cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Quickmix/Shuffle station and/or Thumbprint Radio

Joemanfu
Underground

I just updated the Pandora app on my Sony Bravia XBR-55X700D Android TV, and now the "Shuffle" option is gone. What happened? I've been an paying subscriber for almost a decade now and you've removed the only reason I have to use your service?

Before the "moderator" shows up... It's a Sony Bravia XBR-55X700D. There are no error codes or messages. The "Shuffle" station is just gone now.

Can we, as paying customers, get real help from a human being instead of a flow-chart following bot?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

bullittdental
Local Performer

As of last week my Yamaha network receiver and AV app no longer includes a shuffle option for Pandora stations. We listen to Pandora all day in our dental office so we will have to find another service if this isn't resolved quickly. Thanks

0 Kudos

cbalance129
Local Performer

Also missing shuffle on my Samsung TV.  It seems like if there was a change made on your side, it can be backed out - that's usually what computer systems do...  Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bullittdental and @bounder! Thanks for posting to community.

@bullittdental I moved your message over to an existing thread on this here

We're aware of this issue and our engineers are currently working on it. Stay tuned for an update on this issue soon. 

Thanks for your patience!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

LockBall
Underground

I have been a Pandora user since 2011 when I used the Pandora One service. It had a great web interface, desktop app and more. Pandora has been removing features that I like and adding things I don't like. This deletion of the shuffle / quickmix station is the final issue for me. I am currently in the process of switching to Spotify. They have a new (to me) feature that allows one to create folders of radio style stations and playlists. It has been working great. They have automatic volume leveling, track crossfade, nested folder support and a better interface (desktop app). They also seem to have a greater variety of songs as I am finally hearing new music again after Pandora got stuck playing the same things over and over.

0 Kudos

PDXJay
Local Performer

I have the same issue. The shuffle option has disappeared on my Yamaha receiver and on my TIVO.

However, it still appears if I use the Pandora app on my Android phone, and it also works if I go to Pandora.com on my Windows 10 computer.

Help! Many thanks

0 Kudos

crystaldragon
Underground

have quick mix on my dish network hopper and vizio tv. Thay both stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I do not have the option of shuffle on either device. As I have over 2000 tunes in assorted musical styles would really like to get the feature back. I've also contacted the manufactures and have been told the app firmware is up to date.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@PDXJay @crystaldragon Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community. 

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating.

Please keep an eye on this thread as we will be providing updates here as we receive more information from them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Kward316
Local Performer

Hello,

I’ve always used the Shuffle Station option when listening to Pandora on my phone or my tv. Recently the Shuffle option is no longer available on my TV but is still available on my phone. I’ve tried sorting stations A-Z and reinstalling the application with no luck. Is this now only included in the premium subscription (even though my phone still allows me to shuffle)? Thanks! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Kward316 I moved your post to this thread since you reported a similar issue.

I have passed your feedback along to our engineers.

Keep an eye on this thread as we will be providing updates here when we receive additional info from them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Joemanfu
Underground

There's now 6 pages worth of this problem. When can we expect this to be rectified? Why not roll back the version to when it functioned correctly?

"Keep an eye on this thread as we will be providing updates here when we receive additional info from them."

When? What compensation will be provided for paying customers not able to use the features they paid for?

0 Kudos

pigX13
Local Performer

I'm missing the shuffle station opinion on my Hisense tv. It's no longer in the A-Z sort, not is it in sort by date. Is there a fix for this at the moment? 

0 Kudos

we2wards
Local Performer

Pandora has been "investigating" this problem for three weeks. When do you expect to start working on resolving the problem and when do you expect it to be fixed. For a technology related company this is extremely poor response time.

0 Kudos

TFC
Underground

Pandora has been "investigating" this problem for three weeks. Could you please let us all know when you expect to start working on resolving the problem and when do you expect it to be fixed?

For such a well-established technology related company this is extremely poor response time, and it reflects Pandora's unacceptable lack of dedication to customer service.

0 Kudos

GoinPostalMarcu
Local Performer

As of today Shuffle is back. Thanks for the fix

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for posting your experience and for your continued patience while this was being investigated. 

We now believe this issue has been resolved. In some cases you may need to sign out and then back in again. 

Please let us know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

bullittdental
Local Performer

Thank You! Quick Mix is Back! I turned off my Yamaha receiver and turned back on and the quick mix selection was back. Thanks again- Rob

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming @bullittdental! Glad to hear it's back and working! 👍🏻

0 Kudos

roaringmouse
Local Performer

Shuffle is available again on my TiVo.

Thanks,

Jeff

crystaldragon
Underground

Thanks for fixing my Quick Mix on both my Dish Network Hopper/Joey and my Vizio TV>

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Awesome @roaringmouse! Thanks for confirming! 🎉

0 Kudos