rayjaq
Local Performer

I have no sound on Pandora

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 1/5/24:

We've received confirmation from several listeners that disabling the IPV6 from the Network Settings on their Samsung TV has resolved the no sound issue for them. In an effort to further investigate if this work around is helpful we're asking if other listeners would be willing to try and disable this setting on their TV.

How to disable IPV6 from your Samsung TV:

• Go to Home
  • Settings
  • General
  • Network
  • Expert Settings - From here you can disable the IVP6 setting
  • Reboot the TV and/or uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app (You may need to do both).

Let us know if this workaround has helped you.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

249 Replies

nangil
Local Performer

I am having the same issues as others.  My Pandora app worked fine for 3 weeks on my new Samsung Q50R QLED tv that I just bought 4 weeks ago.  Then all of a sudden one week ago it will no longer play.  It displays the bars that move with a song at the top of the screen, but the song is not playing and the timer at the bottom shows all zero's.  I have tried every single suggestion offered on this discussion thread and NONE have worked.  I do not have the IPv6 option available on my tv.  And yes I have deleted the app and reinstalled, rebooted my router, etc etc.  Pandora works on all my other devices in my home just fine.  I am a heavy user of Pandora and do not care for the other music apps.  This appears to be a Pandora issue and has been going on for two years according to this thread!!!  Why can't you fix this?  Please advise!

gaiasway
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with Pandora, and ONLY Pandora on my new Samsung 'smart' TV. Never had this problem before. The IP setting noted was already disabled on the TV. When I reset the sound in the settings tab, it plays fine, unless I try to change the station or until the next song. What is going on with this APP and the TV? Seems to be a software glitch between them? 

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience to community. 

We are working with Samsung to investigate this issue. In the meantime, I've added your information to our ticket. We'll be posting updates as they are made available to us in this thread. 

In the meantime, here are a few things to try:

Make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Second, if you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

justjoy
Local Performer

nothing works

malindajg
Local Performer

This is exactly my experience.  I just signed up for free 30 days.  Darned if I pay for this!

malindajg
Local Performer

I’ve done all that.  Still no sound!😬

Uberchaos
Local Performer

Same, no sound, no fix that I can find.

0 Kudos

hkj324
Underground

I have this same issue with Pandora playing sound on my Samsung TV. It played fine for 6 mos, then suddenly the sound stopped but there is equilizer moving to indicate a song is playing. The sound returned about 3 months ago but now has gone soundless once again with the equilizer moving from song to song.

It seems like it happens when there has bern an update of some type.

I have already made sure my software is up to date on my Samsung 55 TV. 

0 Kudos

ManicPickle
Local Performer

Same here...doesn't work on my new Q70AA 65" w/latest firmware. 

0 Kudos

KKlick
Local Performer

Any update here?

0 Kudos

dwshook
Local Performer

Same for me too. I used to listen without issue through my Onkyo receiver to my Samsung TV. As of late - nothing and I am a monthly subscriber. "What up"?

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

Midair
Underground

Same.  QN55Q6DT.  Firmware 1460.
App launches successfully and “bars” move as if sound is playing but no progression in time.  The “skip” does not work.  I reinstalled the app but no change 

Jentrybreeane12
Local Performer

Same here my Pandora app hasn’t worked for months on my Samsung TV. I’ve tried every suggestion there is and nothing works. 😑

Didelphis
Local Performer

It was working fine last week. Today it started doing exactly as mentioned above. Moving bars at the top, no movement and zero timers at the bottom. Ordered some Ethernet cables for testing.

marisaulrich
Local Performer

Same! I am glad its not just me. Played for about six months when we got this TV, probably stopped in the last month. Model #UN49ku7000fxza. Thanks all!.

Midair
Underground

It’s working today but not yesterday.   Same firmware (1460) on model QN55Q6DT.  The only know change on my end was as of yesterday I was using a T-Mobile Internet Gateway and now an AT&T cable modem.   I doubt this is the issue with others but I’m wondering if some routers are not passing some ports used by the app….???  Not necessarily end-user routers but somewhere in the network.   Pandora app version 3.0.0 in use.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Midair! Thank you for posting your experience. 

Do you still have the T-Mobile Internet Gateway available to you? Wondering if you can reconnect to the T-Mobile IG and try and replicate the same issue again on your TV. 

This would be a great help! Thank you. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Midair
Underground

Unfortunately no. The gateway did not provide expected throughput speeds
and I returned it. I did however switch back to the AT&T router when I
noticed no Pandora sound and it continued not to work. I’m wondering if
some ISPs a blocking some ports and things are changing in the network so
that it works at times. You make y want to check with others having the
issue to see what ISPs are being used. There may be a common denominator.

I did connect to my Verizon phone as a hot spot and it continued to work

Steve
[Phone]

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

Drewski1215
Underground

Any updates @TannerPandora ?  I pay for the premium and I’m disappointed I can’t play Pandora through my Samsung TV which is connected to my stereo.  I’ve tried all troubleshooting suggestions unfortunately none work.  

Thanks