cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVs - Shuffle option missing

CockerMom
Underground

I’m trying to help my 83 year old brother set up his new LG 65NANO85APA TV.  I downloaded the Pandora App from the App Store on the set (downloaded and installed it on 6/4/21) and we signed him in.  Once we got in to the app, he said that only about 6 of his stations are there, and there is no Shuffle option!  He is a paying Pandora customer who uses your system daily, so he is quite upset.  I used the TV’s web browser to go in to Pandora, and all of his stations and the Shuffle option is there, but he shouldn’t have to go in to Pandora that way!  Can you help us?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @CockerMom! Thanks for following up in the PM with that additional info. 

I'm going to continue in this thread just in case anyone else has a similar problem they can follow along.

I checked the account, and I do see that the account is upgraded to Pandora Plus and has 34 active stations. I'm not sure why only 6 stations are viewable on the TV. If you're able to send me some pictures of what you're seeing, that would be great. You can post pictures directly in your response here on community. 

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on the account and I'd like to start with some troubleshooting steps. 

First make sure your TV has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete. For steps on how to update the firmware I would refer to the owners manual for the TV itself. 

Then try removing the Pandora app and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your TV). 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @CockerMom! Thanks for posting to community. 

The shuffle option on most TVs and CE devices will be appear as a station on the station list, simply labeled, 'Shuffle'. If you're not seeing this, you may need to sort the stations from A-Z for it to appear (even if there are only a few stations on the account). 

Unfortunately, I'm not able to look deeper into this as I don't have the info for the account you're having trouble with. I am going to send you a private message to gather some additional details. 

Please be on the look out for this reply. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

CockerMom
Underground

Thank you, TannerPandora.  I just responded to your email.  We truly appreciate your help!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @CockerMom! Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, that email is a notification email that just lets you know I sent you a message on community.

Can you please reply directly to the Private Message from your Inbox within your community profile. The inbox looks like an envelope and is located in the top right corner of the page, next to your profile logo. 

Here's an example:

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 10.51.10 AM.png

Sorry for the confusion!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CockerMom! Thanks for following up in the PM with that additional info. 

I'm going to continue in this thread just in case anyone else has a similar problem they can follow along.

I checked the account, and I do see that the account is upgraded to Pandora Plus and has 34 active stations. I'm not sure why only 6 stations are viewable on the TV. If you're able to send me some pictures of what you're seeing, that would be great. You can post pictures directly in your response here on community. 

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on the account and I'd like to start with some troubleshooting steps. 

First make sure your TV has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete. For steps on how to update the firmware I would refer to the owners manual for the TV itself. 

Then try removing the Pandora app and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your TV). 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CockerMom
Underground

Thank you, Tanner.  I will go over to my brother’s in the next day or so and will try what you suggest. I will let you know how it goes!

0 Kudos

CockerMom
Underground

Hi, Tanner!  Thank you for so much help in resolving these issues!  We were able to get the app working!!!

The firmware was up to date, so I reinstalled the Pandora app.  The Pandora app may have been alright to begin with (don’t know?), but there was no harm in reinstalling it.  It does seem that there were only 6 stations appearing on the app previously, but after the reinstall, there appeared to be 8 stations. (Picture below.)

4FE8156F-278F-4C56-A1E7-C2EC1D7C1419.jpeg

Sorting the Collection in Settings made The Shuffle function pop out.  Then, seeing the stations going off the screen on the right let me know that there were more stations there.  The directional arrows (^ v < >) revealed the other stations.  

Thanks, again, for your attention and your help!   We are up and running!!! 😁

TannerPandora

Awesome! Glad to hear it, @CockerMom! 🎉🙌🏻 Have a wonderful week! Enjoy Pandora! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Deby
Local Performer

That worked. Thank you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear those steps helped resolve the issue you were experiencing, @Deby.

Hope you're enjoying the tunes! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos