cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing stations on SONOS

Chameleon
Local Performer

I listen to Pandora via the sonos app on my smartphone. It works great, EXCEPT two problems:

1.  I cannot create new stations from sonos - the instructions provided by Pandora do not work (there is no option to "create new station" within my sonos app) and I've looked everywhere. . .

2.  So, because of (1) above, I log into my Pandora account on my PC, and create the station, (PITA, but at least it works) HOWEVER, on my snon app, the new stations aren't there.  WTF?

What must I do to have ALL of my existing Pandora stations show up in my SONOS app?  I have a paid Pandora subscription and only 11 stations, shouldn't I be able to see them all??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Chameleon!

Sorry for the continued trouble. Let's try to get you back to listening to all of your stations.

Creating Stations from the Sonos app:

• To create a new Pandora station from your Sonos app, tap the ellipses (...) next to the My Stations header. Here you'll see options to select New Station or Edit Stations.
  • You can also create new stations, edit current stations and control your Sonos device directly from your Pandora app.

You should be able to see the same stations across all of your devices.

++

If you're still having trouble, let's try these steps to see if they help:

• First, ensure that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos.
  • Next, check for any updates to the Sonos and Pandora apps. To check for any necessary updates, visit the app store on your device.
  • If you continue to have trouble after you've done that, make sure that your Sonos' firmware is up to date. To check for firmware updates from an iOS or Android device, open your Sonos app and tap on the More tab. Select Settings and then Check for Updates.

Once any necessary updates are complete, restart your Sonos device and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

JillB
Underground

I'm having the same problem. So frustrating! When I click on the My Station ellipses the only option I have is "Remove from My Sonos" - no New Station or Edit Station option.

Re the firmware update, from iOS, when I open the Sonos app, there is NO More tab. I can click on Settings and then Check for Updates, which tells me that I'm up to date on everything.

Now what?

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @JillB, sorry to hear this is happening on the Sonos app.

I've started a ticket with our engineers so they can further investigate. Can you do me a favor and please take a screenshot/picture of the missing options on the app. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JillB
Underground

Hi Tanner, thank you for your response! Screenshot below. Jill

JillB_0-1586540285855.png

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the screenshot @JillB! Much appreciated. 

At the bottom, in the pop-up, are you able to scroll past 'Remove from My Sonos' or do you see any sort of ellipsis (...)?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JillB
Underground

No, the only options are to click Cancel or Remove from My Sonos.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming @JillB 👍🏻

++

Hi @JillB - One more question, do you have multiple accounts on your Sonos household?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JillB
Underground

Turns out we do!