has has Pandora radio trademark printed on the front of my radio. I'm beyond disappointed as I thought having access to a world of stations was just incredible value in addition to being able to pick up Pandora's listed stations. I also thought this would always be functional as at least an internet radio. So sad about not being able to use it anymore. Unfortunately I was very slow to find out it has not been functional for quite awhile and I was often trying to figure out if I changed a setting and caused this myself. Yet Pandora itself is alive and well, although it was bought by Sirius XM Holdings...need I say more.

0 Kudos