cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

Joemanfu
Underground

I just updated the Pandora app on my Sony Bravia XBR-55X700D Android TV, and now the "Shuffle" option is gone. What happened? I've been an paying subscriber for almost a decade now and you've removed the only reason I have to use your service?

Before the "moderator" shows up... It's a Sony Bravia XBR-55X700D. There are no error codes or messages. The "Shuffle" station is just gone now.

Can we, as paying customers, get real help from a human being instead of a flow-chart following bot?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

Joemanfu
Underground

When is this going to get fixed? Doesn't management see the ever growing list of compliments and reported gliches? 

What about rolling back the app version? Everything seemed to work fine before you "improved" it.

Does management no see the ever growing list of complaints and reported gliches? I guess they won't care until their profits start dropping.

bcbar8o
Local Performer

Mine is doing the same thing. I cannot find Shuffle with my collection sorted a-z, or default?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tjparty2007, thanks for posting to community. I moved your message to an existing thread: Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

We're aware of this issue and are currently investigating. I've added your info to our ticket. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

++ 

For your offline stations - can you let me know which device this is happening on?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @bcbar8o!

I moved your post over to an existing thread on this issue: Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

We're aware and are investigating this issue. I've added your info to our ticket. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

bloopeanut
Underground

@TannerPandora On your other question which I had missed yesterday, it's an Altice One Mini box.  I'm not sure where to find the model number.

Kim35
Underground

My shuffle option seems to have disappeared from this morning. Can anyone help with this? TIA.

0 Kudos

junioor
Local Performer

Since Thurday 8-13-2020 I can find the option to shuffle stations above the station list on my Denon receiver, Yamaha receiver or my Roku device.

I have a Pandora Plus, Shuffle is working on my android phone and my Chromebook but do not shows up on my Denon, Yamaha or my Roku device.

This is frustrating.

Jr.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @bloopeanut!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kim35, thanks for posting to community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

Our engineers are investigating this issue. Can you let me know the make and model of the device you are using? I can add your info to the ticket. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

Kim35
Underground

Thanks, Tanner. Samsung Q90. Thank you for the speedy reply!!

TannerPandora

Hi @junioor - thanks for posting to community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

Our engineers are currently investigating this issue with the shuffle station. I've gone ahead and added your info to our ticket.

We appreciate your patience while we looking into this.

junioor
Local Performer

Lets cross our finger ans wait then. Thank you

steamroll9
Local Performer

Every time I come home,  Alexa runs a command that starts playing my Pandora Shuffle station.  Over the last week or so, I noticed some out of place music.  Asked to play shuffle station, and just starts playing something random.  Checked the App, doesn't even list Shuffle in the history.  Then I tried to listen to Shuffle through the Denon HEOS App on my receiver, not listed at all.  Should be at the top, not there, or under S.  No quickmix either.

What's the deal?  Listen to shuffle 95%of the time.  Not happy....

0 Kudos

roaringmouse
Local Performer

Pandora on my Tivo stopped offering Shuffle in the last day or two.

AdamPandora

@steamroll9 It sounds like you are running into two separate issues.

Shuffle missing on your Denon HEOS App:

This is also a known issue that our engineers are looking into, so I ended up merging your post into this thread: Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

I have passed along your information to them so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience with this in the meantime!

Unable to shuffle stations on Alexa:

It looks like others have reported a similar experience on this thread: Echo & Alexa app won't shuffle Pandora anymore

Can you please send us a screenshot showing your utterance history report? You can find instructions on how to gather that information in the message @TannerPandora provided.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@roaringmouse Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated your feedback over to our engineers so they can take a closer look.

Please keep an eye on this thread as we will be providing you with updates when we receive additional info.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

c_park1
Local Performer

Pandora I use a 4k fire stick and this just happened to me. I used the shuffle icon all the time. It is now gone and I can not find it

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @c_park1. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread in Other Devices: Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

I've shared your information with our engineering team. They are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. 

Appreciate your patience while they look into this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

GoinPostalMarcu
Local Performer

Exactly the same issue on my Fire TV 4K. If you watch carefully when you list your stations the shuffle icon will briefly be there for a split second and then be replaced with a station. Someone has made a code change that forcing the icon to be overwritten so it needs rolling back. Without shuffle stations I may as well listen to Sirius XM. This is obviously a major issue and would be a fairly easy fix so if it doesn’t get fixed in a few days I’m cancelling my decade old subscription.

LockBall
Underground

Replying to add mine to the list.

Missing QuickMix / Shuffle on Denon AVRX4100W Receiver

After the recent service outage the QuickMix / Shuffle Station has been removed from all of my devices.

The easiest example is on my Denon AVRX4100W Receiver, the QuickMix / Shuffle station is simply gone which renders shuffling the stations impossible.

I am aware that on Android devices / apps and webpages there is still a shuffle option, however on non-Android / web devices the station needs to be there or there is no way to shuffle.

Would greatly appreciate a fix for this. It worked immediately prior to the recent outage.

UPDATE:

Guess this issue was the final motivation I needed. Spotify has a student rate that includes Hulu and Showtime for 4.99 $ / mo. They support folders, playlists and shuffle.

I will always remember the old Pandora with a customizable web page background, lightweight high quality playback through the Pandora One app, and easy new music discovery.

Not sure what went wrong, but they seem more focused on new logos and removing features than providing quality service.
0 Kudos